I'm just hype to play the game!

By Engine25, in Star Wars: Legion

I was interested in it when I heard about it. But I couldn't really say for sure until I saw the mechanics. Star Wars skirmish game naturally is going to pique my interest but I got a lot of other games I play, so I don't need another...

Then I saw the demo and I'm quite pumped because not only is it pretty, it's got a lot of depth and seems very well balanced.

Seems awesome so far! I just want to know what additional units and vehicles will come out!

Moar hype needed - there's too much saltiness here. The demos have me hooked... but I have a wife who might cut the line before they can reel me in. :ph34r:

5 hours ago, BigKahuna said:

Correction, you where a mostly casual gamer. Welcome to the veterans table, trust me when I say you belong here. Most people start out as casual gamers, but casual gamers don't post on forums, and systematically start picking up several collectible games while eagerly anticipating the next one. That's the mark of someone that has switched over and maybe hasn't realized it yet.

Legion certainly looks interesting though I have to admit I'm not really that excited about it. My gaming group and I talked about it and basically what it boiled down to was that out of the six mini gamers we have zero volunteers to play Rebels.

I think when it comes to the Star Wars movies and the story of Star Wars, Rebel characters on foot where only exciting when they had lightsabres. I don't see anything interesting at all outside of Luke Skywalker on the Rebel side and a whole lot of awsome on the Imperial side. Rebels just look boring to play. I think they have chosen poorly for the basis of this game. This would have been a lot more interesting in the Clone War era (Clones vs. Droids), or as a specialized character based tactical game (aka lots of lightsabres and unique characters from the story). But running a squad of Rebels... meh.. I don't mind playing Imperial Assault but its mostly because you are using a lot of unique, recognizable characters regardless of which side your on and on the imperial side, you know all the variations on the storm trooper are always cool.. but variants on a rebel soldier.... BOOOORING!

Meanwhile I only play rebels in most of these games. Too bad I'm not in your gaming circle. I would fight all you imperial scum to the death. :P

Given what we have seen of Legion so far, it looks like Imps and Rebs will have different play styles. I look forward to trying out both factions! I do hope the forces out of the core box are a bit more balanced than other FFG games (Armada, RuneWars, etc).

Edited by Manchu