Full Investigator Spoilers for Masks (via Arkham Nights)

By KBlumhardt, in General Discussion

Just about to head to bed after the close of Arkham Nights 2017, but I thought I'd throw you guys some goodies from the upcoming expansion. Below are full spoilers for all the investigators and the two AOs. Of note, the new expansion adds a new action "Gain Resource" which can be done on any space to gain a resource token. That resource token can then either be spent during a Rest action to gain 1 additional health and 1 additional sanity or can be spent during an Acquire Assets action to give a free success. Sorry, I didn't really get a chance to look much at the campaign mode.

The new Ancient Ones are Nyarlathotep (12 doom) and Antediluvium (13 doom)

Investigators:

On to the fun stuff!

Daniela Reyes

Health 7, Sanity 5

L 3 I 3 O 1 S 3 W 3

Action: You may spend any number of Resources to gain an equal amount of Clues.

Passive: Once per round, after you perform an Acquire Assets action or a Rest action, you may gain 1 Resource.

Calvin Wright

Health 7, Sanity 7

L 3 I 3 O 3 S 3 W 1

Action: You may trade any amount of Health and/or Sanity with another investigator on any space. Then perform 1 additional action.

Passive: If you would impair a skill or discard an Improvement token, you may recover 1 Health and 1 Sanity instead.

Father Mateo

Health 5, Sanity 7

L 3 I 3 O 1 S 2 W 4

Action: Give 1 of your Boon Conditions to another investigator on any space

Passive: When you close a Gate during an Other World Encounter, if you do not have a Boon Condition, gain 1 Boon Condition

Agatha Crane

Health 5, Sanity 7

L 4 I 3 O 3 S 1 W 2

Action: You may perform 1 action on a Ritual or Tome possession you have and gain +2 Lore during that action.

Passive: Once per round, when you pass a Lore test as part of a Spell effect, gain 1 Clue.

Carson Sinclair

Health 6, Sanity 6

L 2 I 3 O 3 S 2 W 3

Action: Perform a Trade action. Then perform 1 additional action.

Passive: Whenever you or another investigator on your space performs a Prepare for Travel action, that investigator gains 1 additional travel ticket of his choice.

Preston Fairmont

Health 7, Sanity 5

L 2 I 5 O 2 S 3 W 1

Action: You and another investigator on your space may perform an Acquire Assets action and/or a Gather Resources action.

Passive: Once per round, when you gain an Asset from the reserve or deck, recover 1 Sanity.

Sefina Rousseau

Health 4, Sanity 8

L 3 I 2 O 4 S 1 W 3

Action: You may spend 1 Improvement token to gain 1 Clue, 1 Focus, and 1 Resource.

Passive: After resolving a test, if you rolled two or more successes, you may spend 1 Focus to improve that skill.

Edited by KBlumhardt
Fixed Daniela's Health rating

Antediluvium? That refers to a flood. Maybe it's like Syzygy in that it is an event rather than a person.

Have to say: I like that.

Give a Boon to someone on ANY space? Wow, that can be really useful. Agatha feels a little too much like Daisy for me, but not bad. Carson manipulating Travel is a good one, since we don't have much travel. And Preston, naturally, gets stuff really quickly. Sefina seems more like Lola or even like Joe, improving pretty quickly. She looks like she could become really powerful if you're lucky.

Thanks so much for the details. If you know anything else, let us know, please.

Antediluvium means "before the flood", usually meaning the Biblical flood. Usually, it just means "something unimaginably old".

Father Mateo and Daniella, and Sefina look great.

Calvin looks a little too strong? Guess it depends on his starting stuff. Maybe he starts with a Dark Pact. He's to 14 total health/sanity and can trade it which means he can steal health/sanity from other people as well, not just give it. And he can never be impaired. :o 1 will sucks, but 3 everything else is nice.

Can't wait to Sefina and Daniella. They look great. Daniella basically gets a free clue every time she rests. Her action can turn ANY number resources into equal clues, so you can just stockpile resources and when you need like 5 at a time, spend an action and *poof* you have 5 clues.

I'm wondering if Resource tokens are limited in number like Focus tokens (2 max).

And I'm thinking the Daniela Reyes' starting Asset would be an Automobile due to her occupation.

Edited by Coral Beach
4 hours ago, Eldan985 said:

Antediluvium means "before the flood", usually meaning the Biblical flood. Usually, it just means "something unimaginably old".

All of the Ancient Ones are old, though

7 hours ago, Matt620 said:

All of the Ancient Ones are old, though

Lovecraft used the word antediluvian quite a bit to describe something so old it was lost to human history. Usually ruins or structures.

Edited by Meretrix

Yeah. My worry about the Antediluvium is, really, that it does seem to be a very general term. From the card that was spoilered over on Board Game Geek, it uses Deep Ones, too, which are sort of the most overused monster in the mythos anyway. At first glance, it sounds very generic.

Maybe Sefina Rousseau's starting asset is an Improvement.

hey thanks for this K!

Does anyone else find it strange that Daniela, who you'd be taking your car to if it's busted as she's a mechanic, has an OBS of 1?

"Don't know what the trouble is, but I spent a couple hours on it so that will be $200."

12 minutes ago, Krysmo said:

"Don't know what the trouble is, but I spent a couple hours on it so that will be $200."

That actually sounds a lot like some of the mechanics I've met over the years. :lol:

14 hours ago, Eldan985 said:

Yeah. My worry about the Antediluvium is, really, that it does seem to be a very general term. From the card that was spoilered over on Board Game Geek, it uses Deep Ones, too, which are sort of the most overused monster in the mythos anyway. At first glance, it sounds very generic.

It sounds more like Syzygy to me. I agree Deep Ones are overused, but when I think of floods, why not Deep Ones?

5 hours ago, Krysmo said:

hey thanks for this K!

Does anyone else find it strange that Daniela, who you'd be taking your car to if it's busted as she's a mechanic, has an OBS of 1?

I thought this too, and now I really want to know what her backstory is to leaver he with a lore of 3 but only and obs of 1.

Is she, like, Agnes's long-lost twin sister? :B Casting Hyperborean magics on your car, giving it a few pats, and off you go... at a hefty fee of course...

btw interesting they went for 7 investigators, weird number. I know they're bringing in essentially all the new ones from other games (plus resurrecting Calvin Wright), then giving 1 new investigator in Daniela - but why not 2?

I could easily see an Anthropologist or some similar 'soft-scientist' investigator with this scenario in particular (in fact I played one in the CoC module!)

The eigth investigator was Nyarlathotep all along.

9 hours ago, Eldan985 said:

The eigth investigator was Nyarlathotep all along.

If the "Campaign" mode was all Nyarlathotep, I would SO get behind this.

On 10/16/2017 at 4:50 PM, Matt620 said:

It sounds more like Syzygy to me. I agree Deep Ones are overused, but when I think of floods, why not Deep Ones?

Agreed. Although this makes me think we're less likely to get a Dagon ancient one any time soon. At least we'll get to use the word "squamous" a lot!