Fort Defender's repaints

By Fort Defender, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Just repainted the T-70 x wing for Red Ace. Please let me know your opinion on the ship. I just started repainting. :) photo-5_zpsvdfby69j.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit= photo_zpsptb4mgzb.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=cl photo-2_zpsrg1cvrl2.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit= photo-3_zpsrdmbkais.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=

Edited by Fort Defender

Just did the star wars rebels b wing too. :) photo-6_zpsu9kweplx.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=

I agree with Sabine Wren. Tie fighters need a paint job. ;) I did one to look like a royal guard tie. photo-10_zpsvkuahml1.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit photo-11_zps8kbbvzn3.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit photo-9_zpswh9bmtqs.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit= photo-8_zpsgfsuyecl.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit= photo-12_zpscbhy7kvi.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit

Very nice stuff !

With the photos, try putting a sheet of paper behind them and use the flash, we can really take in the paint jobs then !

Keep up the awesome work !

Thanks. I will retake the x wing photos and post them soon.

Thanks for the suggestion. Here are my re-done x wing photos. photo-14_zpsqtbhaomv.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit photo-15_zpsavpt4zjr.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit photo-13_zps7gm4k5ax.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit

I like the paint scheme, I might do a Z-95...

Looks like an angry little space hornet!

If you want some diffuse light, shine a strong light into a jug of water. From the side of course, not actually IN the water. :mellow:

Also, it's better to zoom into a subject so you get proper focus, rather than bring the camera up to it and have if focus on the wrong thing, such as a background.

Is there a story behind the red and yellow panels on your TIEs?

Nice work btw.

That X-wing looks sharp. I need to take up painting one of these days. ...

The red panels were for more of a royal guard tie vibe. The yellow were because I wanted to test out the yellow paint on a ship to see how it worked. Once I started, I tried to make it look like a toxic symbol: toxic-waste-symbol-i7783.jpg

6 hours ago, Fort Defender said:

... look like a toxic symbol:

Actually, that's a "Radiation" hazard symbol.

;)

- - - - -

("Toxic" - and "Poison" - is usually a skull and crossbones)

Edited by ABXY

Oops. My bad. Yep, you guys are right.

Just did the Inquisitor's Tie. I am going to call it the Special Forces Prototype. photo-19_zpscn7iqbb6.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit photo-17_zps5g05p2jj.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit photo-18_zpskgpbpgr1.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit

It has been a while. I figured I would add my latest repaint. photo_zpsu1s7pc08.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=cl photo-20_zpswjxmyjqu.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit photo-10_zpsuuuhduqj.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit

Also, vote for what you want to see next.

#1 for N'Dru repaint

Or

#2 for Tie Defender Elite repaint

#2. There are tons of N'Drus and only a few Defenders repaint.

Thanks for voting. :) I will tally the votes next Monday at noon and then as soon as I can, the repaint will be posted. Since it was the first thing voted for, the tie defender will be the tie breaker ( :rolleyes: ) if needed.

Love that black & silver T-70.

I vote for the Defender as well.

Thanks. I am just about to start painting a whole scum squadron. Fingers crossed that it will look as good as it did in my head.

Very nice work! Keep it up.

Regarding your yellow TIE/FO, great minds think alike. This is what they look like after they catch their share of damage in a battle. :D

JR2ajg5.jpg

Thanks. I love your battle damaged tie! How did you do that? Also, you can vote for which repaint you would like to see next.

Defender.

The Tie Defender Elite won the voting. As promised, here is the Tie Defender Elite Repaint.

photo-21_zps6bycqini.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit photo-22_zpsztglmlqe.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit photo-23_zpsw79bvtt0.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit photo-24_zpsw5djduct.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit

(Even though it is a new model to Star Wars, I did some paint wearing)

Now, here are the contestants for next week's voting.

#3 Royal Guard F/O fighter squadron

Or

#4 Blue and White Scum squadron

P.S

Thanks for voting everyone. :D

I vote for the Scum. That's not a common color combination for them (aside from the Protectorate/Fang Fighter).

50 minutes ago, Fort Defender said:

#3 Royal Guard F/O fighter squadron

This.