How to make 2 competitive decks from 3 Cores

By Moto Takasango, in L5R LCG: Deck Building

I main Unicorn and i are looking to make a competitive second deck to play with other. Through a look at a variety of decks the only card that all decks have x 3 Court games.

What combinations can i go for? I can switch to crane splash for my Unideck so I can make a dragon lion deck

What do you people use?

Are there training decks posted online?

Are you splashing Lion or Dragon in your Unicorn deck? I assume Lion, in which case Crane with Dragon can make a fun honor / dueling deck. That's what I'm planning on trying out with Way of the Chrysanthemum.

Are you trying to build two decks that are equally competitive with one another? Presumably so you can introduce people to the game by having two decks ready to go.

Or.......

Are you trying to have a 2nd competitive deck to play when you want to take a break from playing Unicorn?

I have a competitive rush and military Unicorn deck with dragon splash

I want to make another competitive deck to play with a friend. Besides Court Games which i need 3x and i can proxy

Is there another deck to complement mine and be of a different playstyle?

Preferably Dragon as i can switch my deck to the mid-range courtier one and change the splash to Crane so let go and mirumotos furies can be used in the second deck

What seems to be the problem? With three cores, you have 6 of each Neutral.

Sorry I'm still a little confused here. If you have 3 cores, shouldn't you have 6 copies of Court Games? That should be plenty for two decks that want to run them

If one deck is going to be splashing Dragon and having attachment control, I think it might be a good idea to make the counter deck include Scorpion in some capacity as it's the only other clan in the core that has a way to deal with attachments.

I'd probably go with a Lion deck of some type to put up against Unicorn. It usually results in an interesting military match up where Lion tends to have the upper hand, but, if Unicorn can pull off some well timed movement tricks, you get a pretty interesting back and forth military battle.

Lion with Crane Splash is a pretty strong deck out of just core only cards and wouldn't require you to change up your existing Unicorn w/Dragon splash deck.

The only other cards that are typically Auto Include are

3x Court Games

3x Fine Katana

3x Ornate Fan

(I don't actually auto include these, but I know a lot of people do.)

Still you should have 6 copies of each of these with 3 core, You should always be able to build 2 competitive decks with 3 core.

You just can't overlap the Main Clan and Splash Clan in order to have access to full card pool.