Opportunities vs Earth stance

By Franwax, in Rules Questions

Opportunities vs Earth stance: which ones are fair game?

No crit, conditions or persistent effects from Attack and Scheme actions... what does that leave?

The now disappeared Charge could work to inflict damage since it was a move action, but never mind, let’s focus on attacks for now.

Is inflicting damage or Strife considered a persistent effect? e.g. pelting hail or spinning blades, and regular Fire opportunities.

Is forcing the target to switch stance or to select a specific one (open hand, battle of the mind) possible?

I figure the opportunity on heart piercing strike would work, as it’s a one-off TN increase.

Anything else?

Persistent Effects are defined p108.

Conditions are p170.

And Earth Stance protects against critical strikes obtained through opportunities. Not against crit from damage exceeding Resilience.

Yes, pretty clear for the opportunity-fueled criticals (this would include Veiled Menace Style, I suppose), and for the conditions... but I had doubts about the Persistent Effects, thanks. So this is not a "plain English" use of the term (cause otherwise, Fatigue and Strife are persistent enough).

I also wanted to have a feel about what this left available for use - i.e. how can you mess with an Earth stance tank :)