Star Wars: Revan's War IC

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

"I did." Tiberius says, "Why do you ask?" He is curious, perhaps it was something that happened to everyone at the time he had thought the vision was something that had happened to him alone. "What were yours like?" Had they all been asked to kill someone?

The Chiss' red eyes turned their Gaze to the small human child who spoke before him, " You seem disturbed." Zoroku said as he read the heat signature on the Boy's face change to a more serious one, ' His Vision may have been a stressful one, or a personal one.' He then turned to see a Taung, Mandalorian, a member of a warrior culture from what he understood, 'Adversaries to the republic and Jedi, but not enemies... Adversaries can be made allies, as this Mandalorian here proves'. Zoroku spoke again, "Would you mind sharing your vision? Both of you? I ask to so that I may learn what these visions can contain and any patterns that may be in them."

Edited by Shlambate

"I saw my people, some of them at least. But their armor was identical, the only distinction color, different from the traditional mandalorian practice of unique armor, their markings matched no Clan or House I know of. They surrounded a man, a Republic soldier, if it had been real I would have said that he had been captured in a raid." Tiberius paused, "They wanted me to kill him, I refused. Repeatedly." He sighed, "They attacked me, I would have died had it not been a vision."

Gaze absently glances at his crystal, holding it up to the light while he speaks in a quiet voice. "I heard people close to me being killed, crying out for my help." He looks over at Tiberius. "Killed by Mandalorians."

Tiberius senses the undertone of Gaze's staement, "Raidng is the way of life for Mandalorians. No different than you raidng an animals nest for its eggs or babies, except Mandalorians should only kill those who try and kill them. The people who killed your family broke those rules and for that I am truly sorry, but hating the guts of every Mandalorian who seem to be becoming less Taung by the day won't help you. Your family is dead, accept that and move on."

2 minutes ago, SHADOWGUARD CHAMPION said:

Tiberius senses the undertone of Gaze's staement, "Raidng is the way of life for Mandalorians. No different than you raidng an animals nest for its eggs or babies, except Mandalorians should only kill those who try and kill them. The people who killed your family broke those rules and for that I am truly sorry, but hating the guts of every Mandalorian who seem to be becoming less Taung by the day won't help you. Your family is dead, accept that and move on."

Gaze blinks and tilts his head at these words. He actually laughs. "Wow, you are full of yourself aren't you? I could go into several ways that statement is incredibly wrong, factually and theoretically, seeing as you know nothing about me, my history, or the details of what happened down there, but I just really don't care to spend the energy on it. But.." he bows, very sarcastically. "...thank you for your self-righteous speech anyway." And with that, he turns and heads back to their ship.

Zoroku simply watched as this argument went on, he did not plan on stiring such discord amongst the Younglings but he would not pass up an opportunity to study the way heat helped to show the emotions of his companions. ' So that is what anger looks like on the face of a human, a rare sight at the Jedi Temple. but perhaps amongst the Younger Jedi I could better learn their species emotions.' Zoroku did not stop Gaze as he stormed off toward the ship, he didn't see that it was his place to do so. His red eyes turned back to the rest of the group waiting to see if someone else would speak up.

Edited by Shlambate

"...Do they have to raid with enough guns to level towns...?" Walden says, those words suddenly bringing up unpleasant memories. He had so far decided to not talk much about his past to Tiberius, but at this point, Walden couldn't help it.

"Did they have to burn my home down, killing my parents who were waiting for me? Did they have to kill my friends, who were just playing outside?" Walden's voice wasn't as pointed as Gaze, but they carried a sense of doubt and pain. The aftermath still hurt.

"If those were Mandalorians that broke the rules...where are the ones that don't?" Mandalorians were responsible. But Tiberius wasn't there when they shot the town up. Walden stayed silent for a moment.

"It's just..."

Walden remembers a time where he and his childhood friend had a fight. Walden can't remember why, but he remembers that they got into quite the shouting match.

And then their parents came. After figuring out, their parents wanted them to say sorry to each other, explaining why both sides were wrong. But no one wanted to budge. Until Walden himself said he was sorry for everything, making Izzy say she was sorry. And both of them made up eventually.

