Game demo videos

By Animewarsdude, in Star Wars: Legion

17 minutes ago, Frodos said:

60 stormtroopers and Vader :o I cant wait to do that!

Neither can I.

1 hour ago, Frodos said:

If I remember corrcetly, you can (sadly) only have up to 6 trooper kind of unit in you army/list/squad. The bare stormtrooper unit contain 4 models and cost 44 points (so 6 x 44 = 264). Most likely i would run a DLT-19 or HH-12 (what seems to have Impact 3 keyword - so good against armored enemy forces, if i want to run only infantry) upgrade card. If i would choose 3xHH-12 and 3xDLT-19 (with cost 24 and 34 points), total cost of stormtroopers would jump up to 438 points. I can also add a "Stormtrooper" upgrade card, 11 points each, that add extra model to a unit. So now my troops cost 504 (with still open 2 upgrade slots - Granade and a Chip/Enhancement??) , i can add Vader as a leader- what in total would be +704 points with 60 stormtroopers and Vader :o I cant wait to do that!

No, that would be 36 stormtroopers and Vader. Your 6 trooper squads are 6 men each, not 10.

3 minutes ago, player1750031 said:

No, that would be 36 stormtroopers and Vader. Your 6 trooper squads are 6 men each, not 10.

How the **** i make a primary school mistake?! :o I must have been thinking about something back then :/

Edited by Frodos
3 hours ago, player1750031 said:

Seriously, FFG? You're hiring a demo person that's in a larger scale than the players?

Just to get players to buy me again when they already painted up so many mini-me

2 hours ago, Frodos said:

If I remember corrcetly, you can (sadly) only have up to 6 trooper kind of unit.

Ah yes, forgot about that. I was just doing the math on points. Dang, I just want to see 50+ stormtroopers running across the table at me. See how many Vader can take out just by deflecting shots back at them. :)

1 minute ago, TallTonyB said:

Ah yes, forgot about that. I was just doing the math on points. Dang, I just want to see 50+ stormtroopers running across the table at me. See how many Vader can take out just by deflecting shots back at them. :)

You should still do this if you want; don't let them points rules ruin the fun ;)

6 minutes ago, Dice lord said:

You should still do this if you want; don't let them points rules ruin the fun ;)

But then I have to paint 50+ stormtroopers... ugh.

3 minutes ago, TallTonyB said:

Let's not start that again :lol:

Hope you're enjoying Gencon.

Now one thing I question is how the heavy weapons groups work. The cards for them say add X unit to the squad but during Alex Davey's demo with Team Covenant the squads each had the heavy weapon variant in their squads but only five members. So I have to wonder if that upgrade replaces a trooper with the other variant or if they just kept the units small for the purpose of the demo. From looking at the card pictures we do know that the extra Storm trooper upgrade is different from adding one of the heavy variants to the squad.

14 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Now one thing I question is how the heavy weapons groups work. The cards for them say add X unit to the squad but during Alex Davey's demo with Team Covenant the squads each had the heavy weapon variant in their squads but only five members. So I have to wonder if that upgrade replaces a trooper with the other variant or if they just kept the units small for the purpose of the demo. From looking at the card pictures we do know that the extra Storm trooper upgrade is different from adding one of the heavy variants to the squad.

Well if Legion works like any of the other FFG miniature games you will be able to quip one upgrade per slot. There might be some cards that will rmove certain upgrade slots when equipped but that was not listed on either of the extra troop cards.

Looks like fun to me, I am game.

22 hours ago, Kubernes said:

Stormtroopers have precise? :rolleyes:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor only imperial stormtroopers are so precise

3 hours ago, TallTonyB said:

I hope you can also use snow troopers. Then we'll just have to spray paint them white and call it a day.

In an ideal world we might get one of each rank with the release of the game, and hopefully maybe an additional commander to choose from.

These would be my guesses for them.

Empire:

Commander: Darth Vader (Core), Krennic or Kallus (Expansion)

Core: Storm Troopers

Support: Scout Troopers on Speeder Bikes

Special Forces: Deathtroopers

Heavy: AT-ST

Rebels:

Commander: Luke (Core), Leia (Expansion since she was name dropped though that might mean nothing at this point)

Core: Rebel Troopers

Support: AT-RT

Special Forces: Rebel Saboteurs or Marksmens, if they go with named characters then possibly Cassian or other Rogue One characters

Heavy: Snowspeeder or T2-B Tank.

