Legends of the Alliance - IA App Coming Soon

By werdnaegni, in Legends of the Alliance

13 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

FFG making the app for android, apple, and Steam must take a bit of time.

Not if they used a cross platform engine like Unity. The real issues are working out exactly how much should be done in the App and yet still keep it as a board game and, of course, the AI.

On 11/22/2017 at 4:43 AM, Master Wang said:

I wonder how thematic and time-period consistent the app missions will be. I do hope there won't be an abundance of Nexu running around inside Imperial installations or Royal Guard watching over trash compactors. Also, and this is just my personal preference as someone who liked the idea of time periods, it would be nice to be able to get item cards from certain blister packs into the mix without the characters from them showing up. In other words, Ancient Lightsaber, yes please. Obi Wan appearing after his death as an ally, no thanks.

Overall, I am very excited about this. My IA purchases will not be sitting almost completely idle for much longer!

I fully agree. I was hoping for an option for time periods that you could just toggle on. Until then, I’ll probably just leave OB1 and Maul, etc, out of my “collection” in the app as needed.

3 hours ago, Gallanteer said:

Not if they used a cross platform engine like Unity. The real issues are working out exactly how much should be done in the App and yet still keep it as a board game and, of course, the AI.

Yeah. I was thinking about this. I’m pretty sure this is why the app is not true AI...ultimately seeking to keep the game a board game.

On another note: As perpetual Imperial player (until the app) I sort of wish the new healing rules applied to all campaigns?

42 minutes ago, VadersMarchKazoo said:

I fully agree. I was hoping for an option for time periods that you could just toggle on. Until then, I’ll probably just leave OB1 and Maul, etc, out of my “collection” in the app as needed.

Time period as an option would be great! In a sense they have already fixed the "Time period" of the App mini campaign (Trying to evacuate Yavin IV after the destruction of the Death Star). It will be interesting, once the expansion ally/villain are fully integrated in the app, to see if Greedo or Maul will show up during the core mini-campaign (I would hope not).

33 minutes ago, VadersMarchKazoo said:

Yeah. I was thinking about this. I’m pretty sure this is why the app is not true AI...ultimately seeking to keep the game a board game.

On another note: As perpetual Imperial player (until the app) I sort of wish the new healing rules applied to all campaigns?

I suppose after playing a few missions with the app it might be possible to figure out how often and how medpacks are found. A house rule could then be made to use with the traditional campaigns

I believe we will not have the time period. I do not want to sound boring, but it has already been abandoned in the campaign.

I believe we will have open campaigns where we can find everything in their missions.

1 hour ago, Belvasques said:

I believe we will not have the time period. I do not want to sound boring, but it has already been abandoned in the campaign.

I believe we will have open campaigns where we can find everything in their missions.

Yeah, I think this is an area where the community seems pretty evenly split between those who care about time periods and those who don’t. That’s why I suggested a toggle button. But I think leaving time period-inappropriate expansions out of your collection should be a reasonable fix. But in the future there will be more campaigns with different time periods and you may be running more than one campaign at a time (ie two different gaming groups) so this isn’t a perfect solution

14 minutes ago, VadersMarchKazoo said:

Yeah, I think this is an area where the community seems pretty evenly split between those who care about time periods and those who don’t. That’s why I suggested a toggle button. But I think leaving time period-inappropriate expansions out of your collection should be a reasonable fix. But in the future there will be more campaigns with different time periods and you may be running more than one campaign at a time (ie two different gaming groups) so this isn’t a perfect solution

So I think the idea of an alternative button would be cool anyway. But today what is difficult is that after a certain time nothing more came out with a period of time.

But that would be cool to have that option, that would be.
47 minutes ago, Belvasques said:

So I think the idea of an alternative button would be cool anyway. But today what is difficult is that after a certain time nothing more came out with a period of time.

But that would be cool to have that option, that would be.

The beauty of an app is they can change things on the fly- like retrospectively adding time periods to previously release expansions

4 hours ago, VadersMarchKazoo said:

Same he brother. I always play as Imps in AI, although strangely enough am Rebels in everything else. Not really surprising considering IA is my game.

I never played the Decent with the app, but do you think IA app will ask you to log on the screen where the rebel players are on the map so it knows which imperial character to move/attack?

Wow, the buzz for this died out in a hurry.

Update: The Imperial Assault App is coming out soon!

29 minutes ago, The Cocky Rooster said:

Wow, the buzz for this died out in a hurry.

Update: The Imperial Assault App is coming out soon!

You mean: wow there's no new info at all so the discussion has covered all the angles of what we know so far?

I think a lot comes from the anxiety we are having in the app.

I'm really looking forward to the app myself, I'm really looking forward to it.

As long as we do not have more information about it, we have only to speculate and hope that it will exceed our expectations.

1 hour ago, Isnigu said:

You mean: wow there's no new info at all so the discussion has covered all the angles of what we know so far?

My point is we had threads going on for >1 year speculating and now that its release is around the corner *crickets* :)

Why speculate about FFG's apparent lack of progress with the App, when the progress is pretty visible and verifiable?

nevermind.

Alwaysmind. :D

Just posting to let The Cocky Rooster know I am still extremely excited for this but have no new information or speculation to add.

1 minute ago, Swusn said:

Just posting to let The Cocky Rooster know I am still extremely excited for this but have no new information or speculation to add.

hahahahahahahahah.

I am still stoked as well. Since it's announcement 18 mos ago, I generally check here for news then try to forget about it, otherwise the waiting would be agony for me.

It seems I'm the same now that it's officially coming...if I stayed tuned in, I'd go crazy! So I come back every few days to see what the buzz is, but try not to get too excited. Mostly because it could be out in a week or a few months. :P

The wait now, since it was revealed, is so much more painful. Ahh, that agony! Next week? Next month? Arghgh... (Loses all sanity)

App update posted on 11/20/2017.

Staring at my computer screen like O_O

11/27/2017 T_O

12/1/2017 T_T

Edited by King_Balrog
fluff and texture to my biscuit

Ha my evil plan worked! The conversation resumed. It had died on Thursday. :)

Just now, The Cocky Rooster said:

Ha my evil plan worked! The conversation resumed. It had died on Thursday. :)

You are evil!!!