Difficulty on expansions.

By BoardRadio, in General Discussion

My group has like %60 win rate,i courrently own forsaken lore,Mountains of madness and strange remnants.I feel like FL pumps up the difficulty,SR makes it easier and MoM is quite balanced.

What about the other expansions? Carcosa and under the pyramids looks harsh with those impairement tokens and conditions.

I have around 400 games under my belt,

The game was most difficult with Base + Forsaken Lore. All other expansions make the game easier.

Here are some easy to implement solutions:

1. Starting Rumor option

2. Pick suboptimal Investigators (Mark Harrigan for example) / Avoid picking top tier Investigators (Ursula Downs for example)

3. Change the Investigator count / Play with Revised reference cards

4. Whenever you draw a Monster from the cup, draw 2 and choose the "worse" option.

8 hours ago, BoardRadio said:

I feel like FL pumps up the difficulty,SR makes it easier and MoM is quite balanced.

What about the other expansions?

Here you can find some pretty solid data on that matter.
Found in the "Eldritch Horror Statistics" pinned thread .

2 hours ago, Runko said:

I have around 400 games under my belt,

The game was most difficult with Base + Forsaken Lore. All other expansions make the game easier.

Here are some easy to implement solutions:

1. Starting Rumor option

2. Pick suboptimal Investigators (Mark Harrigan for example) / Avoid picking top tier Investigators (Ursula Downs for example)

3. Change the Investigator count / Play with Revised reference cards

4. Whenever you draw a Monster from the cup, draw 2 and choose the "worse" option.

Our house rule for investigators is that each player draws 3 random investigators and picks one of them.It gives you a chance to get a decent team and it force you to play with different investigators each game.

Yeah, we do that too, except with two.

One thing I've found is that especially with larger parties, the Antarctica board is almost game-breaking. The City of the Elder Things makes farming for Clues and Artefacts very easy and moving across the board is actually very fast (as in, one, maybe two turns to get anywhere on that board.)

15 hours ago, BoardRadio said:

My group has like a 60% win rate, I currently own forsaken lore, Mountains of Madness and Strange Remnants. I feel like FL pumps up the difficulty, SR makes it easier and MoM is quite balanced.

What about the other expansions? Carcosa and Under the Pyramids look harsh with those impairment tokens and conditions.

60% ??? - Wow. Congrats. -- I wish my group had at least a 10% win rate. :rolleyes:

Impairments are indeed a pain which is why I'd chime in with a lot of people saying that those two make the game harder (though not the ones who outright refuse to play with the mechanic).