Looking for Rey D6 Stats or Force Awakens Sourcebook

By splad, in Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game 30th Anniversary Edition

Looked all around for some stats on the FA characters and vehicles but coming up empty. Anyone seen any fan made ones?

1 hour ago, blittlepage said:

https://www.erictrautmann.us/2017/02/08/i-am-one-with-the-force-the-force-is-with-me/

I just ran across this on r/StarWarsD6.

It is short but very well done.

I like it allot but Chirwut is defiantly a force users. I would have treated him as a sense force user like the Miraluka and see through the force. I would have put his sense at close to 7d

He's not a Force user, and that comes direct from Lucasfilm.

22 minutes ago, Gallandro said:

He's not a Force user, and that comes direct from Lucasfilm.

Then his abilities doesn't make sense. To be able to fight like that sightless. Nah for me he maybe no Jedi but he has the force.

I found this succinct examination of Chirrut. It seems to me to underline that he maybe no Jedi but he is a force user

He's not outright stated to be Force sensitive, but he sure does things that can lead no other conclusion. Quacks, walks, and swims like a duck Force Sensitive.

All quotes below are from Alexander Freed's official novelization:

Aside from his fighting abilities (See Terriblefan's awesome answer) he:

Sensed that Jyn wore a Kyber crystal necklace (while it was hiddent beneath her clothing)

“Would you trade that necklace for a glimpse into your future?” The voice of the pilgrim. Jyn frowned and took another step forward, trying to locate the source.
“Your necklace?” the man repeated.
Jyn felt the crystal against her skin. Her necklace was still hidden, buried under layers of cloth.
And the man was blind.
“I am Chirrut Îmwe,” the man said.
“How did you know I was wearing a necklace?” Jyn asked, and felt like a fool, like a mark, even as she spoke.
It was the reply of a con artist. Jyn shook her attention from Chirrut to search for his partner (he must have had a partner, one who had spotted her necklace somehow) and immediately found her quarry: a hulk of a man with hair as wild as Chirrut’s was neat, in a filthy civilian flight suit and battered red plastoid armor half concealed under a wearable tarp. On “How did you know I was wearing a necklace?” Jyn asked the second man, who shook his head slowly and snorted. ... (Chapter 4)

Not only that, but he knew it was a Kyber crystal shard!!!

“What do you know of kyber crystals?” Chirrut asked. His tone was patient, prompting.

Called Cassian "Captain" when he had no way of knowing his rank

“There is more than one sort of prison, Captain,” Chirrut said. “I sense that you carry yours wherever you go.”
Cassian frowned and turned back to the lock and the cavern. It was some minutes later that he realized no one had told Chirrut he was a captain. (Chapter 5)

Spotted someone (ended up Bodhi) in the next cell. Blind. NEITHER Cassian nor Baze noticed anyone was there.

“Who’s the one in the next cell?” Cassian tore his eyes from the guards and glanced over to Chirrut. It was the first time the blind man had spoken for nearly an hour. ... Baze grunted and shuffled to his feet. “What? Where?” He crossed the alcove, lightly shouldering Cassian aside to make room at the door. He peered into the darkness of the cell across the way; all Cassian could see was shadows, but Baze pulled back abruptly, snarling. “An Imperial pilot.”
(Chapter 6)

Realized that earth shaking while in the cell wasn't Proton Bombs but something worse (Death Star blast)

“Proton bombs,” Baze said, turning his eyes to the ceiling.
Chirrut shook his head. “No.” But he ventured no alternatives. (Chapter 8)

Claims to be able to sense when someone has dark intent

She should have been irritated by the curt explanation. Instead she could muster only vague confusion. “Why do you ask that?” she said, looking to Chirrut now. “What do you mean, Does he look like a killer?”
“The Force moves darkly near a creature that’s about to kill,” Chirrut answered. (Chapter 10)

Claims to sense anger in Baze (though that could just be knowing his close friend)

Baze readied himself to pull the trigger on his cannon. To burn the platform with more blaster bolts than there were drops of rain on Eadu. “I sense anger in you,” Chirrut said.

Baze himself, internally in his head, claims that the Force helps Chirrut

They hunted in sync, Chirrut always prowling near the rebels and Baze always prowling near Chirrut. Baze did not limit his targets to those who might spot the blind man, but he kept Chirrut under observation nonetheless; where the Force would fail Chirrut, Baze would not.

