Looking for Rey D6 Stats or Force Awakens Sourcebook

By splad, in Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game 30th Anniversary Edition

5 hours ago, Harlock999 said:

Time to nerd out...

As a huge DD fan, I can tell you the radioactive materials (that bounced into the sewers, creating four new teenage mutant heroes) actually just unlocked Matt Murdock's enhanced senses. While, yes, also blinding him.

Stick, who's also blind, finds Matt and lets him know he basically got a free ride; the ninja masters of the Chaste and the Hand spend decades tapping into mystic chi-like energies that will eventually grant them access to these enhanced senses, including Daredevil's iconic 360-degree radar. (Yeah, that same iconic radar sense that is missing from the Netflix series. Sigh.) Stick and his ninja fighters Stone, Shaft, Star, Flame, and Claw do indeed possess the same "superhero abilities" as Daredevil.

It's Stick's mission to recruit Matt into the Chaste. However, newly-"mutated" Matt is too impulsive, reckless, and driven to avenge his father's death. So Stick trains him the best he can, keeps an eye on him, and decides to revisit the recruitment angle years later when Elektra becomes a concern.

Anyway, most all of this comes straight from Frank Miller's PHENOMENAL first run on DD, which is highly recommended.

Morningwood is absolutely right, however, about the blind master who has amazing fighting skills being a common trope ... a la Zatoichi.

My sense of Chirrut was that he'd managed to tap into the Force for guidance, but was not a true Force Sensitive.

I see you have conceded the point albeit reluctantly:)

1 hour ago, splad said:

You tried and failed in a number of ways to either rebuttal through example or just outright 'here it is' rather than explain what i asked and you have failed on all points. Im not the only one he is a force sensitive. Everyone i have asked in person who has seen the movie agrees with me. While the mythos of the blind master works for the east as a superhero it does not work in the start wars mythos as it would say for example now have made Chi a new power. It's a level of BS that doesn't work at the table of gaming either. Each universe either supports it in some fashion or doesn't at all. When it does their is reasoning in the mechanics to say here's why such a thing can happen here. For a relatively grounded universe barring the force, star wars is explainable in it's own way. Hey they jump across the galaxy how can they do that, well son they used space faring ships that can cross vast tracts of interstellar space with a faster than light drive. It is explained in their own narrative. The blind warrior monks abilities are explained through the force otherwise you are lending the galaxy new powers.

That's nice.

10 hours ago, splad said:

I don't buy the use of that cliche. It works in the martial art movies because they lend a supernatural abilities to them. For the east that is their superheroes. For the star wars universe it screams force user because my friend he is. A tiny caption paragraph does not explain away his defiantly superhuman prowess. It does not work and the exposition of his background is way too lacking

“A tiny caption” doesn’t need to explain it. But, if you insist on an explanation, you’re in luck. The Rogue One Visual Guide - also produced by, y’know, the people who get to decide whether or not he’s Force Sensitive - calls out some of his gear as a sort of sonar. (Don’t have the book with me here at work, so the exact terminology isn’t available to me.)

Meanwhile, you’re not calling for detailed explanations for why certain non-FS characters are good shots, exceptional pilots, or other tropes. Only this one.

LFL has stated specifically that Chirrut isn’t a Force user. LFL has specifically cited gear that can assist his filling the “Blind Master” role. But you still “don’t buy it.”

Fine. You win. But you’re still wrong. He’s not a Force user. He’s the offspring of an extra dimensional Elder God and a Yuzzhan Vong, with his prowess and apparent extra-sensory perception just a natural biological effect of that combination. (Being half Vong, he can’t have a connection to the Force after all.) LFL’s concrete statements on the matter are just a smokescreen to keep us in the dark until Snoke is revealed to be Chirrut.

9 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

“A tiny caption” doesn’t need to explain it. But, if you insist on an explanation, you’re in luck. The Rogue One Visual Guide - also produced by, y’know, the people who get to decide whether or not he’s Force Sensitive - calls out some of his gear as a sort of sonar. (Don’t have the book with me here at work, so the exact terminology isn’t available to me.)

I will look it up.

Meanwhile, you’re not calling for detailed explanations for why certain non-FS characters are good shots, exceptional pilots, or other tropes. Only this one.

Wtf would i do that. What they do is perfectly acceptable within the confines of the genre. Poe is an exception pilot among the best in the galaxy but if he flew his ship without touching the controls i would question it.

LFL has stated specifically that Chirrut isn’t a Force user. LFL has specifically cited gear that can assist his filling the “Blind Master” role. But you still “don’t buy it.”

Fine. You win. But you’re still wrong. He’s not a Force user. He’s the offspring of an extra dimensional Elder God and a Yuzzhan Vong, with his prowess and apparent extra-sensory perception just a natural biological effect of that combination. (Being half Vong, he can’t have a connection to the Force after all.) LFL’s concrete statements on the matter are just a smokescreen to keep us in the dark until Snoke is revealed to be Chirrut.

