Rules Question

By Bassman66, in General Discussion

I'm playing Wendy Adams and I pick up the Crystallizer of Dreams artifact. The artifact allows me to trade and number of Conditions, Focus, Improvements and Impairments with another player. Can she take an impairment or condition from another player with the artifact and then use her ability to not take a condition or impairment to discard that condition or impairment that was traded?

3 hours ago, Bassman66 said:

I'm playing Wendy Adams and I pick up the Crystallizer of Dreams artifact. The artifact allows me to trade and number of Conditions, Focus, Improvements and Impairments with another player. Can she take an impairment or condition from another player with the artifact and then use her ability to not take a condition or impairment to discard that condition or impairment that was traded?

No. Such things only apply if you don't choose to take them. It's just like Mark Harrigan's Delayed.

9 hours ago, Matt620 said:
12 hours ago, Bassman66 said:

No. Such things only apply if you don't choose to take them. It's just like Mark Harrigan's Delayed.

"No." is the correct answer but the explanation is different.
Wendy's ability is truly one-of-a-kind and unlike Mark's ability. She can choose to gain a Condition/Impairment and then still not actually gain it. She can take advantage of any "gain bad thing to obtain a good thing" effects this way while Mark can't.
But when you trade anything it doesn't count as gaining that thing. That's why Wendy's ability isn't applicable here.
Both of these matters were previously clarified by Nikki Valens.

Edited by tsuma534