He himself doesn't outright deny it, and claims the Force protects him, whatever that means:

Cassian, evidently, had other things on his mind. He watched Chirrut’s partner. “Is he Jedi?” he asked, with the hushed doubt of a man on the verge of a great discovery.
“No Jedi anymore,” Chirrut’s partner said. “Only dreamers like this fool.” Chirrut shrugged mildly. “The Force did protect me.”

1 hour ago, splad said:

Then his abilities doesn't make sense. To be able to fight like that sightless. Nah for me he maybe no Jedi but he has the force.

It's a pretty common trope in fiction to have a blind man display incredible fighting skills without any mystical abilities.

Case in point, Zatoichi . You've also got Stick from Netflix's version of Daredevil, who lacks the titular protagonist's enhanced senses and yet is an incredibly dangerous fighter in spite of his being blind.

See also Blind Weaponmaster for other examples that don't have any special supernatural abilities.

So no, Chirrut doesn't need to be even remotely Force-sensitive to be able to accomplish what he does in a fictional work.

25 minutes ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

It's a pretty common trope in fiction to have a blind man display incredible fighting skills without any mystical abilities.

Case in point, Zatoichi . You've also got Stick from Netflix's version of Daredevil, who lacks the titular protagonist's enhanced senses and yet is an incredibly dangerous fighter in spite of his being blind.

See also Blind Weaponmaster for other examples that don't have any special supernatural abilities.

So no, Chirrut doesn't need to be even remotely Force-sensitive to be able to accomplish what he does in a fictional work.

Daredevil has a radar sense he gained after being doused in chemicals gaining superhuman senses. Chirrut abilities similar to DD stems from the force. I don't buy the blind master nonsense when framed in the star wars universe and not have it attributed to the force.

I am one with the Force,

The Force is with me,

I am one with the Force,

The Force is with me.....

Perhaps he's not a Force User but is instead used by the Force . Food for thought.

19 hours ago, splad said:

Daredevil has a radar sense he gained after being doused in chemicals gaining superhuman senses. Chirrut abilities similar to DD stems from the force. I don't buy the blind master nonsense when framed in the star wars universe and not have it attributed to the force.

Except that the folks who are in charge of the setting (i.e. Lucasfilm) have outright said that Chirrut isn't using the Force, as Gallandro noted.

Yes, what he does is exceptional, but this is the same series where a smuggler in a beat-up junker of a freighter is able to safely navigate an asteroid field that skilled military pilots in much smaller cutting-edge fighters couldn't do, and said smuggler isn't even remotely Force-sensitive. Or we see Poe in TFA become an "instant ace" (five or more confirmed enemy kills) in a matter of seconds even before the big battle sequence, and there's no indication that Poe is a secret Jedi or has the ability to use the Force, just that he is that **** good. Same with Wedge Antilles in Legends, who was confirmed as not being Force-sensitive at all but is a far better fighter pilot that Luke by the time of the New Republic.

Sorry if it breaks your delusion that only people who are Force uses can do cool stuff in this setting, but the fact is Chirrut has no direct connection to or ability to utilize the Force. The Will of the Force might be using him as an instrument to accomplish its goals (presuming you can ascribe actual intelligence and awareness to the Force), but it's not anything that happens on his part.

And for his last scene, navigating through a barrage of blaster fire to the panel without getting shot, I suggest you look up the real life account of Wyatt Earp doing that exact same feat as witnessed by both allies and enemies, with the shooters at even closer range, and Wyatt certainly wasn't Force-sensitive.

If anything, writing off Chirrut's abilities as "oh, he's actually just using the Force, so it's no big deal" ultimately cheapens the impressiveness of his feats.

53 minutes ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

Except that the folks who are in charge of the setting (i.e. Lucasfilm) have outright said that Chirrut isn't using the Force, as Gallandro noted.

That maybe so but i still disagree that a blind person can do all that Imwe does without even sensing ala DD through the force

1 hour ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

Yes, what he does is exceptional, but this is the same series where a smuggler in a beat-up junker of a freighter is able to safely navigate an asteroid field that skilled military pilots in much smaller cutting-edge fighters couldn't do, and said smuggler isn't even remotely Force-sensitive. Or we see Poe in TFA become an "instant ace" (five or more confirmed enemy kills) in a matter of seconds even before the big battle sequence, and there's no indication that Poe is a secret Jedi or has the ability to use the Force, just that he is that **** good. Same with Wedge Antilles in Legends, who was confirmed as not being Force-sensitive at all but is a far better fighter pilot that Luke by the time of the New Republic.

