Sorry About The Mess: Exhibition Match

By SavageBob, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Balk falls down and hits the ground hard. Nice hit... but to unpersonal... "YA JUST A CHEATER? LIKE THE THERMAL BOY! JUST A NOTHER COWARD!"
Standing up he took a view around. What was he thinking... fighting an ape-dog in the trees? Well nothing to do than to rip him apart.

"YA KNOW FURBALL?! IF YA WANNA CHEAT, THAN I GANNA CHEAT RIGHT BACK AT YA FACE!"

With a swift motion he grabs the trunk of the tree he just went down. His Claws sink deep into the Wroshyrwood, his muscles startet to work at theier maximum possible output. in the first few seconds nothing seemed to happen, then the Nikto started screaming of anger and stress made the impossible possible: The whole tree started to shake, slowly first, vibrating stronger with every second, and then the Top of the tree startet to flung strong to the left and the right.

Wookiees, Args and can-cells started to escape the tree and the vicinity of it.

Grrwalryyhl didn't had the possibily to get to out of the unsoposed "treequake" he slipped on the shaking wooden ground and fell down towards the waiting beast of a Nikto.

Landing hard on the ground before the Balk, who went towards him immediatly.

"Welcome to my new hunting ground cheater! How do ya like it?" He smiles his evil predatorgrin.

// so the Order of maneuver and actions:

First Maneuver for Standing Up
Action use to shake up that tree (while using up my DP)
Second Maneuver to engage to the fallen Wookiee

the result is that you suffer a short fall (you may reduce damage by an athletics check since this is not the triumph-result I suffered before)

// Also I think this pure strength feat (after beeing shot down by a LRB) should bear a fear check on your side (at least I would be terrified if something like that happend to me)

for the Triumph I want you to suffer for Just one round the effect of a crit (this is a posibility mentioned in the core rule books): you will not be able to suffer any strain voluntairy until the end of my next turn!

Wounds: 6/25 Strain: 3/14

// Whoa, hold on there turbo! The effect we agreed on was me coming down to you from medium+ range, no damage. If you want me to suffer a short range fall just like you did earlier, you can spend your Triumph, just like I did. And we really gotta agree on terms before you just declare them and roll them. I might have agreed to a fear check with some sort of conditions, but on principle I

can't agree when it's already been"decided" for me.

That being said, if you'd like to spend your Advantage to cause me to make a fear check, I could see that happening. Average Fear check, for being "obviously overmatched in combat"? Plus a Difficulty Upgrade for something reputed to be dangerous (the book lists a "Sith warrior" as an example) and a setback for surprise? Grrawlryyhl knows about your armor already, knowing by reputation that you can shrug off the most heavy hits of any bounty hunter alive, and seeing already first hand your impressive strength, so he wouldn't be surprised that you took a hit and kept coming. But with the Advantage, he could be caught off guard experiencing this all in person for the first time.

So to recap...I'll suggest Triumph can be used to cause me damage, and that Advantage can be used to cause me a Fear check.

And unfortunately, we can't really do a chase now that you've caught up to me :) Unless I manage to knock you down another level, lol. //

The fear check was only noted as I see it fit - It was not decided by me, you may take it (as I think it is appropiate) or you say no to it (thats what the // I think... stands for)

even so the narrative would really call for falling damage - athletics check I will forgo that so you take no damage -

I still will use the Triumph to keep your out of breath for one round!

That is quite appropiate after that stunt.

Edited by Nightone
4 hours ago, Nightone said:

even so the narrative would really call for falling damage - athletics check I will forgo that so you take no damage -

Again, it's just not what we agreed on. Just because you chose to narrate Grrawlryyhl landing "hard" doesn't mean it happens for free. The effect of the Impossible check was agreed on before the roll. If you were willing to spend your resources on the falling thing, or to call on a Fear check, I'd totally agree with it.

(Also, I've been using the // as a short-handed header for "out of character speech." I just kinda picked it up after I saw others doing it in PbP threads, it seemed like everyone else is doing it that way, and seemed a lot more efficient that trying to make your text a different color or typing in "OOC:" when trying to say something out of character :)

As an aside—the // is a convention in programming that denotes a "comment" that is not part of the code.

I don't believe I've seen it used to signify "take it or leave it"—but if that's how you're using it I'll make sure to note that...I just didn't pick that up at all.)

Will get a post up asap.

Edited by awayputurwpn

Winded, and knowing that he has little options before the monstrosity sets upon him, Grrawlryyhl goes for a quick disabling strike...

Attacking The Bulk...Backhand Shock Glove style, aiming once : 4eP+2eB+2eD+1eS 6 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-s.png p-s.png p-s-s.png p-s-a.png b--.png b-s.png d-f.png d--.png s--.png

// Well that's no good :) I'll use the single Advantage for another boost die, and that's 12 stun damage. Let me know if you're attacking me this round, and what with... //

Grrawlryyhl's fist makes contact with where he'd previously shot the Nikto in his armor, thinking to compromise what should already be a weak point, but he finds the Bulk to be unyielding. The damage just seems to wash over him.

