Looking for Rey D6 Stats or Force Awakens Sourcebook

By splad, in Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game 30th Anniversary Edition

9 minutes ago, splad said:

Maybe you should have chosen your words with a grace fitting a discussion between gentlemen rather than inciting through sarcasm. But that's just my two cents. If I were to threaten you, you would know without a doubt I can't help others durability. Nice figure shame lol

As has been noted, I was entirely civil to you (straightforward, perhaps, but civil nonetheless), and when that had no impact upon your insistence that LFL’s stance on the character couldn’t possibly be accurate, finally inserting sarcasm/humor in the form of the Cthulhu/Vong heritage shtick, an illustration of applying information not supported by those who make such determinations about the character in order to reach an off-the-mark conclusion.

The only one to go the route of insult was you, followed by, how did it go again? Oh yes: “feel(ing) free to put (your) size 11 where it will do the most good.”

Believe me, I’m hardly intimidated by the insults and threat, merely noting them and feeling sorry for you that you’ve resorted to such tactics.

Edited by Nytwyng
1 hour ago, Nytwyng said:

As has been noted, I was entirely civil to you (straightforward, perhaps, but civil nonetheless), and when that had no impact upon your insistence that LFL’s stance on the character couldn’t possibly be accurate, finally inserting sarcasm/humor in the form of the Cthulhu/Vong heritage shtick, an illustration of applying information not supported by those who make such determinations about the character in order to reach an off-the-mark conclusion.

The only one to go the route of insult was you, followed by, how did it go again? Oh yes: “feel(ing) free to put (your) size 11 where it will do the most good.”

Believe me, I’m hardly intimidated by the insults and threat, merely noting them and feeling sorry for you that you’ve resorted to such tactics.

My stance was incredulous to the LFL explanation and looked for more explanation more than a single paragraph text provided. I was civil til you through out until your noxious sarcasm, so i responded in kind. If it was shtick i would try a new routine. As for my 'insults' you reaped what you sowed. I do not care if you are the type to be threatened or not, not my business. Bear in mind you waded into this discussion with an inaccuracy but steadfastly try to turn it around to something else when that didn't work but whatever.

But try this simple example for you feel free to explain or ignore. How did Chirrut Imwe know that Jyn was wearing the necklace?

2 minutes ago, splad said:

My stance was incredulous to the LFL explanation and looked for more explanation more than a single paragraph text provided. I was civil til you through out until your noxious sarcasm, so i responded in kind. If it was shtick i would try a new routine. As for my 'insults' you reaped what you sowed. I do not care if you are the type to be threatened or not, not my business. Bear in mind you waded into this discussion with an inaccuracy but steadfastly try to turn it around to something else when that didn't work but whatever.

And that “inaccuracy” was...?

”Noxious” sarcasm? When pointing out established information time and again doesn’t work, a different approach is generally called for. So I tried one. I’m not sure how that “sowing” “reaps” a direct insult of veiled profanity (which was repeated), then a mild threat. That you felt the need to respond to a tongue-in-cheek illustration of applying information not established or on screen in direct contradiction to direct statements by the character’s caretakers in such a manner says more about you than about me.

9 minutes ago, splad said:

But try this simple example for you feel free to explain or ignore. How did Chirrut Imwe know that Jyn was wearing the necklace?

Current canon has established that kyber crystals “call to” individuals. Nothing that I’ve seen has established this as being limited to Force users. Chirrut was a Guardian of the Whills, whose temple on Jedha was rife with kyber crystals. Not unthinkable that he “heard” it.

5 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

Current canon has established that kyber crystals “call to” individuals. Nothing that I’ve seen has established this as being limited to Force users. Chirrut was a Guardian of the Whills, whose temple on Jedha was rife with kyber crystals. Not unthinkable that he “heard” it.

How did Chirrut shoot down the TIE fighter?

10 minutes ago, splad said:

How did Chirrut shoot down the TIE fighter?

Not only is the TIE loud, but his first fight scene established him getting the lay of his surroundings by sound. Factor in the aforementioned sonar gear called out in the Visual Guide and add a pinch of the very same “Blind Master” archetype that he fills in the rest of the movie.