Who even is quoting that people in full capability of their senses cannot do extraordinary things or be more skillful than Jedi...nooo nope don't see that i said that. So don't try to feed me my own opinion.

Sorry if it breaks your delusion that only people who are Force uses can do cool stuff in this setting, but the fact is Chirrut has no direct connection to or ability to utilize the Force. The Will of the Force might be using him as an instrument to accomplish its goals (presuming you can ascribe actual intelligence and awareness to the Force), but it's not anything that happens on his part.

The latter as Ghost Mouse already said is something i'm inclined to agree with a passive use of the force like DD and his radar. As for delusions, i think you are riding that pony to concede a point and think you don't.

And for his last scene, navigating through a barrage of blaster fire to the panel without getting shot, I suggest you look up the real life account of Wyatt Earp doing that exact same feat as witnessed by both allies and enemies, with the shooters at even closer range, and Wyatt certainly wasn't Force-sensitive.

If anything, writing off Chirrut's abilities as "oh, he's actually just using the Force, so it's no big deal" ultimately cheapens the impressiveness of his feats.

Sometimes you get lucky. Like Luke and the grappling hook, good things sometimes happen as well as bad in the same extraordinary measures. But taking in respect of who he is lends a different dimension to that paradigm.

I do not see that using the force for that character considering who and what he is cheapening it. The fact he made that break through with his faith and pushed himself with discipline and skill with great devotion with no master also makes it 'impressive'.

Bottom line whether a force user or he is an instrument of the force he is affected to do extraordinary feats that no sightless person can achieve no matter how lucky considering how much he accomplished. I love the character and what Don brought to the role. His presence added a new dimension to the growing SW Galaxy.

In both Destiny and the LCG, Chirrut is in the jedi faction and FFG need to make those things approve by Disney so I don't think they care about what a guy at Lucasfilm once said.

1 hour ago, vilainn6 said:

In both Destiny and the LCG, Chirrut is in the jedi faction and FFG need to make those things approve by Disney so I don't think they care about what a guy at Lucasfilm once said.

Huzzah

From the OFFICIAL WEB SITE:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/chirrut-imwe

"Deeply spiritual, Chirrut Îmwe believes all living things are connected through the Force. His sightless eyes do not prevent him from being a highly skilled warrior. Though he lacks Force abilities, this warrior monk has rigorously honed his body through intense physical and mental discipline."

6 hours ago, Gallandro said:

From the OFFICIAL WEB SITE:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/chirrut-imwe

"Deeply spiritual, Chirrut Îmwe believes all living things are connected through the Force. His sightless eyes do not prevent him from being a highly skilled warrior. Though he lacks Force abilities, this warrior monk has rigorously honed his body through intense physical and mental discipline."

Read it before don't agree with it

On 9/21/2017 at 8:41 PM, splad said:

But Donovan referenced Stick, not DD. Stick does not have those abilities, on the printed page or Netflix.

51 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

But Donovan referenced Stick, not DD. Stick does not have those abilities, on the printed page or Netflix.

Stick has radar to go read up on Stick 616 universe. Have a nice day.

2 minutes ago, splad said:

Stick has radar to go read up on Stick 616 universe. Have a nice day.

Fair enough. I'd forgotten about that. Let's see how it's described, shall we?

Radar Sense: Stick possessed a "Radar" that enabled him to perceive the shapes and locations of objects in his vicinity despite his blindness. The limits of his "radar sense" are unknown, but it was more acute even than Daredevil's "radar sense." According to Stick, any human being is capable of developing a "Radar sense" through training and even retaught Matt his abilities, after he lost his Radar/Senses. Possibly this sense is psionic in nature

Same can't be said for the Force (so far as we know).

But, hey...you disagree with the very group that gets to determine whether or not Chirrut is Force sensitive, so why not disagree with Marvel about one of their characters, too, right?

7 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

Fair enough. I'd forgotten about that. Let's see how it's described, shall we?

Same can't be said for the Force (so far as we know).