WT 0/22, ST 2/17, DP 3/0

Edited by awayputurwpn

You forgott one Setback! My Meele Def is 2. (please roll just the missing black dice)

Depending on the out come of the black dice I'll use unamred Parry to reduce the strain damage to 2

I will Attack you with my claws, I guess you will use CD?

Fix for attack on Balk : 1eS 0 successes
s--.png

// Yes, given that a Coordination Dodge is really my only defensive option here, I'll use it. //

The hit of the Wookiee wasn't half bad... compared to a human or any other little creature, but nothing to fred over. With a swift Motion Balk took somepower out of the attack, seeing the power discharge harmlessly dissolves over his armor he realizes that there may be had been a threat to him in this attack. "Cheating again even when starting ta fight lika a men? So dishonourfull, thought ya furballs where all about honour, but may be I was wrong 'bout that. Guess I confused ya with ta Trandoshans!" Then he went into a frenzy attack of his own.

//As mentioned before I use unarmed parry to your attack

For my turn I'll aiming twice since you are already engaged, and using Frenzy attack (total of 3 Strain)

2eA+4eP+2eB+2eD+1eS : 2 successes, 4 advantage [2eA=-, S/S] [4eP=S, -, A/A, S/A] [2eB=-, A/A] [2eD=F, Th] [1eS=F]
a--.png a-s-s.png p-s.png p--.png p-a-a.png p-s-a.png b--.png b-a-a.png d-f.png d-th.png s-f.png

So many positive dice blank... well thanks to your CD this is a total of 0 successes, 4 advantage Hmmm ok...

1 adv. for a boost for myself next round,
2 adv. for a setback for your next check
1 adv. to reduce strain by one.

Since your Backhand Glove has Slow-Fireing-1 you can't use it next round, I'll only use CD if you try something with that tangel gun of yours.//

Well at least he was fast on his feet that wookiee, dodging all those heavy attacks, but Balk started to get into the enemys motions with each hit that missed he went closer towards the wookiees skin, and that flushed him with adrenaline and reliefed some of that anger from falling of the tree...

That shouldn't take to long to hit ya. "Jumping like a lizard monkey, that ya can do!"

//

Wounds: 6/25 Strain: 7/14 DP: 2 W / 1B

// Oh man sorry, I missed your reply, will get something up later on today! //

Grrawlryyhl spins out of the way of the massive fighter, using a brief moment to pull out his gun. His laser sight coordinates with his heads-up display only briefly, giving him one shining moment...

Backing up...LRB autofire attack at short range : 2eP+2eA+1eB+2eD+2eS 2 successes, 3 advantage
p-s-a.png p-a-a.png a-s-s.png a-s.png b-a.png d-f-th.png d--.png s-f.png s--.png

// +1 Advantage from the Bantha's Eye, and that's autofire activated twice for...13 damage, Pierce 1, 3x. I know, even that is like a dent in your wound threshold but it's literally all I've got this round :P //

The wookiee pours as much fire as possible into the armored foe—shots go bouncing every which way, ricocheting off the modified armor plates. Grrawlryyhl grunts and drops his smoking gun to the ground, then puts his fists back up. Still standing, after all that...

WT: 0/22, ST: 4/17, DP: 2 white, 1 black

On 23.3.2018 at 12:07 AM, awayputurwpn said:

// +1 Advantage from the Bantha's Eye, and that's autofire activated twice for...13 damage, Pierce 1, 3x. I know, even that is like a dent in your wound threshold but it's literally all I've got this round :P //

// still ouchie :wacko: 3 times is quite effective.

// I guess you'll use CD again if I attack, won't you? - will wait with my roll until your answer

// I will grab one Stimpack via Pouch-Quickdraw and inject it with my first maneuver. second maneuver (2 strain) to reengage with Grrrrr. Action to hit ya really hrad (I hope).

When The Lighting Bolts of Plasma went over his armor and skin, Balk felt the heat and the pain, that no fighting... thats just using tech... only playing with fancy toys to pretend to be a great Warrior.

"GRRAAAAHHRR!! DAMM YA! You are no Warrior! Ya ar only some kid playing with da fancy toys! All puppiy must learn that dangerous playthings are not for them to use, and ya will learn now!"

Then he realized that his opponent had dropped his gun and raised its arms. "Finaly ready to fight like da grown ups little puppy?"

Quickly he grabed a little stimpack and injected it to himself. "Ok then let's start anew and let's do it right this time!"

Like a hailstorm he went into his enemy.