LOL did i trigger you or something. When you have had time in your safe space come back to the table.

10 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

Chirrut may not be a trained Force User, who can actively use Force Powers. However, that does not necessarily mean he isn't Force Sensitive . Thus, he may not be able to actively use the Force, but could still sense it.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Chirrut may not be a trained Force User, who can actively use Force Powers. However, that does not necessarily mean he isn't Force Sensitive . Thus, he may not be able to actively use the Force, but could still sense it.

That is along the lines of what I was thinking. That he passively sees through the force and is even guided by it but cannot manipulate it. That to me makes most sense.

Edited by splad
1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

This and this is what people would believe in 10 years

Edited by vilainn6
4 hours ago, splad said:

Wtf would i do that. What they do is perfectly acceptable within the confines of the genre. Poe is an exception pilot among the best in the galaxy but if he flew his ship without touching the controls i would question it.

The "Blind Master" is also perfectly acceptable within the confines of the genre. You're questioning it, while not questioning preternatural marksmanship or piloting skills. So, the question isn't why would you question it...it's why wouldn't you.

4 hours ago, splad said:

LOL did i trigger you or something. When you have had time in your safe space come back to the table.

No "triggering," and no need for a "safe space." As I said, your iron-willed insistence that direct statements from those who make determinations about the characters was incorrect showed me the error of my ways. But, I also felt compelled to point out the flaws in your theory just as you pointed out the flaws in direct statements from LFL.

And, you realize that we've actually seen one of Chirrut's parents on screen, right? Tentacles, telepathy, a propensity for sparking madness in its targets...that's right, Bor Gullet is the name adopted by Cthulhu upon entering the Star Wars universe, and is Chirrut's father.

7 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

The "Blind Master" is also perfectly acceptable within the confines of the genre. You're questioning it, while not questioning preternatural marksmanship or piloting skills. So, the question isn't why would you question it...it's why wouldn't you.

If you actually read what i wrote then you would have your answer. I'm not repeating myself for your indulgence.

No "triggering," and no need for a "safe space." As I said, your iron-willed insistence that direct statements from those who make determinations about the characters was incorrect showed me the error of my ways. But, I also felt compelled to point out the flaws in your theory just as you pointed out the flaws in direct statements from LFL.

Lol could have fooled me, you seemed to have the bleating right do you have the woolly hide to match. It's my right to question it and it so happens many agree with me.

And, you realize that we've actually seen one of Chirrut's parents on screen, right? Tentacles, telepathy, a propensity for sparking madness in its targets...that's right, Bor Gullet is the name adopted by Cthulhu upon entering the Star Wars universe, and is Chirrut's father.

Lolol this one fell flat last time. My friend once said such people are 'Charmless Unending Narcissistic Taunters' /wink

it so happens many agree with me.

Yeah, but not the people who actually count. You know, the people at Disney who wrote the scripts.

17 minutes ago, Desslok said:

Yeah, but not the people who actually count. You know, the people at Disney who wrote the scripts.

Simply seeking a better explanation. Challenging Canon for that is not tantamount excuse for being crucified lol

3 hours ago, splad said:

If you actually read what i wrote then you would have your answer. I'm not repeating myself for your indulgence.

Oh, I did read it. The answer just doesn’t make any sense. You’re perfectly fine with time-tested character types existing in the series...except one. You accept the others without question...except one. You demand no explanation of them...except one.

3 hours ago, splad said:

Lol could have fooled me, you seemed to have the bleating right do you have the woolly hide to match. It's my right to question it and it so happens many agree with me.

I see...so, using sarcasm in response to repeated obstinate insistence that the official status from those who make such decisions about the characters is wrong, and that a perfectly clear, definitive statement isn’t definitive enough is “being triggered” and “needing a safe space.” Taking a different approach when several of us have tried reasonably pointing out where LFL has provided direct information on the subject didn’t work is “bleating.”

Meanwhile, I guess that makes a constant refrain of, “I don’t care what LFL says. They’re wrong,”...what, exactly?

3 hours ago, splad said:

Lolol this one fell flat last time.

Sorry you feel that way. It’s no more ridiculous than insisting the character’s official status is wrong. Plus, it has the benefit of working with that official status, and expanding upon an otherwise throwaway element of the movie that really serves no purpose, unless, of course, Cthulhu...sorry...”Bor Gullet” was on Jedha keeping an eye on his kid...watching...waiting for the perfect moment to take the galaxy from the amateur Palpatine and plunge it into madness.

3 hours ago, splad said:

My friend once said such people are 'Charmless Unending Narcissistic Taunters' /wink

If you want to let your friend talk about you like that, it’s none o’ my business.

