Spade Squadron- Fighter Campaign OOC

By Rakaydos, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Rakaydos, I wanted to wait till we were going before rolling for my character's starting credits. Here are the rolls. (Poor Gigi.)

starting credits : 1d100 4

starting credits : 1d100 63

Not really worried about it.

Looks like we're waiting on Lotr's introduction, then we can move to the briefing.

I just posted, also so that everyone know any words inside the parentheses are what the Shriiwook to Basic translation of what my character is saying if it's the Wookiee and for the droid it's the binary to basic.

All your astromechs know Shriiwook, even if your pilots do not.

Need anything else from us in the IC, @Rakaydos ?

Just thinking on a good way to jump 3 hours to the briefing between classes.

Rakaydos can I roll a knowledge warfare check as my astromech to try and see if the movement of the asteroids have a pattern to them. I am hoping to get a group boost to any piloting checks if I succeed.

I'm going to say the handheld holo doesnt give the astromech enough to work with. Once you get to the asteroid field, though, Astrogaate or Perception are the proper skills for a Plot the Course action, removing enviromental black dice from piloting checks, and Piloting (space) is the appropriate check for Copilot, which reduces the danger of the next piloting check of any kind. (downdraging challange dice to difficulty).

I'll be going over more options when we do the "maneuvers" before combat.

Flying in atmosphere is Piloting (Planetary), right?

Take off! (Piloting: Planetary) : 3eP+1eA+1eD 3 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png p-s.png p-s.png a-s.png d-f.png

Oh, and can our Astromechs add assistance to give a boost die?

Edited by SavageBob

My understanding is that the piloting skill is based on what kind of vehicle you're using and not where you are, but I also know that people go back and forth on that question a lot, so it's down to how Rakaydos wants to play it.

While we're at it, do you prefer rolls to be kept here in the OOC thread, or included in the relevant IC post?

RAW is ship-based. Piloting our Y-Wings is always Piloting (Space). I'll wait for Rak to chime in on where he wants the roles, too.

Edited by Tweedledope

Lets have them in IC, with appropriate narration. Also yea, piloting space.

This is a simple "lets figure out rolling dice" check, with more advantages being fancier flying.

Rerolled. I added an astromech boost, but if you don't want that at this point, the roll is 1 Success, 1 Advantage.

Keep in mind your astromech has an entire actio/maneuver/stress for second maneuver, and "Assist" is only a maneuver.

Edit:

Jumping into the Y-Wing with a cartwheel like motion of flailing limbs, Flea's arms begin to blitz around the cockpit as pre-flight procedures begin. The engines hum into action as the ignition switch is pushed firmly into place. The atmospheric thrust engines roar loudly as Flea juices them up to ensure a safe flight routine out of the atmosphere. As a pair of arms continues pre-flight routines, the other pair lower Flea's flight goggles firmly into place over his dark eyes which are affixed on the astromech readout display.

"Yeah, Gate. You're fine. I can read you loud and clear. Listen, you know that I hate flying these things in atmo, can you give me a hand and make sure the sublight thrusters and maneuvering fins are responding?"

With that, Gate whirrs excitedly and begins performing numerous flight pattern tests to ensure Flea's piloting is steady.

"Perfect, Gate! I think we're good to go. Mag-on!"

With that, Flea pulls up on the centre stick and the Y-Wing begins its ascent into the atmosphere.

Copilot isnt quite that awesome. "Downgrade" means turning red dice into purple, not removing purples. (AoR pg 29)

Give me 1 purple and add it to your roll.

Edited by Rakaydos
12 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

Keep in mind your astromech has an entire actio/maneuver/stress for second maneuver, and "Assist" is only a maneuver.

Edit:

Copilot isnt quite that awesome. "Downgrade" means turning red dice into purple, not removing purples. (AoR pg 29)

Give me 1 purple and add it to your roll.

I'm losing my mind. I'll add the error here and adjust the net IC.

http://orokos.com/roll/553738

Net 1 failure to be added.

Of course I'd call Astrid out as GG instead of her actual name. Fail. Some "Squadron Leader" I am. LOL

I see I have explained the situation poorly.

We'll go with only 8 ywings this mission, then. (5 pcs, the leader, leaders wingman, and whoever gets left out gets a wingman tio.

My apoligies, I'm trying to focus on an essay, but I keep getting distracted by RL spaceX news, with everything else suffering.

I should have something my tomorrow afternoon.

So, I'm kind of at a loss for what to do. Stay in formation? Angle deflector shields? I have no military training whatsoever, and it's been a while since I've played X-Wing or TIE Fighter . It might be helpful (for me at least) for our squadron leader to do a bit of hand-holding through this first space encounter.

3 hours ago, SavageBob said:

So, I'm kind of at a loss for what to do. Stay in formation? Angle deflector shields? I have no military training whatsoever, and it's been a while since I've played X-Wing or TIE Fighter . It might be helpful (for me at least) for our squadron leader to do a bit of hand-holding through this first space encounter.

I'm in the same boat. Are we in a turned encounter now and need to roll an initiative check? Do we have time to scan the system using our sensors, do we have time to do an "ocular patdown? of the situation? I feel like we need a little more of what's going on (as well as our current formation; I assume it's a wedge shape?).

Perhaps we can all make a Warfare check for tactics?

Sure, Warfare, perception, ask for orders, I want reactions.

Formation is a loose scatter by wingpairs.

What are the difficulties for those checks?

6 hours ago, SavageBob said:

What are the difficulties for those checks?

Which check are you attempting?

You said Warfare and Perception.