Legends of the Alliance - IA App Coming Soon

By werdnaegni, in Legends of the Alliance

Not that many more IA 5 , Descent 7 ;) (big box). I hope they will give me a reason to buy more big box expansions ;)

According to the App announcement page all heroes will be available at launch.

To play Legends of the Alliance , you don’t need anything more than the Imperial Assault Core Set —but the more physical expansions you add to your collection, the more content you have access to within the app. You’ll be able to play with any of the heroes from your expansions and find items and supply cards from across your collection as well. At launch, the app will only support the Imperial and Mercenary forces from the Core Set as your enemies, but future updates will add new foes and allies from additional box expansions, Ally Packs , and Villain Packs . What’s more, future campaigns will draw heavily on expansions as you journey across the Star Wars galaxy and explore new planets beyond anything you’ve encountered before.

3 hours ago, The Cocky Rooster said:

According to the App announcement page all heroes will be available at launch.

This would be a very nice surprise! The only thing that was clearly stated was:

...app will only support the Imperial and Mercenary forces ...

So does mean all the heroes/items will be ready to go at launch? As I've stated earlier in this thread, Verena (RTH) and charged ammo pack (HOTE) are showcased in the announcement article. Never know!

19 minutes ago, Armandhammer said:

This would be a very nice surprise! The only thing that was clearly stated was: ....

So does mean all the heroes/items will be ready to go at launch? As I've stated earlier in this thread, Verena (RTH) and charged ammo pack (HOTE) are showcased in the announcement article. Never know!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/11/20/legends-of-the-alliance/

"You’ll be able to play with any of the heroes from your expansions and find items and supply cards from across your collection as well."

It is exactly what it says. You can play as any of the released heroes. ;)

Edited by a1bert
39 minutes ago, a1bert said:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/11/20/legends-of-the-alliance/

"You’ll be able to play with any of the heroes from your expansions and find items and supply cards from across your collection as well."

It is exactly what it says. You can play as any of the released heroes. ;)

Trust him ;)

15 hours ago, Zrob314 said:

It's not a licensing thing.

If it had map awareness and tracked all tokens then you could play it without having actually purchased the game.

Which would be dumb for FFG to do.

(incidentally that's why Descent and Mansions of Madness don't have map awareness or track all tokens.)

Any game made can be played with pnp/proxies. You don't need an app to do so. The components you could replace with the app would be limited to the tokens and maybe the map tiles. It would do nothing for the hundreds of cards that actually make the game a game.

6 hours ago, McTavish said:

Any game made can be played with pnp/proxies. You don't need an app to do so. The components you could replace with the app would be limited to the tokens and maybe the map tiles. It would do nothing for the hundreds of cards that actually make the game a game.

The app will already have the appropriate cards in it (it keeps track of your character's inventory, just like descent)

If they were going to make the app a stand alone game, they would have to charge for it or they would just be throwing money away because no one would ever need to buy a new box.

Alternately they are expecting this to revive sales of IA much like the Descent App did for that game.

You'll have to tell the app which products you own, they have a separate section for that, and then it will pull only stuff from what you own.

Sadly the more you own, the harder it is to find something it is telling you to use. It is actually best to leave a lot of stuff out at first until you get use to the app or have all your collections organized.

4 hours ago, Mep said:

You'll have to tell the app which products you own, they have a separate section for that, and then it will pull only stuff from what you own.

Sadly the more you own, the harder it is to find something it is telling you to use. It is actually best to leave a lot of stuff out at first until you get use to the app or have all your collections organized.

I put all the deployment cards sorted by type in a business card holder. you can quickly flip through and find the selected bad guys. also a toolbox for the minis.

Is the group that estimated the game's launch for December 4? today is day 1. I'm with you. Come on day 4.

45 minutes ago, Corver said:

I put all the deployment cards sorted by type in a business card holder. you can quickly flip through and find the selected bad guys. also a toolbox for the minis.

For me the secret will be a good organization of what you have. 
I myself want to play with everything, and I can have all the possibilities.

now I was left in no doubt as to the weapons cards, rewards and boxes. 
Will we only use the ones in the app or the ones in the game too?
Edited by Belvasques

44 minutes ago, Belvasques said:

For me the secret will be a good organization of what you have. 
I myself want to play with everything, and I can have all the possibilities.

now I was left in no doubt as to the weapons cards, rewards and boxes. 
Will we only use the ones in the app or the ones in the game too?

Looking at the rules, it mentions 18 reward cards, which shows shen's lightsaber so i guess its an upgrade that can be won.

But also 12 supply and 36 Items. but the it mentions only 6 heroes which we know isnt true as we have seen more in the app than the starting box heroes. Also it says to

Remove the cards “Valuable Goods,” “Troop Data,”

and “C1 Comlink” from the Supply card deck and return them

to the game box.

17 minutes ago, Corver said:

Looking at the rules, it mentions 18 reward cards, which shows shen's lightsaber so i guess its an upgrade that can be won.

But also 12 supply and 36 Items. but the it mentions only 6 heroes which we know isnt true as we have seen more in the app than the starting box heroes. Also it says to

Remove the cards “Valuable Goods,” “Troop Data,”

and “C1 Comlink” from the Supply card deck and return them

to the game box.

so far, are these only cards to be taken out of the game? Nice. my fear was to get everything in the app, but it looks like it will be like its precessors. descending and Mansions of Madnes, that the cards stayed with the players.

Well the items and supply are only from the base box by the look of things. but that front page doesnt make much sense with regards to contents as it could have been copied from base game.

I understand

Actually if you look at the Descent road to legends rulebook the contents are again 8 characters and the basic supply deck but of course supports alot more. So I guess FFG will add more content and to be honest i wouldnt mind paying if it meant more support.

I agree with you. Nor would you care to pay to have something more elaborate.

1 hour ago, Corver said:

Well the items and supply are only from the base box by the look of things. but that front page doesnt make much sense with regards to contents as it could have been copied from base game.

You will use your physical supply deck more or less in the normal way when you are instructed to draw a supply card (or use MHD-19's abilities to draw them). So, the app doesn't even need to know what's in your supply deck.

I think it would be more confusing for new players to show items and other cards that are not in the core box in the rulebook than not show cards that are in your optional expansions.

Edited by a1bert
Exited. Already available for download.
Uhuuul. Let's go guys, time to celebrate the app came out.
4 minutes ago, Belvasques said:

Exited. Already available for download.

Where?

gooogle play.

Look for star wars imperial assault only.

not by app name
6 minutes ago, Belvasques said:

gooogle play.

Look for star wars imperial assault only.

not by app name

Hmm, still no luck. Maybe its region based?

edit: clicking on the link worked, though. Maybe my Google Fu just isn't strong :P

Edited by subtrendy2

There's no way they released the app without an accompanying announcement article.

Nothing on the app store yet