Delve save mid game

By alexbobspoons, in Road to Legend

How do people best do this?

Leave the board set up, photo the board?

I know it's intended as a game in one sitting but don't always have that time. As far as I can tell, at the end of one room, if you save then, you need to preserve the board. But if you enter the next room there is no chance to click the compass thingy and exit/save before the next room is set up and so unless you preserve the board, when you come back to it you lose the setup positions (monsters, tokens, features such as crumbly floor).

So basically am I missing an opportunity to save in between rooms or do you just always have a situation of needing to preserve board state?

Thanks

Edited by alexbobspoons

If you have just completed the conditions to change rooms you don't even need to preserve the board. Don't tell the app to move you to the next stage and simply stop the game at that point. Save the state of all heroes (ziplock bags are good for this) and note the turn position. Next time you play simply tell the app to move you to the next stage, at which point you set up the next area and move on from wherever you left off in the round.

Edited by Proto Persona

I'm not sure, but isn't it the case that if you just complete the conditions, then once it asks you if the heroes are next to the portal you have the yes no choice. At this game window I don't think you can click quit to auto save.

If you click yes it goes to next room and full setup.

But if you click no, doesn't it end that turn and auto save so that when you come back to the game you are at the start of a new turn not the end, and so need to play a full turn before you get the choice of "are all payers by the portal" again?

That extra turn would need the board setup if any monsters are still alive and could affect the outcome.

I'm not certain of this as I've not played delve much yet but this is how I thought it went.

Edited by alexbobspoons

I've tested this out before, and the app will save at the start of a level, just before setup. If you set things up and then exit, it will come back to the beginning and run through setup again.

I believe it will do that even if you have taken some turns already. It's easy to test out with an empty save game, just to be sure.

6 hours ago, DarwinsDog said:

I've tested this out before, and the app will save at the start of a level, just before setup. If you set things up and then exit, it will come back to the beginning and run through setup again.

I believe it will do that even if you have taken some turns already. It's easy to test out with an empty save game, just to be sure.

When I tried that it went through setup again but the random monsters were all different so it didn't really work for me. Maybe I hit it at the wrong time.

17 hours ago, alexbobspoons said:

When I tried that it went through setup again but the random monsters were all different so it didn't really work for me. Maybe I hit it at the wrong time.

That could be. I only tried once and the monsters were the same, but that could have been luck of the draw. I think one of the groups in that scenario was fixed, so there's that too.