6 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

Not only is the TIE loud, but his first fight scene established him getting the lay of his surroundings by sound. Factor in the aforementioned sonar gear called out in the Visual Guide and add a pinch of the very same “Blind Master” archetype that he fills in the rest of the movie.

The TIE fighter in the middle of a storm and a firefight and in rocky chasms reflecting the sound all around! The combination of Sonar Gear and training i can accept. But i saw an article that i found interesting. I will just cut and paste:

As seen in Rogue One , Chirrut is a formidable warrior despite the fact that he’s blind. His abilities aren’t necessarily the result of using the Force like Jedi do, however; by all indications, Chirrut’s combat abilities are simply a result of his training as a Guardian of the Whills combined with enhanced senses. A point is made to show him listening to the movements of his enemies as Stormtroopers surround him , demonstrating that his combat prowess is much more physically-based than it is founded in any Force abilities.

It was recently revealed that Chirrut’s staff contains a sliver of kyber crystal in its lamp, and that he can hear the resonance of both the crystal and the lamp’s battery. This plays a part in his combat ability as well, since it allows him to know exactly where the end of his staff is in relation to his enemies. Combining his ability to determine an enemy’s location by sound and being able to hear the end of his staff allows him to remain a force to be reckoned with, even though he can’t see his surroundings. Being able to focus on multiple sounds at once in combat, as well as maintaining the focus to use ranged weapons such as his lightbow (a traditional weapon of the Guardians of the Whills, and related to the bowcaster) also suggests intense monk-like training.

This isn’t to say that the Force doesn’t aid him at all, of course. If nothing else, Chirrut seems to have exceptional luck and intuition in combat. His mantra to focus himself directly references the Force, so it’s likely that his peace with the Force offers him at least some degree of guidance or protection even though he is not directly manipulating the Force like the Force users we’re familiar with do.

3 minutes ago, splad said:

The TIE fighter in the middle of a storm and a firefight and in rocky chasms reflecting the sound all around! The combination of Sonar Gear and training i can accept. But i saw an article that i found interesting. I will just cut and paste:

As seen in Rogue One , Chirrut is a formidable warrior despite the fact that he’s blind. His abilities aren’t necessarily the result of using the Force like Jedi do, however; by all indications, Chirrut’s combat abilities are simply a result of his training as a Guardian of the Whills combined with enhanced senses. A point is made to show him listening to the movements of his enemies as Stormtroopers surround him , demonstrating that his combat prowess is much more physically-based than it is founded in any Force abilities.

It was recently revealed that Chirrut’s staff contains a sliver of kyber crystal in its lamp, and that he can hear the resonance of both the crystal and the lamp’s battery. This plays a part in his combat ability as well, since it allows him to know exactly where the end of his staff is in relation to his enemies. Combining his ability to determine an enemy’s location by sound and being able to hear the end of his staff allows him to remain a force to be reckoned with, even though he can’t see his surroundings. Being able to focus on multiple sounds at once in combat, as well as maintaining the focus to use ranged weapons such as his lightbow (a traditional weapon of the Guardians of the Whills, and related to the bowcaster) also suggests intense monk-like training.

This isn’t to say that the Force doesn’t aid him at all, of course. If nothing else, Chirrut seems to have exceptional luck and intuition in combat. His mantra to focus himself directly references the Force, so it’s likely that his peace with the Force offers him at least some degree of guidance or protection even though he is not directly manipulating the Force like the Force users we’re familiar with do.

Great. So, with only the addition of the detail of the kyber sliver as part of his equipment (sounds familiar...may be on the same page in the Visual Guide), the article says the same thing I did, while going out of its way to agree that he’s not a Force user.

Just now, Nytwyng said:

Great. So, with only the addition of the detail of the kyber sliver as part of his equipment (sounds familiar...may be on the same page in the Visual Guide), the article says the same thing I did, while going out of its way to agree that he’s not a Force user.

