The Defense of Thelys token behavior

By DeFerret, in Road to Legend

Hi all,

i've just completed for the first time the kindred fire interlude, but i have a question regarding the dueling characters, the ettin and the lord (token). the ettin behave like other monsters, chasing heroes and clobbering them? or will stay in the initial position? if the first option, what is the behavior of the White token? will follow the Ettin, Always in contact with him? or will stay in that place? how is moved?

I've mantained the initial position for both dueling characters, but in this way you have to walk a lot to reach the ettin and eventually the lord will die...

Edited by DeFerret

The master Ettin Darvik activates like any other monster. It benefits from special effects of the top part of the activation window and performs actions as indicated in the bottom part. If instructed he will engage the heroes (or figures treated as heroes). However, as Sir Kane (represented by the white objective token) is not considered to be a hero figure, Darvik ignores him during his activation.

The duel between Darvik and Sir Kane takes place only at the end of the round. The app provides the following instruction to ensure that Sir Kane and Darvik are adjacent and damage of the duel is applied:

Remove the white objective token from the map and place it in the closest empty space adjacent to Darvik the Black. Then roll 1 red die. Sir Kane and Darvik the Black each suffer [Hearts] equal to the [Hearts] rolled. Has Sir Kane suffered 12 or more [Hearts]?

Sir Kane cannot suffer damage from any other source.

Edited by Sadgit

Well... or the italian translation missed this detail for token movement, or i've totally misread the instructions... in both cases i've did wrong with the interlude finale, so... maybe it's better to restart the campaign i believe...

Thank you for the reply

Edited by DeFerret

I opened the door to that section of the map while the rest of the team were miles away. My GF was not impressed ?

Fortunately, she was playing as Jane/ Treasure Hunter so, with her heroic feat, Elven Boots, Dead Mans Trinket, ridiculous skill set and a stamina potion, there aren’t many places on a map she can’t get to (and back from)