Of FFG. How could you fail so hard?

By danrimo, in Star Wars: Legion

7 hours ago, TheRabidAardvark said:

Yes, how dare a company make a profit! How dare they expect people to buy each game separately! They should give it out for free, comrade! Their employees should work for free, their payment knowing that you did not have to spend your money! Ura! Ura! Ura!

wow. you feel pretty powerfully about FFGs profit margin. in business you have to balance immediate profits with the long term reputation of your company/happyness of your clientel. get greedy like Games Workshop and people leave your franchise(which created room in the market for FFG). yes, FFG inc. needs to make money. and no, I dont need Stalin to resque me from for profit wargaming. considering how low their production costs are and how massive the markups are, I think theyll be ok

Yeah, major pass - sadly ffg just retread IA instead of offering new experience.

I highly doubt FFG is going to fail with Legion. Its basically going to be a license to print money for them for the next few years with the tidal wave of expansions that going to follow its release.

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 6:22 AM, Vontoothskie said:

they make plenty of our money. personally i'll stop spending mine if they dont improve the playability to cost ratio of their merchandise. X-wing taught me a lot about how greedy FFG is... and my guess is this game is designed to replace I.A. so they can sell all the same characters again. if you buy this game, imperial assault, x-wing, and armada, and buy one of each item, you will currently spend almost 4,000 dollars. if you buy multiples of items for x-wing swarms or I.A. skirmish lists, that will be a lot more. isnt that enough money grubbing to let 2 games share a scale?

Maybe FFG thinks their customers only buy one SW themed game? I mean I only got AI. Oh and Destiny...and the LCG...oh god!

19 minutes ago, DesignXception said:

I highly doubt FFG is going to fail with Legion. Its basically going to be a license to print money for them for the next few years with the tidal wave of expansions that going to follow its release.

Legion vs GW vs Warmahordes! Where's my popcorn?

Honestly, this is getting a bit ridiculous. Nowhere was there ever a promise of cross compatibility. And as I've said before, even if you COULD use the models, you would still need the cards/tokens to play the game in an official capacity. And if you're just playing with friends? Then who cares go ahead and proxy anyway. I bet even at store championships you wouldn't find anyone who cared if you proxied. I honestly do not see why there is so much hate.

Oh, and some have pointed out how GW lets you use old models or cross over models. Sure, they also charge you for their rules, while FFG lets you download them for free if you want. You could theoretically play Legion with IA models after buying maneuver templates and dice, proxying cards and tokens, all you want.

After playing the Legion demo it's very general compared to GW or Warmahordes, so I think you might pull some Star Wars fans who will play this out of love for the brand but if you're going full competitive wargaming, it's not that deep as other games already on the market. Especially with two (possibly three if Scum get added) factions, it's very limiting in choice. One of the reasons Robotech Tactics got boring quickly is there's only two factions.