With the full explanation not the chintzy one provided on the SW page, i will happily accept this paradigm. All i wanted was some bloody Force Awakens D6 material...lol

Just now, splad said:

With the full explanation not the chintzy one provided on the SW page, i will happily accept this paradigm. All i wanted was some bloody Force Awakens D6 material...lol

That “chintzy” explanation (“he has no Force abilities”) is *all* that you needed. You’re obviously a bright guy...all the info you really need is in those words and on the screen. The details of the sonar and the kyber sliver are window dressing.

All you wanted was some bloody Force Awakens D6 material.

All I wanted to do was civilly point out where official sources stated that your assumption about his Force was incorrect, which would allow you to more accurately put together that D6 material.

Instead I got personal insults and mild threats. Much obliged.

Just now, Nytwyng said:

That “chintzy” explanation (“he has no Force abilities”) is *all* that you needed. You’re obviously a bright guy...all the info you really need is in those words and on the screen. The details of the sonar and the kyber sliver are window dressing.

All you wanted was some bloody Force Awakens D6 material.

All I wanted to do was civilly point out where official sources stated that your assumption about his Force was incorrect, which would allow you to more accurately put together that D6 material.

Instead I got personal insults and mild threats. Much obliged.

Listen you obviously don't get how condescending you are. When you told me about the visual guide i gladly heard that but in the same breath went into a childish sarcastic rant about chtulu or whatever. You obviously are seriously short sighted and not introspective at all to try to belittle people so offhandedly, you obviously have a towering intellect to feel justified in prattling on to me like i'm at the knees of a teacher, yes that is sarcasm. If you sought to civilly explain yourself you failed miserably. I was not trying to make assumptions about Chirrut but start an exploitative discourse but it degenerated and belligerence laid the ground work for more. So yea don't lace sugar with vinegar.

END OF LINE

Ty to all participants who shared their thoughts in a constructive discussion. Nytwng not with standing.

11 minutes ago, splad said:

Listen you obviously don't get how condescending you are.

Hello, kettle...

11 minutes ago, splad said:

When you told me about the visual guide i gladly heard that but in the same breath went into a childish sarcastic rant about chtulu or whatever.

As noted, only after I (And others) repeatedly pointed out the official stance on Chirrut, to be greeted each time with, “Uh uh!”

14 minutes ago, splad said:

You obviously are seriously short sighted and not introspective at all to try to belittle people so offhandedly, you obviously have a towering intellect to feel justified in prattling on to me like i'm at the knees of a teacher, yes that is sarcasm. If you sought to civilly explain yourself you failed miserably.

There goes the kettle again.

Meanwhile, who, exactly, did I belittle, and how? As pointed out earlier, only one of us has stopped to insult and threat.

20 minutes ago, splad said:

I was not trying to make assumptions about Chirrut

Despite your agreement several posts back that you did just that?

21 minutes ago, splad said:

but start an exploitative discourse but it degenerated and belligerence laid the ground work for more. So yea don't lace sugar with vinegar.

THIS we can agree on. It did degenerate. And belligence in the face of being presented with clear, simple statements on the matter laid the groundwork for more.

23 minutes ago, splad said:

END OF LINE

Ty to all participants who shared their thoughts in a constructive discussion. Nytwng not with standing.

You’re welcome. Insults and threat notwithstanding.

You know, @splad , in more years than I'd care to count on this and other boards, I've had great conversations with people I've disagreed with, horrible conversations with people I do agree with, and everything in between.

You and I share great taste in some RPG's, at least one series of stories, and - it would seem - we can both be stubborn.

I'm ready and able to chalk all of this up to two strong wills running headlong into the vagaries of a silent medium. Whattaya say?

But you're still not getting the figure of Daddy Imwe this year. :P

4 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

But you're still not getting the figure of Daddy Imwe this year. :P

Can I have it instead?

8 hours ago, Desslok said:

Can I have it instead?

I dunno. Something about it has started boring into my very soul. I’m...I’m not sure I can part with the Mas...I mean...Daddy Imwe.

Daddy Imwe can feel my thoughts. No lie is safe. Daddy Imwe will know the truth.