Walden doubted one sorry would make things all better again. But Tiberius did say he was sorry, and maybe that was the start.

"I'm sorry. I was blaming you for something that you weren't a part of."

And he waited for the answer.

"Do Jedi,as diplomats, have to wield the very lightsabers we are wielding now? Sadly we live in a galaxy where danger is everywhere. And the Mandalorians that do follow the rules mainly stick to Mandalore with only the occassional raid as a rite of passge as I know Clan Saxon has, but Clans like Viszla care nothing for the people who they raid, at leastt for the most part. Clans like Ordo, Rook, Kryze and Wren do not raid every where they go but only to survive." Tiberius pauses to take a breath, his look turns bitter, "But some Mandalorians use the resources of their Clan or House to terrorise. In my view a truly successful raid leaves the buildings and people of a place untouched. Taking only what is needed, but unfortunently, some of the New Mandalorians, the humans, and even some Taung have started to use raiding as an excuse to kill as likely happened with your family." He pauses as he sits down, "One almost hopes for war to break out, then at least they would be fighting soldiers not men who have lived a peaceful live providing for their family. Sorry if I seem to be rambling, but my people are complicated and I have been away for some time." He turns to Walden, "Unfortunentlly, in this galaxy, bad atracts more attention than good and it warps the perception of those who hear it." Tiberius extends his hand towards Walden, "I will accept tour apology, if you accept mine on behalf of my people for your loss." While Tiberius knows that no apology can replace a lost loved one, perhaps it would help Walden accept it and move on, enabling him to achieve true greatness, rather than wallow in sorrow and grief.

Edited by SHADOWGUARD CHAMPION
51 minutes ago, SHADOWGUARD CHAMPION said:

"Do Jedi,as diplomats, have to wield the very lightsabers we are wielding now? Sadly we live in a galaxy where danger is everywhere. And the Mandalorians that do follow the rules mainly stick to Mandalore with only the occassional raid as a rite of passge as I know Clan Saxon has, but Clans like Viszla care nothing for the people who they raid, at leastt for the most part. Clans like Ordo, Rook, Kryze and Wren do not raid every where they go but only to survive." Tiberius pauses to take a breath, his look turns bitter, "But some Mandalorians use the resources of their Clan or House to terrorise. In my view a truly successful raid leaves the buildings and people of a place untouched. Taking only what is needed, but unfortunently, some of the New Mandalorians, the humans, and even some Taung have started to use raiding as an excuse to kill as likely happened with your family." He pauses as he sits down, "One almost hopes for war to break out, then at least they would be fighting soldiers not men who have lived a peaceful live providing for their family. Sorry if I seem to be rambling, but my people are complicated and I hav been away for some time."

"No, no, it's fine." Walden takes a moment to try and process the words Tiberius said. "It's just...a lot. I think I need some time for this. I will head back to the ship, then. It's getting cold sitting down."

After Walden gets up, he shakes down whatever snow gathered on him before facing Tiberius again. "Thank you for telling me. Somehow, I feel like you're not one of the bad ones." he says.

Seeing that Tiberius had his hand extended out, Walden shook it. "I accept."

Walden heads towards the ship again partly to warm up, and partly to think about things on the way back.

Edited by satkaz

"I understand. Thank you for beliieving me." Tiberius said, "I believe the rest of us will be joini g you soon once the last of us return to this cave."

As Svae closes his hands around the tiny insect, he would feel a strange change. It was as if Perig's body had changed. Opening his hand, Perig would no longer be there. Instead, it was replaced by the small and angular shape of a blue crystal. Perig was nowhere to be seen, but it seemed that he had passed his trials. There was nothing to do but return to the others.

As Svae emerges back into the sunlight, Vrooks eyes would flick open, and he would slowly struggle to his feet. His scowl would return to his face as readily as most people smile. He would point a finger at the young Taung and those he had been arguing with. 'Enough of this' he'd growl at the group as he towers over them. 'This is not the time or place for this debate younglings'. He'd turn to address Walden. 'You will remain here, there is something that must be done before we return to the ship'.

