Rotation for the casual player sounds terrible...

By Redsavina, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Not much work at all...?

Sorting through all the cards and putting away the removed/banned cards and then reconfiguring decks, yeah, that is a lot of work for a causal player and really anyone.

It’s really not. It took me less than an hour to cull my collection and deckbuilding is LESS complicated now, not more.

Rotation is good for successful card game!

If there is not rotation the game stagnates badly, because some cards were made too good in the first place and keeps on coming all decks. So rotation allows new decks and new deck types to rice and fall and that is the best and biggest advantage of rotation.

I just hope that the rotation is fast enough, so that not too big card pool is available all the time...

Edited by Hannibal_pjv
On 9/7/2017 at 4:24 PM, Redsavina said:

As a casual player, simply rotating out product you spent money on without the knowledge that those purchases would become illegal to play is wrong in my opinion. I wish FFG would implement solutions that work for everyone, not just the few hundred people who play at the highest competitive level. It should have said on the front of the box when it first released that after 7 cycles of cards, the first two cycles will rotate out.

Hi Redsavina

I feel your pain. Ideas about reprinting cards, or sending them back for credit, you can for sure forget immediately as they don't make financial sense for FFG.

"It should have said on the front of the box" would work if they had pre-designed every card in existence before releasing the first Core - instead they needed to respond to emerging archetypes, analyse the data from their tournaments, see what else they will release in the next X cycles and only then adjust accordingly.

If you want to escape rotation, like I do, you have three options that I know of (all of them relate to virtual play, not to physical cards):

1. Snowball League - a channel on Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/ZtYv4Aq where, starting with only Core Set 1.0, every two weeks we add two new packs or a Deluxe expansion to the "legal" cardpool.
2. Casual Player Club on Jinteki.net - just what is says on the tin :) https://forum.stimhack.com/t/casual-player-club-jinteki-net/9335
3. PM me, I'd love to play with some of the old cards I have not been able to experience as well.

Fear not, there are others like you out there.

Best Regards

On 9/12/2017 at 6:12 AM, Redsavina said:

If I play at the kitchen table, then yes, rotation is meaningless. Typically, I host board game nights at my kitchen table with 4-8 people, so Netrunner isn't really an option.

As soon as I show up at a shop to meet up for their non-tournament league or Netrunner night, then I am sure they are adhering to rotation standards for deck construction. There is one shop about 45 minutes from my house with a healthy league, but I can't make it on the nights they host it. Another shop 30 min from me used to do Saturday's, but the last 2 times I went nobody showed for Netrunner. Now, another local shop is trying to start 1 Saturday per month and has a couple of players that might show up. That makes it difficult for me to play the game, especially when 25 to 30 guys show up regularly for Saturday morning Commander.

I am not involved enough with the game to even be aware of when or where I would even find tournament play for Netrunner. That's part of the problem for this game as well. I know of multiple shops who host Magic events with different formats, and which ones I would be interested in playing and how much they cost, and I can easily look up GP events in my region (I went to the Denver GP a month ago) but I have no clue about any local or regional competitive events for Netrunner.

According to this you never play. If so I'm sorry, but I also don't get why rotation would matter to you.