// Yes indeed I will be using Coordination Dodge against your Brawl :) //

//ok attacking with frenzy attack https://orokos.com/roll/608266

2eA+4eP+1eB+2eD+1eS : 2 successes, 2 advantage [2eA=A, A] [4eP=S/S, S/A, -, S] [1eB=-] [2eD=F/Th, F] [1eS=-]
a-a.png a-a.png p-s-s.png p-s-a.png p--.png p-s.png b--.png d-f-th.png d-f.png s--.png

Arrgggh I have no luck on my dice, your CD cancels out my sucesses.

I'll reduce 2 Strain.

Wounds: 13/25 Strain: 8/14 DP: 1 W / 2B

I will use CD if you attack with your backhand shock glove, your tangel gun or any autofire again.//

He got angrier and angrier, but also somehow happier, as each of his swings missed his target. "Ya Quick Furball! Jump around, didn't know that ya was that flexible!"

If you both keep CD-ing this is gonna take a while.

Grrawlryyhl summons his strength and unleashes once more the fury of his wruushi training, trying sweep his opponent off his feet.

Backhand Shock Glove (aiming) : 4eP+1eB+2eD+2eS 2 successes, 1 threat
p-s.png p-s.png p-s-a.png p--.png b-s-a.png d-f-th.png d-f-th.png s--.png s-th.png

// :huh: //

The wookiee can't land a blow on the nikto. His opponent is dodging every which way.

Grrawlryyhl realizes that they're at an impasse...The Bulk is using a fighting style very similar to his.

<Talk is cheap!> roars the Wookiee. <You call me a cheater, and talk of fancy toys, and yet you wear an impenetrable suit with robotic enhancements.> He gestures with his hands at the impossibly strong suit of armor. <If you want a fair fight, then let's do it fair.> He begins to unstrap his backhand shock glove.

// I made the attack with the shock glove as I felt that's what Grrawlryyhl would have done, but it's difficult to make decisions without being cheap when it's announced ahead of time which attacks will get a Coordination Dodge and which won't :unsure: //

WT: 0/22 ST: 4/17 DP: 2 W / 1 B

Edited by awayputurwpn

//Ok just to Confirm that I interpret you right here: you are willing to go on an honest 1on1 without weapons and armor only our claws and hides (and I gues the belts with the pouches)? If so I am totally willing to do this

since it will take the time for both of us to strip down to the normal clothes/ fur. I will narrate that and then go on with my turn,

BUT evenso Balk isn't the smartest, he won't take of the armor if the danger of hightech weapons is present (which is why I ask if thats what you want to do before narrating!)

Grrawlryyhl kicks his rifle off the platform, it lands several meters below with a loud clatter.

// Yes, no armor or weapons, that is Grrawlryyhl's intention. Shall we do strain recovery and reroll Cool initiative, since it takes several minutes to get out of armor? Or just handwave it? //

15 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

Grrawlryyhl kicks his rifle off the platform, it lands several meters below with a loud clatter.

// Yes, no armor or weapons, that is Grrawlryyhl's intention. Shall we do strain recovery and reroll Cool initiative, since it takes several minutes to get out of armor? Or just handwave it? //

I'd say, we both may take a discipline or Cool check for Strain recovery (to symbolize the time out).

But No new initative (therefore I start with only half my WT already) - Next try is mine!

On 27.3.2018 at 8:49 PM, awayputurwpn said:

2 successes, 1 threat

Oh and this threat here was one additional strain for Grrrr

Discipline check to (hopefully) regain some strain: https://orokos.com/roll/609043

3eA : 2 successes, 2 advantage [3eA=S/S, -, A/A]
a-s-s.png a--.png a-a-a.png

(why do I keep getting so much blanks :huh: )

Well thats 2 strain recovered so I am at 6/14

Will do my attack once you rolled your strain recovery check//

When the Wookiee kicks his rifle of the, Balk is irritated for a split second, then his grim face becomes a smiling one. his voice while full of antipitacion becomes a lot smoother, and so much less angry: "Ah finaly a true warrior! Yeah lets do this the right way!" with some quick movements of his brawny claws he opens his suit. after some minute the suit and his helmet are gone the same way as the suit and the weapons of the wookiee .

He flexes his muscles and takes in a deep breath. "So much more natural! Are you ready?" he takes a stance he didn't use for a long time, the fighting art of a wookiee, that his former teacher always used (ok of a mad wookie since they normaly don't use theire claws but hey, Nikto do, so). Grrawlryyhl will mostlikely recognize it for the most part.

// quick recalculation:

Brawn is now: 5
Soak is 5
Damage of my claws will be 9
No change in WT and ST maximums.
No more defense

Brawl attack is now: GGYYY

Since we are both only able to attack by fist aaah claw I guess it is obvious that we will use CD as long as possible on each other. ^^

...Oh for yoda’s sake, I completely missed that you posted again. Here...

Strain recovery (Discipline) : 1eP+3eA 3 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-s.png a-s.png a--.png a-a.png

// So very sorry to have held you up. I’ll check in daily because I don’t think I’m getting consistent notifications. //

// Will be away for rest of the weekend, will check in on Monday! //

@Nightone you around?