1 hour ago, Nytwyng said:

Oh, I did read it. The answer just doesn’t make any sense. You’re perfectly fine with time-tested character types existing in the series...except one. You accept the others without question...except one. You demand no explanation of them...except one.

Doesn't have to make sense to you. You threw in your two cents k. I question what i want to question sunshine as you do in turn. If it doesn't fall within you paradigm of sense oh well.

I see...so, using sarcasm in response to repeated obstinate insistence that the official status from those who make such decisions about the characters is wrong, and that a perfectly clear, definitive statement isn’t definitive enough is “being triggered” and “needing a safe space.” Taking a different approach when several of us have tried reasonably pointing out where LFL has provided direct information on the subject didn’t work is “bleating.”

You went to sarcasm as your foil so did i, its my prerogative to find what agrees with me and what doesn't as you do. If i disagree with LFL again so what.

Meanwhile, I guess that makes a constant refrain of, “I don’t care what LFL says. They’re wrong,”...what, exactly?

Sorry you feel that way. It’s no more ridiculous than insisting the character’s official status is wrong. Plus, it has the benefit of working with that official status, and expanding upon an otherwise throwaway element of the movie that really serves no purpose, unless, of course, Cthulhu...sorry...”Bor Gullet” was on Jedha keeping an eye on his kid...watching...waiting for the perfect moment to take the galaxy from the amateur Palpatine and plunge it into madness.

You already offered only one useful thing which was the the visual dictionary, you spent the rest of the time tossing out bloated punchlines as imaginative as a fart.

If you want to let your friend talk about you like that, it’s none o’ my business.

My friend once said such people are 'Charmless Unending Narcissistic Taunters' /wink. I stand by that view of people like you and the acronym suits you well. Move along son.

2 hours ago, Desslok said:

Searching for something more definitive is not worthy of crucifixion. So the people who did agree with me on this forum doesn't matter either, that's nice of you. If you guarded all inquiry to knowledge fiction or otherwise i would be concerned for the world.

8 minutes ago, splad said:

Searching for something more definitive is not worthy of crucifixion.

No, it is not. But that's not what you are doing. You're digging in your heels and stubbornly insisting that your headcanon is universal for all.

10 minutes ago, splad said:

So the people who did agree with me on this forum doesn't matter either

What you do at your table matters not to me. Go ahead and do as you wish.

11 minutes ago, splad said:

If you guarded all inquiry to knowledge fiction or otherwise or otherwise i would be concerned for the world.

What the actual **** does that mean? What the **** are you going on about?

17 minutes ago, splad said:

Doesn't have to make sense to you. You threw in your two cents k. I question what i want to question sunshine as you do in turn. If it doesn't fall within you paradigm of sense oh well.

Nah, it’s not that it doesn’t make sense to me...it just doesn’t make sense, period.

You can accept time-tested character archetypes that exhibit preternatural prowess...all but one. Which leads you to a conclusion that is refuted by the sources who actually get to decide such things. Then declare that their clear statement on the matter should be “more definitive.”

23 minutes ago, splad said:

You went to sarcasm as your foil so did i, its my prerogative to find what agrees with me and what doesn't as you do. If i disagree with LFL again so what.

More specifically, I went to sarcasm after reason failed.

As has been noted, if you choose, at your table, to say that Chirrut is a Force user, a non-force user, a robot in disguise, or a flying purple people eater, that’s your call. However, your insistence that those charged with establishing what is and isn’t part of a character’s makeup are incorrect isn’t your call to make.

27 minutes ago, splad said:

You already offered only one useful thing which was the the visual dictionary, you spent the rest of the time tossing out bloated punchlines as imaginative as a fart.

My apologies again. We can’t all display the boundless imagination that you do here.

30 minutes ago, splad said:

My friend once said such people are 'Charmless Unending Narcissistic Taunters' /wink. I stand by that view of people like you and the acronym suits you well. Move along son.

So, you not only let your friend talk about you that way, you feel the need to insult others, as well.

Thanks for the advice, but I’ll post on what topics I choose to, “son.”

No, it is not. But that's not what you are doing. You're digging in your heels and stubbornly insisting that your headcanon is universal for all.

I am not insisting anything of the sort, people are free to side with which truths suit them. While i acknowledge what LFL said i wanted to see if their was more under the surface and it 'seemed' to me that their was. I was just examining that and what peoples reaction to characters abilities and see what they thought. Rather than staunchly reciting a brief passage to explain everything.

What you do at your table matters not to me. Go ahead and do as you wish.

Yup as we all do. You seem to be a reasonable person and i took this as a light hearted inquiry but some, not your good self, took it as a challenge to try throw the book at me. Which i give as good as i get but i like to try to stay on topic even with a fantasy topic as this. TY:)

5 minutes ago, splad said:

I am not insisting anything of the sort,

On 9/25/2017 at 7:35 PM, splad said:

For the star wars universe it screams force user because my friend he is.