1 hour ago, Animewarsdude said:

The base squad of both stormtroopers and rebel troopers is four models. Then there are upgrades you can take to add a basic trooper or one of the heavy weapon troopers. The nice thing with the core set is that for each faction you get two squads of the four basics, two regular troops for upgrades, and two of each heavy weapon upgrade trooper.

After watching Team Covenants video I'm sold!

12 minutes ago, Sirdrasco said:

After watching Team Covenants video I'm sold!

Same here. I was sorta on the fence about it, but given the mechanics behind the game I'm ready to put down a pre-order today. But the prices of expansions and how the upgrade cards could push me away from it... Especially the upgrade card system.

Edit: Just looked at RW and while it's not quite the same I think it's safe to make an assumption here. For RW it's $25 for a box of most squads so I expect it to be around the same price here, perhaps less since there's no tray and generally fewer models.

Edited by VanorDM
23 hours ago, Kubernes said:

Stormtroopers have precise? :rolleyes:

I remember some **** fool saying they did at one point . . .

Kenobi: "And these blast points, too accurate for Sandpeople. Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise ."

Of course, it's funny now after years of inept Imperial training. :P

33 minutes ago, VanorDM said:

Same here. I was sorta on the fence about it, but given the mechanics behind the game I'm ready to put down a pre-order today. But the prices of expansions and how the upgrade cards could push me away from it... Especially the upgrade card system.

Edit: Just looked at RW and while it's not quite the same I think it's safe to make an assumption here. For RW it's $25 for a box of most squads so I expect it to be around the same price here, perhaps less since there's no tray and generally fewer models.

In Team Covenant's demo video, Alex Davey vaguely mentioned expansion boxes at 25$ for 7 troopers (runewars: 25$ for 8 infantrymen + 2 trays). It did not sound like a definitive statement though.

5 minutes ago, Xargonaut said:

In Team Covenant's demo video, Alex Davey vaguely mentioned expansion boxes at 25$ for 7 troopers (runewars: 25$ for 8 infantrymen + 2 trays).

I missed that, but that's still IMO a completely fair price, it works out to be $3.5 per model which while a bit on the steep side is still lower than many other games out there... Like $10 per Terminator or $35 for a single Librarian in 40k.

I wonder how the Heroes will be priced. RW's are still $25, but those come with a mounted and infinitary version of each model, something that won't apply to Legion.

Edited by VanorDM
3 minutes ago, VanorDM said:

I missed that, but that's still IMO a completely fair price, it works out to be $3.5 per model which while a bit on the steep side is still lower than many other games out there... Like $10 per Terminator or $35 for a single Librarian in 40k.

I wonder how the Heroes will be priced. RW's are still $25, but those come with a mounted and infinitary version of each model, something that won't apply to Legion.

I don't understand the number of minis though: seven?! That's one short of making two basic 4-men units, and one more over making a full 6-men unit (4 troopers + 1 extra trooper from upgrade, + 1 heavy weapon guy). I'm not sure we can have both an extra trooper and a heavy trooper in a unit though. If not, that would bring the max size of a unit to 5, which is still weird in the context of a seven minis expansion box.

8 minutes ago, Xargonaut said:

(4 troopers + 1 extra trooper from upgrade, + 1 heavy weapon guy).

I'd guess it's 4 standard troopers, 1 leader and 1 of each heavy weapon type.

So for the Stormtrooper pack you'd have the following.

1 Leader

4 Standard Troopers

1 Missile Launcher

1 (with the long gun I can't remember the name of)

Edited by VanorDM

It might have options, or something else, or it might not be he final number. Too early to say tbh.

48 minutes ago, Xargonaut said:

I'm not sure we can have both an extra trooper and a heavy trooper in a unit though. If not, that would bring the max size of a unit to 5, which is still weird in the context of a seven minis expansion box.

Looks like both rebel troopers and stormtroopers have an upgrade slot for an extra trooper and a heavy trooper.

Guys... dont forget that Luke and Vader are starter box exclusive. Alex Davy said it in the TC video.