He'd gesture vaguely with one hand to the initiates as he speaks. 'Line up, let's see those crystals you collected'.

" I am sorry as well, I did not mean to stir such Discord amongst you I was simply curious of the experiences here at the caves." He said to Walden and Tiberius, they were both surprised by how cold an apology could sound while still feeling like there was sincerity behind it.

' I wonder why the Mandalorian conflict was never mentioned to me... Curious. I need to bring this up to Master Xira, maybe she can enlighten what has been going on in this part of the Galaxy. ' Zoroku thought as he lined up with the rest of the younglings, he pulls his crystal from his coat pocket and shows it to the master just like everyone else.

Tiberius stood up, "Of course master Vrook." He extended his hand with the crystal in it, it was hard to believe that something so small could allow someone to cause so much death and destruction, though Tiberius would rather have had Beskar armor, this would allow him to create a weapon fit for a Taung.

Gaze refrains from rolling his eyes at Tiberius' comment about warping the perception of people. His family isn't even dead, it was simply a vision, but did he even bother to ask for details? No, he just jumped into a holier than thou speech without having any information on the subject, assuming that his people had actually killed them, an assumption that says a lot about the Mandalorians as a people. Gaze shrugs and disregards the incident entirely. He holds out his crystal to the Master for inspection.

Gunda joins the other in the line, wondering what the Jedi Master is referring to. What could they do here on this frigid world, now that they have the crystals? He is about to ask, but bitter experience has taught him to wait for a Master to make his point in his or her's own time rather than pressing the issue by asking. He doesn't need yet another lecture about patience.

"Oh, yes, Master Lamar. I'm sorry for rushing ahead."

Walden would line up with the rest of his compatriots, as instructed, holding the crystal out for Master Lamar to examine.

Muu would listen to Zoroku's question and the other padawan replies. He was not sure how to describe his near death experience. Not a vision ... Internally he would ask "Am I the only one who recklessly almost kill themselves? ". Muu didn't get very far in thought once Gaze spoke. He would listen very carefully to Walden, Tiberius, and Gaze's words. It seem to Muu the trials were further healing Walden and Tiberius through this conversation. Both were noticing depths within themselves, convictions, and a realization of the present. After all, as individuals and a collective, we just passed our 'Rite of Passage' with our present family.

Muu would look over his shoulder as Master Vrook spoke. He would be skeptical if the Master saw the healing which just took place. Muu would fall in line and hold his crystal out for the Master to review.

Edited by Vergence

"Perig? Ah! You were my crystal the whole time! Guess that means I technically had my crystal first, but that doesn't matter."

Svae stands slowly admiring his crystal. He then remembers that the waterfall freezes over eventually and runs as fast as he can back to the main chamber. Making it just in time.

"Sorry I'm late." Svae says. "As you wish Master." He says holding out his crystal.

Quell, one of the late-comers, hands his crystal over to Master Vrook, still rubbing the sore spot on his head.

Still feeling seriously out of place with all of these kids, the big Wookiee patiently lets all of the children all show their crystals, then waits a few more minutes, before finally handing his over for inspection.

" raaaaaahhgh huurh raaaaaahhgh huuguughghg uughghhhgh raaaaaahhgh huurh raaaaaahhgh huuguughghg aarrragghuuhw awwgggghhh uughghhhgh raaaaaahhgh uughguughhhghghghhhgh uughghhhgh uughghhhgh huuguughghg hnnnhrrhhh wuuh aarrragghuuhw uugggh uughguughhhghghghhhgh huurh aaaaahnr uuh"

Here is my crystal. I would like to do some more study before actually attempting to build a lightsaber. I feel my skills are not yet up to the task

Edited by Tramp Graphics

when master Voon comes to inspect his crystal, he hardly was able to speak. " master, i need to talk with you about my vision.

this will not be done during a second post. it will be done out of camera. but i will drop my morality to 40

Vrook would move down the line of Jedi, carefully examining each crystal in turn. He would look up at the Wookie as he voices his concerns about building his lightsaber, and would shake his head. 'The fact you are here here means that you are ready to build your lightsaber. Few feel that they are ready, but I can assure you, you will not be left to flounder'.

