Fort Defender's repaints

By Fort Defender, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Thanks for voting. :D I hope you guys enjoyed the defender. The tie breaker will now go to the scum fleet because Force Majeure was the first one to vote.

On 11/10/2017 at 4:48 PM, Fort Defender said:

Thanks. I love your battle damaged tie! How did you do that? Also, you can vote for which repaint you would like to see next.

Sorry for the late reply - looks like I missed the chance to vote. I would've voted for option #2.

RE the damage how-to, I used a nail stuck in a cork (so I could hold it) and a barbeque lighter to heat up the nail. Then start melting! It's certainly fun to do once you get over the initial "what am I about to do?" moment. There are plenty of youtube videos on the subject.

I'm looking forward to seeing your next paint job!

Thanks for sharing your awesome techique. :D You can still vote for next week if you would like to.

Nym's scum squadron won the voting. photo-25_zps8njz31ad.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit photo-26_zpsicvu1lxk.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit

I hope you enjoy these repaints.

Now for next week:

#5 yellow quadjumper

Or

#6 F/O striker

Quadjumper! That ship is a totally blank canvas with lots of potential.

I've painted my two already, but I think I may partially re-paint the second one; it's not working for me any more.

Sorry, have to go with Striker.

It's my favorite ship to destroy modify!

Do the Striker, did mine a while back - they look beautiful in FO colors.

Also yellow sucks to work with. Boo yellow.

Thanks for voting everyone. :D I hope you have enjoyed these repaints so far.

P.S. @ZealuxMyr Yellow doesn't look good on most ships but I was shocked at how the quadjumper turned out.

30 minutes ago, Fort Defender said:

Thanks for voting everyone. :D I hope you have enjoyed these repaints so far.

P.S. @ZealuxMyr Yellow doesn't look good on most ships but I was shocked at how the quadjumper turned out.

Oh, I have no doubt it'll look good. I just have yet to find a yellow paint that isn't a pain in the butt to work with - coverage, smooth coat, and thinability (*coin it*) have been a problem with every yellow paint I've ever worked with...100% the reason my mining guild TIEs (2) have been a WIP since January 2017...

The winner is the F/O striker.

photo-30_zpsjvuufymh.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit photo-31_zpsmhfpiuur.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit

Now for next week. It will actually be a voting tournament. A finale of repaints before the holidays. I will reveal the finalists next Monday but the winner will be in two weeks.

Royal Guard F/O squadron Vs. Painted maneuver dials

And

Yellow Quadjumper Vs. Red touch up y wing

Which dials will you be painting?

Y-Wing.

Poe's dial, the silver and black T-70's dial, and Wedge's dial. They all match the ship.

Royal Guard F/O.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:12 PM, Darth Drago said:

Royal Guard F/O.

+1

Thanks for voting everyone. :D The finalists are the:

Royal Guard F/O squadron

And

Y-wing

I will reveal the winner of the voting next week. In the mean time, if anyone can correctly guess the number of repaints I have done before the 25th, I will message them some unrevealed repaints I have done.

Royal Guard F/O.

26 repaints. Why? Lucky number.

On 8/30/2017 at 6:21 PM, Fort Defender said:

The red panels were for more of a royal guard tie vibe. The yellow were because I wanted to test out the yellow paint on a ship to see how it worked. Once I started, I tried to make it look like a toxic symbol: toxic-waste-symbol-i7783.jpg

isn't this from Worms Armageddon?

Only in that worms armageddon used it because the various nuclear development authorities did.

Praetorian FO Squadron

Edit: I think there's 10 repaints.

Edited by Celestial Lizards

Here is the winner:

Royal Guard F/O squadron

photo-32_zps4ipmucmc.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit photo-33_zpsuzqjunnl.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit photo-34_zpsq0gnylz6.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit

Btw, those are some close guesses!

P.S.(You can guess once a day)

In advance, Happy Force Friday. Enjoy TLJ everyone.

Edited by Fort Defender

13 repaints

Another close guess. :D

As a hint: I only have 25 ships.

21?

16?