All Tentacles?

By Haunster, in General Discussion

I'm curious if anyone has ever tried an all tentacles game.

1 hour ago, Haunster said:

Once, against Elder Things. Lost hard, but think we had some bad luck besides all the tentacles. : )

According to the statistics data at least two other people used the "only Hard" variant.
I guess you're more interested in how it went. All the reported "only Hard" games resulted in victories but this is, of course, biased.

16 hours ago, Haunster said:

Cthulhu, victory. Never been able to defeat Cthulhu on easy, for what's worth...

Wow! Thanks for the feedback. I have never done this and plan to give it a try. Expecting a major defeat, but it will be great Lovecraftian fun!

On 29.11.2017 at 7:17 AM, Haunster said:

What does it mean "tentacles" in that sense? Are they all the camps, including from the add-ons during one party game?

4 hours ago, Sauron 3 said:

What does it mean "tentacles" in that sense? Are they all the camps, including from the add-ons during one party game?

If you look on the Mythos cards(purple back) on the text side there are borders on the cards that have snowflakes that represent easy events, no image that represent regular events, and tentacles that represent hard events. A game with all tentacles means that you are playing a hard only Mythos run. These are very difficult games!

Edited by LordPyrex

Might give it a try. Who's the easiest AoO nowadays? Still Yog?

1 hour ago, Eldan985 said:

Might give it a try. Who's the easiest AoO nowadays? Still Yog?

Elder Things and Abhoth.
Statistics data .

Thank You very much for the answer!

The idea has crossed my mind, but honestly, I find it to be against the Mythos, so I don't do it.

i always play easy removed..

i still pull about 50-50% win/loss

there's zero reason to play with easy mythos.. i find it asinine when i'm playing with a group and things are coming down to the wire and we get to the "dangerous" mythos phase and each investigator gains a blessing condition. it's for maybe your first through third games, but once you know how to play, i can't see a reason you would still be playing with easy mythos cards.. that's like mastering a video game, but only ever playing it on the easiest difficulty, have you really mastered the game, or is it just skewed in your favor?