As Matt speaks to him his would make a rough grunting noise in response. 'Most of what you see within the caves are illusions, not visions. Still, if you are concerned we speak on the way back to the ship'.

He would move back to face the students stood in line. 'Today, you become more than initiates, you become Padawan. But there was more to your trials than finding your crystal. You have seen your weaknesses, and learnt to conquer them'. He would look from one youngling to the next, starting at Zoroku and ending with Matt. 'Empathy, mercy, restraint, peace, caution-' at this he'd stare pointedly at Walden and Muu before continuing. 'Control, humility, riotousness and bravery. It is not enough for a Jedi to protect the galaxy, you must protect yourselves from the darkside, and knowing your weaknesses will protect you'.

With that he would turn to head back towards the ship without another word. The snow would whip around ankles as he trudges towards the ship. The door to the craft was open, and framed in the entrance was a spindly looking figure, one the initiates had never seen before. This was Master Huyang, Jedi lightsaber master. He had trained thousands of Jedi to make lightsabers, and would train thousands more after this lot. He would gesture for them to join him as he turns to hobble back up the loading ramp. As the droid leads them into the depths of the ship, Huyang would twist his head to speak to them. 'The lighstaber is a Jedi's only true ally. But how do they work? Hmm? Yess, you have brought crystals, but they are useless unless you give them life'. He would lead them to an impressive workshop, the walls and pillars all covered in small draws and shelves, all filled to the brim with lightsaber parts. He would turn to face the jedi, arms crossed behind his back. 'Now then, shall we begin?'

Gaze listens to the words of their instructor and follows his instructions very carefully while constructing his hilt. He pulls up the schematic for reference, while Huyang instructs him on the proper order in which to combine the parts. Before finishing the casing around the crystal, he takes a little time with a laser engraving tool to engrave some symbols on the inside of the cylinder, around the housing of the crystal. "Thought I'd give you something to look at Shardy." He says under his breath. "Since you'll likely be in there for a while." Huyang gives Gaze -A Look- clearly wondering who the boy is talking to, but Gaze just simply smiles at him and clicks the components into place. He was even able to complete the more advanced assembly steps, allowing for further customization of the hilt. He sits there, not really thinking of anything that he wants to do to the hilt, as far as alterations. All of the suggested adjustments center around making it more lethal than before, which makes Gaze's stomach twitch with distaste. He shrugs, deciding to do nothing to it for now.

Gaze holds the hilt in front of him at eye level, facing the shaft towards the sky. He wraps both of his hands around the hilt firmly, and depresses the ignition switch. A crackling hiss of energy fills the room, and all of the immediate area is bathed in a soft blue light, as Gaze's lightsaber comes to life for the first time. The soft hum of the blade feels almost soothing, and he smiles from ear to ear. "Not a bad display Shardy" He says, eyes bright. "Not bad at all."

Edited by KungFuFerret

Zoroku first looks for any attachments that could be useful for Combat, finding a strange device, he brings it to Huyang for inspection, he explains that it is a Power-cell that would allow for the saber to strike with more power, however it has the tendency to sometimes overcharge the Blade.

Zoroku studies all the schematic styles of lightsaber provided, inspecting them all looking specifically at their strengths and weaknesses in combat. ' The best choice seems to be the Cross-guard style of Lightsaber as it provides a good defense and a strong offense, without making the weapon itself unwieldy or unnecessarily heavy.' He sits down and works away for a while preferring to figure out the specifics while he constructs his Lightsaber, however he does check with Huyang who points out a few errors to fix. When Huyang finally approves of Zoroku's construction he ignites the Blade 'Blue... I wonder if the color has a special meaning, I should ask Master Xira. Her Lightsaber is Green I wonder, it must be more than the composition of the Crystal.' He turns his lightsaber off and attaches it to his belt.