Questions on advancement in the app

By 10355ts, in Road to Legend

Trying to help my play group plan out their advancement in the Road to Legend app; we've done the tutorial mini campaign but not the major campaings. A few questions that came up:

1) In the tutorial mini-campaign, they lost the second side-quest, and seemed to have to go straight to the final adventure, with no chance to spend money in town. Was that because we lost, or do you just not get to spend that cash? Would it have been better to have everyone select "wait one week and train" or whatever after the first side quest and gotten a bonus experience point? Would that have been a bonus experience point for everyone or just for one player?

2) I found this post ( https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/226461-kindred-fire-how-many-xp-points-spoiler/ ) detailing the max XP in Kindred Fire, but What is the "maximum" experience point total you can get in Seeds of Corruption? I can't find it stated anywhere, not even via google. Does that change if you take the "wait a week" option and miss some sidequests?

3) In Kindred Fire & Seeds of Corruption, can you delay sidequests until later after you've progressed the main quest a bit and gotten experience, or are they gone if not taken first? How does that work?

thanks!

1) If you have no time left, IE had only one week and still attempted the side quest, you will end up doing the main quest no matter what. You got to check the counter !

2) Wait a week is not counted. Side quests never give XP, only gold and fame. From memory, Seeds of Corruption is identical to Kindred Fire as far as XP goes.

3) No. After a certain time, side quests just refresh, and you get new ones.

1) Yeah I wasn't actually playing that session, so I don't know how it unfolded -- just that at the end of the quest, they lost, they still had gold, but didn't seem to have a chance to spend it.

2) Theoretically then could you "wait a week" through all the sidequests and just stack up XP instead of gold / items? Or does it not work like that / what am I missing?

3) Ok, it was the "you get new ones" I was wondering. Basically I'd rather we do side quests late in the campaign when we have our ability trees fleshed out rather than early on when we're still struggling, and was wondering if that was an option.

Thanks!

Edited by 10355ts

Ahhh, I found answers in the 1.8 version of the community rules reference guide, pg. 81. There are seven total experience points in Kindred Fire, six in Seeds of Corruption. At least, from the quests, not counting any bonuses (i.e., waiting a week to train, events, etc.).

Edited by 10355ts

I don't recall bit I believe that in Seeds of Corruption there are 2 towns which have different 'wait a week' abilities, but neither of them grant XP like Kindred Fire did.

After faffing around a bit running "test" quests in the app, it looks like in Kindred Fire at least you can do two "wait a week and train" city actions after the first quest, skipping side quests, and gain two extra XP right at the start (at the cost of 50 gold per hero per week). Then you have to do the second plot quest, but after that, you have three weeks before the next plot quest, so it doesn't look like you miss the opportunity for side quests if you go this route.

edit: In Seeds of Corruption,

there is a "City Action" Option in Nerekhall (seek instruction -> 50 gold) that gives each hero one additional experience point.

Edited by 10355ts