But, hey...you disagree with the very group that gets to determine whether or not Chirrut is Force sensitive, so why not disagree with Marvel about one of their characters, too, right?

I believe it's something that Lucas needs to be more definitive and why a blind man cannot shoot a bow caster and hit, dodge blaster fire, fight multiple foes in a free for all action scene, sense Jyns necklace and not be a force user. You can beat around the Bush on this one with the marvel argument and try to turn it around but you know it's bs when it comes down to Chirruts abilities

Edited by splad
5 minutes ago, splad said:

I believe it's something that Lucas needs to be more definitive and why a blind man cannot shoot a bow caster and hit, dodge blaster fire, fight multiple foes in a free for all action scene, sense Jyns necklace and not be a force user. You can beat around the Bush on this one with the marvel argument and try to turn it around but you know it's bs when it comes down to Chirruts abilities

I know no such thing. As has been stated, the "blind master" is a long-standing fixture/trope of cinema. I'm not sure how much more definitive you want Lucasfilm to be than saying "he lacks Force abilities."

3 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

I know no such thing. As has been stated, the "blind master" is a long-standing fixture/trope of cinema. I'm not sure how much more definitive you want Lucasfilm to be than saying "he lacks Force abilities."

I don't buy the use of that cliche. It works in the martial art movies because they lend a supernatural abilities to them. For the east that is their superheroes. For the star wars universe it screams force user because my friend he is. A tiny caption paragraph does not explain away his defiantly superhuman prowess. It does not work and the exposition of his background is way too lacking

Fine - you don't buy the Blind Master trope and you are in your right to ban it at your table. But proclaiming all the "No it isn't so" in the world is not going to change what the actual backstory is for the character - that he's a blind master badass without the force.

On 9/21/2017 at 9:11 PM, Donovan Morningfire said:

You've also got Stick from Netflix's version of Daredevil, who lacks the titular protagonist's enhanced senses and yet is an incredibly dangerous fighter in spite of his being blind.

Time to nerd out...

As a huge DD fan, I can tell you the radioactive materials (that bounced into the sewers, creating four new teenage mutant heroes) actually just unlocked Matt Murdock's enhanced senses. While, yes, also blinding him.

Stick, who's also blind, finds Matt and lets him know he basically got a free ride; the ninja masters of the Chaste and the Hand spend decades tapping into mystic chi-like energies that will eventually grant them access to these enhanced senses, including Daredevil's iconic 360-degree radar. (Yeah, that same iconic radar sense that is missing from the Netflix series. Sigh.) Stick and his ninja fighters Stone, Shaft, Star, Flame, and Claw do indeed possess the same "superhero abilities" as Daredevil.

It's Stick's mission to recruit Matt into the Chaste. However, newly-"mutated" Matt is too impulsive, reckless, and driven to avenge his father's death. So Stick trains him the best he can, keeps an eye on him, and decides to revisit the recruitment angle years later when Elektra becomes a concern.

Anyway, most all of this comes straight from Frank Miller's PHENOMENAL first run on DD, which is highly recommended.

Morningwood is absolutely right, however, about the blind master who has amazing fighting skills being a common trope ... a la Zatoichi.

My sense of Chirrut was that he'd managed to tap into the Force for guidance, but was not a true Force Sensitive.

Edited by Harlock999
7 hours ago, Desslok said:

Fine - you don't buy the Blind Master trope and you are in your right to ban it at your table. But proclaiming all the "No it isn't so" in the world is not going to change what the actual backstory is for the character - that he's a blind master badass without the force.

You tried and failed in a number of ways to either rebuttal through example or just outright 'here it is' rather than explain what i asked and you have failed on all points. Im not the only one he is a force sensitive. Everyone i have asked in person who has seen the movie agrees with me. While the mythos of the blind master works for the east as a superhero it does not work in the start wars mythos as it would say for example now have made Chi a new power. It's a level of BS that doesn't work at the table of gaming either. Each universe either supports it in some fashion or doesn't at all. When it does their is reasoning in the mechanics to say here's why such a thing can happen here. For a relatively grounded universe barring the force, star wars is explainable in it's own way. Hey they jump across the galaxy how can they do that, well son they used space faring ships that can cross vast tracts of interstellar space with a faster than light drive. It is explained in their own narrative. The blind warrior monks abilities are explained through the force otherwise you are lending the galaxy new powers.