Arkham Nights 2017

By Steeljaw, in Arkham Nights

38 minutes ago, WaitingForRedPlanet said:

The price change doesn't bug me. If we get the normal swag (hoping for more acrylic tokens and a nice monster bag), I'll definitely be okay with the stuff. I'm lucky enough to be in Roseville, so it's easy for me to get there. However, I'm worried about their late announcement because AN is definitely more fun with a full crowd. I'm also concerned they might not get the designers who are not FFG employees. I don't know how long they've been planning the date, but it feels slapped together. I'm just hoping I'll be proven wrong!

I didn't even think of that. I was fortunate enough last year to play Arkham Horror 1st Ed with Richard Launius with Kevin Wilson hanging out with us, and the prior year played EH with Nikki Valens. I'd hate to miss out on cool experiences like that because of bad planning on FFG's part!

On 9/22/2017 at 11:01 PM, KBlumhardt said:

I didn't even think of that. I was fortunate enough last year to play Arkham Horror 1st Ed with Richard Launius with Kevin Wilson hanging out with us, and the prior year played EH with Nikki Valens. I'd hate to miss out on cool experiences like that because of bad planning on FFG's part!

Exactly! We have played with designers the past two years, heard about works in the pipelines (one of which turned out to be Fate of the Elder God's) and gotten boxes autographed. Richard's first edition is super cool and he's fun to chat with. I really hope he and Kevin Wilson are still there. I'm sure Nikki Valens and Matt Newman will be there, as they're FFG employees (at least I think they still are) and they'll have a great OP team, but I still wouldn't want to miss out on the outside talent.

I hope that all our fretting is for nothing and it's just as awesome an event as always!

The swag looks awesome and Richard Launius will be there! I'm feeling much better about things now. I definitely feel like the stuff we get makes the higher price tag worth it.

23 minutes ago, WaitingForRedPlanet said:

The swag looks awesome and Richard Launius will be there! I'm feeling much better about things now. I definitely feel like the stuff we get makes the higher price tag worth it.

Even better, we'll be able to buy the new MoM2E expansion a month early... and we have confirmation of new expansions for both Elder Sign and Eldritch Horror! I can't wait.

Edited by KBlumhardt

Now my question is will the Alt Art Leo cards be in the Arkham Nights Labyrinth of Lunacy decks...

1 hour ago, Sid Pikes said:

Now my question is will the Alt Art Leo cards be in the Arkham Nights Labyrinth of Lunacy decks...

I don't get what you mean. What alt art Leo cards?

edit: Nevermind... Google is a wonderful thing! :)

Edited by KBlumhardt
1 minute ago, KBlumhardt said:

I don't get what you mean. What alt art Leo cards?

The GenCon Labyrinth of Lunacy packs came with extended alternate art Leo De Luca cards. I'm curious to know if they will be included in the Arkham Nights packs too.

Oh Rats!! Why does FFG only give us about 2.5 weeks notice here?! There are many things going on in the fall and weekends can be at a premium. Oh well, I guess I won't be able to make it this year. I do hope I will be able to get the Labyrinth of Lunacy later as a POD deck.

I did have a lot of fun last year and was hoping to make it again this year.

It's very short notice. I would really like to go, but 2-3 weeks is rough when planning a trip.

For those of us looking to play the Arkham Horror LCG, should we be bringing our own decks, or do they have pre-built ones? Can anybody give any details on how they ran the LCG games last year?

On 9/27/2017 at 2:12 PM, Setzer529 said:

For those of us looking to play the Arkham Horror LCG, should we be bringing our own decks, or do they have pre-built ones? Can anybody give any details on how they ran the LCG games last year?

It's a hard call, last year was the Arkham Horror LCG launch so we all bought our cores, then tore into them using the sample decks and what we could cobble together. The Call of Cthulhu LCG was very much build your own, so Arkham Horror might follow that format. I do know for the GenCon event they did not supply decks.

On 9/27/2017 at 2:12 PM, Setzer529 said:

Last year they had decks premade for playing with Matt Newman, but it was new and we were just learning the base game. I would suspect that they will have decks made for any organized events (they did that when they had the Call of Cthulhu tournament in 2015) but if you want to play between then, you'll want to bring your own. Hopefully when they announce the schedule, they'll have some more details about things like that, but I wouldn't expect it.