Yeah, you kind of did.

2 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

Nah, it’s not that it doesn’t make sense to me...it just doesn’t make sense, period.

That's fine obviously where on a different page, move along then.

You can accept time-tested character archetypes that exhibit preternatural prowess...all but one. Which leads you to a conclusion that is refuted by the sources who actually get to decide such things. Then declare that their clear statement on the matter should be “more definitive.”

The difference the inquiry was that it was in the realms of supernatural rather than preternatural. And this isn't Oliver twist where you can berate someone for asking for more.

More specifically, I went to sarcasm after reason failed.

You jumped to sarcasm because your reason failed.

As has been noted, if you choose, at your table, to say that Chirrut is a Force user, a non-force user, a robot in disguise, or a flying purple people eater, that’s your call. However, your insistence that those charged with establishing what is and isn’t part of a character’s makeup are incorrect isn’t your call to make.

I never made any such conclusion, it was a simple inquiry you changed into a combative situation. You lack of grace made it such rather than discussing it.

My apologies again. We can’t all display the boundless imagination that you do here.

So, you not only let your friend talk about you that way, you feel the need to insult others, as well.

Thanks for the advice, but I’ll post on what topics I choose to, “son.”

You must be a joy in person to spout such dictatorial lessons at people. You are free to comment on any passage. But likewise i feel free to put my size 11 where it will do the most good to.

If you genuinely see being presented with factual (well, as “factual” as one can get when dealing with fictional characters) information is “throwing the book at you” and worthy of insulting others with veiled profanity, I dare suggest that some fine-tuning of your perceptions might be in order.

Hail Chthulhu “Bor Gullet” Imwe. “/wink”

2 minutes ago, Desslok said:

Yeah, you kind of did.

Fair enough but i have seen some things recently that lent other explanations to his abilities. But fair cop:)

2 minutes ago, splad said:

That's fine obviously where on a different page, move along then.

That’s twice you’ve told me to “move along.” And yet just a few sentences down the line, claim that I’m the one “spouting dictatorial lessons.” Astounding.

6 minutes ago, splad said:

The difference the inquiry was that it was in the realms of supernatural rather than preternatural. And this isn't Oliver twist where you can berate someone for asking for more.

Meanwhile, not every use of the “Blind Master” involves the supernatural. So, why should this one demand that it be involved.

You were, in fact, provided with all of the information needed to determine whether or not this character - in terms of the “official” stance - is a Force user, yet proceeded to demand more.

9 minutes ago, splad said:

You jumped to sarcasm because your reason failed.

I never made any such conclusion, it was a simple inquiry you changed into a combative situation. You lack of grace made it such rather than discussing it.

Correct...reason and fact failed to penetrate your insistence that a clear-cut statement from the character’s stewards could not possibly be accurate. In such a circumstance, grace must sometimes go out the window.

12 minutes ago, splad said:

You must be a joy in person to spout such dictatorial lessons at people. You are free to comment on any passage. But likewise i feel free to put my size 11 where it will do the most good to.

This from the person telling others to move along, then going from insulting others to now a threat. I said it before and I’ll say it again: Astounding.

7 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

That’s twice you’ve told me to “move along.” And yet just a few sentences down the line, claim that I’m the one “spouting dictatorial lessons.” Astounding.

Meanwhile, not every use of the “Blind Master” involves the supernatural. So, why should this one demand that it be involved.

You were, in fact, provided with all of the information needed to determine whether or not this character - in terms of the “official” stance - is a Force user, yet proceeded to demand more.

Correct...reason and fact failed to penetrate your insistence that a clear-cut statement from the character’s stewards could not possibly be accurate. In such a circumstance, grace must sometimes go out the window.

This from the person telling others to move along, then going from insulting others to now a threat. I said it before and I’ll say it again: Astounding.

I don't think we'll be exchanging gifts this year maybe next. Lol

4 minutes ago, splad said:

I don't think we'll be exchanging gifts this year maybe next. Lol

True. Sad but true. A shame, really, as I already had yours picked out. An action figure of Chirrut’s dad:

iitk_cthulhu_and_professor_fig.jpg

But, I don’t tend to give gifts to those who insult and threaten me, particularly over a matter such as this.

1 minute ago, Nytwyng said:

True. Sad but true. A shame, really, as I already had yours picked out. An action figure of Chirrut’s dad:

iitk_cthulhu_and_professor_fig.jpg

But, I don’t tend to give gifts to those who insult and threaten me, particularly over a matter such as this.

Maybe you should have chosen your words with a grace fitting a discussion between gentlemen rather than inciting through sarcasm. But that's just my two cents. If I were to threaten you, you would know without a doubt I can't help others durability. Nice figure shame lol