Some LED work

By Khyros, in Star Wars: Armada Painting and Modification

54 minutes ago, Incytatus said:

shine with some illumination.

:D

Wow this is amazing. LED work like this is way harder than it looks. I tried some. Failed utterly.

11 hours ago, Hrathen said:

Wow this is amazing. LED work like this is way harder than it looks. I tried some. Failed utterly.

Thanks man. I'd be happy to work with you and give you some suggestions if you're still interested in making it work.

Finished this piece up just in time to make someone's Christmas special.

Finally finished up the Liberty last night. VSD is done just awaiting pictures.

Finished up a VSD and a second ISD today.

Productive weekend. I even managed to start and finish an Assault Frigate. The ship is so ugly that it's kinda cute, and it's quickly becoming one of my favorite projects.

I'm putting together a how-to light up an ISD video series if anyone is interested.

Straight up incredible man. I always tell myself I need to learn to do LED stuff like this.

This is purely amazing!

On 1/27/2018 at 6:41 PM, Truthiness said:

Straight up incredible man. I always tell myself I need to learn to do LED stuff like this.

On 1/27/2018 at 9:31 PM, Crabbok said:

This is purely amazing!

Thanks guys, I always appreciate the feedback. Truthiness, if you're interested in undertaking it yourself, I walk through my process on my facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/LEDHangar/ - but also feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions.

Whipped this together the other day. It was part of a Mini Market order to get me over $100, and I was idlying playing with it while watching TV, and it soon found itself in 4 pieces... It's far from perfect, but I'm pretty sure I learned how to do the rest of them much better.

Finished up another ISD last night. The next few that I'll do will be Chimaera ISDs, so that'll be exciting.

Duh... an Armada ship with LED works :P An Arq or a Neb-B perhaps...

5 hours ago, Norell said:

At sone point I plan on doing an Arq.. at some point.. the Neb-B.. eh, a lot of work for a faction I don't play, but if someone orders one, I'll work on it.

On 2/9/2018 at 1:28 PM, Norell said:

On 2/9/2018 at 7:15 PM, Khyros said:

At sone point I plan on doing an Arq.. at some point.. the Neb-B.. eh, a lot of work for a faction I don't play, but if someone orders one, I'll work on it.

Haha, of course as I say that I get an order for the Nebulon-B :)

I'm looking forward to see it ;)

Edited by Norell

Dude... just... wow! Amazing work!

Now, let's see how good you REALLY are... give engine glows to the squadrons :D

4 hours ago, Kehl_Aecea said:

Dude... just... wow! Amazing work!

Now, let's see how good you REALLY are... give engine glows to the squadrons :D

No no no you gotta specify the squadron or he will do one of those new mandalorian fighters that are just as big as a gozanti ;)

Give engine glows to X wings and we will praise your name for centuries ^_^

X-wings would be child's play!

TIE Fighters. Let's see it!

30 minutes ago, Kehl_Aecea said:

X-wings would be child's play!

TIE Fighters. Let's see it!

Haha, would you be surprised if I said that was being discussed? Though I think I'm likely to settle on lighting the stand instead.

12 hours ago, Khyros said:

Haha, would you be surprised if I said that was being discussed? Though I think I'm likely to settle on lighting the stand instead.

Pffft... what a cop out! SLACKER!

Joking aside, your work is incredible and as an avid X-wing fan and recent Armada owner (as in I just bought one of everything), I may have to at least light up the engines on my ships! Thanks for the inspiration.

Here's a change of pace. Instead of doing an Imperial Star Destroyer, I got to do a Chimaera Imperial Star Destroyer! I have one more ISD in the queue, and then I get to work on other things, like a VSD (and the CR90 and Neb-B. Go go core set!). I'm still up in the air on whether I like the light box or not. On the one hand, it puts the focus on the ship well, but on the other hand, I feel like the lights get kinda washed out.

Khyros, I was going through the thread with my brother, and he was fawning over your work when he asked if he could get one, so I figured I’d ask for him.

Edited by player2454571
19 minutes ago, player2454571 said:

Khyros, I was going through the thread with my brother, and he was fawning over your work when he asked if he could get one, so I figured I’d ask for him.

Indeed. I primarily take commissions out of my Etsy store, but if you want to PM me we can talk here if you prefer.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ledhangar