24 minutes ago, WaitingForRedPlanet said:

Last year they had decks premade for playing with Matt Newman, but it was new and we were just learning the base game. I would suspect that they will have decks made for any organized events (they did that when they had the Call of Cthulhu tournament in 2015) but if you want to play between then, you'll want to bring your own. Hopefully when they announce the schedule, they'll have some more details about things like that, but I wouldn't expect it.

My friends and I will definitely be bringing a couple of our own decks along for "in-between" games. Sounds like we won't be alone, and that there should definitely be plenty of people to play "pick up" games with!

Edited by KBlumhardt

A few of us are organizing an 'Iron-man Dunwich' run on Saturday. The plan is to have groups of 4 investigators complete the entire campaign in one sitting with bathroom/stretch/food breaks allowed.

So far we have three full groups and a 4th group forming. Would love to have more people join in the fun. We are discussing details and organizing primarily through the Mythos Busters discord server in the #iconman-dunwich channel.

Let me know if interested and I can send you the details.

On 9/29/2017 at 1:23 PM, unlimitedpower said:

A few of us are organizing an 'Iron-man Dunwich' run on Saturday. The plan is to have groups of 4 investigators complete the entire campaign in one sitting with bathroom/stretch/food breaks allowed.

So far we have three full groups and a 4th group forming. Would love to have more people join in the fun. We are discussing details and organizing primarily through the Mythos Busters discord server in the #iconman-dunwich channel.

Let me know if interested and I can send you the details.

My group might be, however it will depend on what other events are going on during Arkham Nights :)

A thought struck me, while I'm excited to be able to get Streets of Arkham early it is app driven and without the app getting updated early it's not pointless.

I'll hope that's not going to be an oversight. :)

1 hour ago, Sid Pikes said:

A thought struck me, while I'm excited to be able to get Streets of Arkham early it is app driven and without the app getting updated early it's not pointless.

I'll hope that's not going to be an oversight. :)

They'll have to have an updated version, since we'll be playing the new scenarios at the convention. Shouldn't be any real effort at all to get it uploaded to Steam and the other platforms.

Worst case scenario, if it's not updated right away, it'll still give us some time to get the minis painted. :)

Edited by KBlumhardt

A friend and I are coming but for our first time Arkham Nights, they don't sacrifice virgins any more, right?

Lots of questions since I am a noobie, like the announcement doesn't really say, but how late does Friday run? And how early do people start showing up on Saturday? How many people do costumes for this? Lots pick-up games?

Just curious, and thanks in advance for any info!

6 minutes ago, Somatose Boy said:

A friend and I are coming but for our first time Arkham Nights, they don't sacrifice virgins any more, right?

Lots of questions since I am a noobie, like the announcement doesn't really say, but how late does Friday run? And how early do people start showing up on Saturday? How many people do costumes for this? Lots pick-up games?

Just curious, and thanks in advance for any info!

Based on my past attendance:

0) Thankfully (regrettably?) no virgin sacrifice...

1) Both nights go until midnight

2) The doors open at 10 am Saturday

3) Very few costumes in previous years, but the costume contest this year will likely change that

4) Yup, lots. DO NOT be afraid to walk up to a table and ask to join, or grab a copy of one of the games and sit down (you'll generally have no problems finding more players).

Edited by KBlumhardt

Costume done with a day to spare!!! Who all is doing costumes for Saturday?

On 9/26/2017 at 10:44 AM, KBlumhardt said:

Even better, we'll be able to buy the new MoM2E expansion a month early... and we have confirmation of new expansions for both Elder Sign and Eldritch Horror! I can't wait.

...and now it turns out we won't. Bummer. :(

? When did they say this?

Edit: Nevermind, I just checked my email. That's a bummer....

Edited by Somatose Boy

I didn't manage to get a ticket for Arkham Nights, please forgive me being nosy but is it no longer possible to purchase the Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition Streets of Arkham expansion early?

34 minutes ago, chico2323 said:

I didn't manage to get a ticket for Arkham Nights, please forgive me being nosy but is it no longer possible to purchase the Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition Streets of Arkham expansion early?

Correct.

blah, sorry to everyone attending =(

I'm sure it'll still be a ton of fun.