APP OUT ON PLAY STORE

By Mantis731, in Legends of the Alliance

12 minutes ago, Shenannigan said:

Is the app the something that has replay value? Or is it a one and done type thing?

It has new missions and side missions. It is all based on the content that you have. Like the Decent App they will continue to add additional App campaign and side missions seperate from the actual big box expansions, but it will be based on the content that you own already.

5 hours ago, Shenannigan said:

Is the app the something that has replay value? Or is it a one and done type thing?

The App currently contains a campaign called Flight of the Freedom Fighter.

The campaign has some replayability, because you can use normal or hard difficulty, choose different heroes, have different encounter and mission outcomes, and thus have different rewards and can use different allies.

Of course you don't be surprised with all of the events happening when you play a second time.

It is expected and hinted by the article that there will be more campaigns for the app in the future.

Anyone seen anything about a release date for the app on the Kindle store? With Steam dropping tomorrow can we expect it imminently on the Fire? Was Amazon a late platform addition for Road to Legend?

Edit: Baleted! The problem was between the iPad and the couch.

Edited by OccasionallyCorrect

Steam page now gone from saying 4th December to Coming Soon. Hmmm.

2 hours ago, jonamok said:

They had a big countdown last night leading up to the release and now they switched it to coming soon again...

What is going on? :lol:

On 12/2/2017 at 2:15 AM, neosmagus said:

The thing is I don't want to paint my figures, at least not at the moment. I've already put the stickers on all of them, and for example, my officers are black 4, 5 and 6. My Stormtroopers are Red 1, 2, 3 and, I think, 13 (the ones that came in the figure pack). The original rules said nothing about using the stickers in any particular way.

Well, I get that (though painting is pretty great).

What you could do is notice the pattern the colors are listed in the app (I don't have it open right now, but from left to right I believe it's something like Grey, Black, Blue, Red).

Then, consider the numbers on the bases of your units. From lowest to highest, increase from colors left to right. So, for instance, with your officers: 4 would always be Grey, 5 would always be black, 6 would always be blue (or whatever it actually is in the app). Same for Stormtroopers, too, of course. I ran into this issue with my stormtroopers and probe droids last night (since I don't have a way to distinctly reference regulars from each other for those groups) and it worked well.

4 hours ago, jonamok said:

On the right-hand side it still says, "Release Date: Dec 4, 2017" Maybe there's still hope? ...or maybe they just forgot to change the side bar release date.

Just got notified via my watchlist that it's now available on Steam. Yay!

On 12/4/2017 at 7:17 AM, subtrendy2 said:

What you could do is notice the pattern the colors are listed in the app (I don't have it open right now, but from left to right I believe it's something like Grey, Black, Blue, Red).

Then, consider the numbers on the bases of your units. From lowest to highest, increase from colors left to right. So, for instance, with your officers: 4 would always be Grey, 5 would always be black, 6 would always be blue (or whatever it actually is in the app). Same for Stormtroopers, too, of course. I ran into this issue with my stormtroopers and probe droids last night (since I don't have a way to distinctly reference regulars from each other for those groups) and it worked well.

I have to admit, I'm with neosmagus on this. I do my numbering differently than he, but it's not very "user friendly" for the app to use a completely different color scheme than the game provides. It obviously won't be a problem if there's only one instance of a group, but if there are multiple groups of Stormtroopers or Officers, for instance, having to create my own hacky workaround to try and keep track of which is which makes the app a bit less "usable" (not completely UNusable, just a pain to use).

13 minutes ago, sigmazero13 said:

I have to admit, I'm with neosmagus on this. I do my numbering differently than he, but it's not very "user friendly" for the app to use a completely different color scheme than the game provides. It obviously won't be a problem if there's only one instance of a group, but if there are multiple groups of Stormtroopers or Officers, for instance, having to create my own hacky workaround to try and keep track of which is which makes the app a bit less "usable" (not completely UNusable, just a pain to use).

Meh, I guess.

I'm sure some numbering schemes don't mesh as well, and it is weird that they opted for grey instead of red.

Hopefully, the addition of expansions will spread groups out a little more and make duplicates of regular groups less common.

On 2017/12/04 at 4:17 PM, subtrendy2 said:

Hehe, if only I had been consistent with my labelling.

I do like your suggestion. But good news is that by being extra careful I was able to remove the stickers from all my figures and reapply them to match the way the app was expecting. Red for elite, black for regular, blue for the second regular and purple for the rare third regular (extra stormtrooper pack and clawdites.)

18 minutes ago, neosmagus said:

Hehe, if only I had been consistent with my labelling.

I do like your suggestion. But good news is that by being extra careful I was able to remove the stickers from all my figures and reapply them to match the way the app was expecting. Red for elite, black for regular, blue for the second regular and purple for the rare third regular (extra stormtrooper pack and clawdites.)

I did something similar pre-app. I was unhappy about how I previously had labeled my figures so I went on and carefully removed stickers with tweezers. It worked great. Now, just like you I use red stickers for elite (make sense!) and I use figures without stickers for regulars (unpainted figures so they are still grey). For stormtroopers, prob droids or officers I use black stickers in case 2 regulars are deployed at the same time. I may reserve black stickers for the Empire and use maybe blue or purple for scums with 2 regular deployment cards (i.e. clawdites)

On 12/2/2017 at 4:26 AM, Union said:

You can run Android apps on a PC with emulators like Nox or Bluestacks. Steam says it will be out on Monday.

Cheers.

Just got it off Steam. We tried it out the other day and it is pretty good.