Spade Squadron- Fighter Campaign OOC

By Rakaydos, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Hard warfare or average perception

Question, is this still open for new players? I'm going to be working on a hotshot and an outlaw tech, both Droids, and I wanted to know if this is Knight Level or some nonsense like that.

Right now it looks to be dead, but if interest picks back up it's starting xp with 2 characters per player- a pilot and astromech.

27 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Right now it looks to be dead, but if interest picks back up it's starting xp with 2 characters per player- a pilot and astromech.

Already done .

I'll jump in with a character and a droid soon. I've always wanted to get into a campaign with vehicles, especially since starfighter combat was how I got into Star Wars in the first place.

18 minutes ago, satkaz said:

I'll jump in with a character and a droid soon. I've always wanted to get into a campaign with vehicles, especially since starfighter combat was how I got into Star Wars in the first place.

And another one joins the fray, this should be good.

Oh, I'm wondering if F&D specializations are allowed out of the gate or if you want to have PCs work on getting Force Sensitive Emergent before taking a F&D specialization.

Edited by satkaz
Just now, satkaz said:

Oh, I'm wondering if F&D specializations are allowed out of the gate or if you want to have PCs work on getting Force Sensitive Emergent before taking a F&D specialization.

I wouldn't think that F&D specs would be allowed at all. But I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, Shaved Wookie said:

I wouldn't think that F&D specs would be allowed at all. But I could be wrong.

I'll just assume that I'll have to get Force Sensitive Emergent before getting a F&D specialization.

Just now, satkaz said:

I'll just assume that I'll have to get Force Sensitive Emergent before getting a F&D specialization.

That could work.

Unless he says to not use the force. Then we have a whole other issue.

Just now, Shaved Wookie said:

That could work.

Unless he says to not use the force. Then we have a whole other issue.

Oh, if that's the case, it's not too much of a bother. Just wanted to see if I could.

7 minutes ago, satkaz said:

Oh, if that's the case, it's not too much of a bother. Just wanted to see if I could.

I donno, I just don't like mixing the black book with the other two.

But that's personal bias.

Edited by Shaved Wookie

Liking the Albright lineage here :)

Oh hey, this is a thing. GM checking back in.

If you want a F&D carear, you can (Racer or Starfighter ace are great) but you are capped at FR1 at creation, and all your force powers use character scale when all the combat will be at vehical scale.

Awesome, if my characters are ok with you I'm good to go. :)

One update I'm doing to character creation that's a problem for your character:

Brawn is practically useless, but some races get to dump brawn to boost their other stats, while others dump other stats to boost brawn. I'm bringing a nerfbat.

Any non-droid race that starts with a 1 in brawn gets -10 starting XP. Any race that starts with 3 in brawn gets +10 XP.

Edited by Rakaydos

@Rakaydos I see. Just wanted to ask, because if we ever got that far, I'll be going down the Force Sensitive Emergent tree after a good amount of XP in Pilot and skills, since if the campaign goes on, I plan for Walter to awaken to the Force and not have it immediately.

1 hour ago, satkaz said:

@Rakaydos I see. Just wanted to ask, because if we ever got that far, I'll be going down the Force Sensitive Emergent tree after a good amount of XP in Pilot and skills, since if the campaign goes on, I plan for Walter to awaken to the Force and not have it immediately.

Ewww...

Really, unless you want to set up some kind of Signature ability shenanigans, or you really need that 6th trained skill, you're better off starting with the black book career and "discovering" the power that was inside you later. This is a pretty focused game, and having you dump 60 XP just on trees (20 on emergent, plus 40 for a F&D tree) to accomplish what you wanted to do to start is going to put you behind the other players who actually put XP into flying.

19 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Ewww...

Really, unless you want to set up some kind of Signature ability shenanigans, or you really need that 6th trained skill, you're better off starting with the black book career and "discovering" the power that was inside you later. This is a pretty focused game, and having you dump 60 XP just on trees (20 on emergent, plus 40 for a F&D tree) to accomplish what you wanted to do to start is going to put you behind the other players who actually put XP into flying.

I see, I'll be doing that then. And I have to ask, do you want me to set Morality up or are we running with just Duty?

1 hour ago, satkaz said:

I see, I'll be doing that then. And I have to ask, do you want me to set Morality up or are we running with just Duty?

Just duty. You dont need to worry about all the janitors on the deathstars you blow up.

Can I reduce my duty for the reduced 10 xp? I don't think I took that to start with.