Imperial Assault Printable Skirmish Map Project

By nickv2002, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

On 9/9/2019 at 5:03 PM, luclid said:

Don't know if it's just me, but PVC and a lot of stuff on Printi is unavailable. So I was wondering if people changed where they printed their maps or the material.

We used to use PixartPringing, but they sold their US based business to Printi. However, i sent their support a message the other day, and they said they ship to the US now. I haven't looked into what those shipping costs would be, but might be looking into again.

Perhaps Redditor IA_MAP_CREATOR is on here as well, but they created this map builder. I'm not sure how easy it is to add tiles, like what @Fourtytwo created, but seems pretty easy to create maps!

On 8/16/2019 at 8:29 PM, Fourtytwo said:

..., but I've continued working on it and will finish it. I've already built my own custom 4-player-skirmish-map from scans of original tiles..

This map looks really interesting. Do you have any missions for it or maybe just location for doors, terminals ect? Perhaps I’ve missed a separate thread for this thing?

thx!

Hello! I just made a recreation of the new raid The Gray Cap Cantina.

The only problem is that i'm missing a piece 03B from twin shadows.

I used, one from IA MAP EDITOR , and although I think it looks quite good, I would like it, if it were the same quality and desing as the one tha Nick 2002 used it his skirmish maps (because those are the ones I used for every single other tile.

Well, hope this helps.

Raid-2.jpg

Nice! This is cool!

Exactly what I'm looking for mate. Living in China and I left some key tiles back in the States. Is a fuller image possible or is that max resolution?

3 hours ago, Ajax Romano said:

Exactly what I'm looking for mate. Living in China and I left some key tiles back in the States. Is a fuller image possible or is that max resolution?

Hello, I'm still working on it. By the end of the week, I think I'll be done with the full image. And thank for the support.

Thanks to @El_Lalotreto 's hard work we have great version of The Gray Cap Cantina (Raid 2) .

Raid_02-halfres.jpg

I've added a new Raid map table to the project homepage where you can find the full 300-DPI version . If anyone wants to work on making The Malastarian Outpost (Raid 1) let me know, I'm happy to share access to the scans of all the tiles cleaned up. Thanks to everyone for their continued interest and support.

Hi all,

that is acutally my third post I am writing since my first two are not showing up (maybe I misclicked somewhere or what ever or an admin keeps deleting my posts?). If the first two show up sorry for double/tripple post. But it's a couple days and they are not here yet.

First of all I wanted to say thank to everyone who is involved in this projekt. I really like that work.

And my question is on how to exactly print these files. On this page https://github.com/nickv2002/Imperial-Assault-Skirmish-Map-Project I found severl maps I'd like to print however these have sometimes different pixel sizes.

So I wonder what I must to in order to print these and still have the needed size of every tile like in real. I would imagine that if I just print it how it comes it will not be the needed size. I only found this hint:

Print TournamentRotationUscruTarkinLothal_1.pdf at 53.3333333333 inches wide by 24.0 inches tall (135.466666667 by 60.96 cm)

But this just refers to a .pdf and some of the maps and not all (like I said the pixel ration is slightly different of most maps.

Can you help me out? Thanks all.

5 hours ago, Rudinius said:

But this just refers to a .pdf and some of the maps and not all (like I said the pixel ration is slightly different of most maps.

Can you help me out? Thanks all.

I've pre-generated PDF strips of maps for each wave (along with some other useful groupings) on the site with instructions that you found on what size to print them at (you quoted an example for TournamentRotationUscruTarkinLothal_1.pdf). If you'd like to build your own PDF strips there's a Python tool to do that. @wannabepudge wrote some tips on how to run it here:

Edited by nickv2002

Thanks to more great work by @El_Lalotreto 's hard work we have have a printable version of: The Malastarian Outpost (Raid 1) .

Raid_01-halfres.jpg?raw=true

I've added a new Raid map table to the project homepage where you can find the full 300-DPI version along with a printable PDF of both Raid maps together. I think we've cataloged all the official maps for now! Thanks to everyone for their continued interest and support.

PS: if anyone has recommendations for print shops to replace Printi (which doesn't offer PVC banner printing anymore), drop a comment here. Thanks!

Here it is - my updated custom-created skirmish map and first custom skirmish mission for Imperial Assault. The file for the map is scaled to be printed at a resolution of 200dpi on neopren gaming mat material, which will result in a map 26"x26" in size like the official skirmish mats for Imperial Assault. If you want to print the map yourself for your games, feel free to do so, as long as credit is given.

I've placed an online order for the file to be printed as a neopren gaming mat myself to see how the final product will look in the flesh. Here's the map file, and below the map you will find the rules for the first custom skirmish mission for this map:

14719129-5f1f209799fbe-5f1f209799fc0Mala

Skirmish Mission: Knowledge is Power

Skirmish Map: Sith Temple

Setup: Place a token representing the Sith Holocron at the center of the tile in the upper left corner of the map where the 4 spaces designated as difficult ground meet, as indicated on the setup for the Sith Temple map. Doors are locked. Remove all doors the first time a figure claims the Sith Holocron.

A figure can claim the Sith Holocron as an interact when it is in or adjacent to a space with the Sith Holocron and the Holocron is not currently claimed by another figure. Place the token on the figure's base or on its deployment card if it is a deployment group with a single figure to indicate the Holocron is claimed. When a figure currently claiming the Holocron is defeated, place the token in the space last occupied by the defeated figure. If that space is impassable terrain, the player controlling the defeated figure places the token in an adjacent space which is not impassable terrain. At the end of a round, a figure claiming the Sith Holocron gains 2 VPs.

As an interact, a figure claiming the Sith Holocron can place it on the obelisk emitting lightning at the centre of the large tile where the 4 central spaces meet and immediately gain 4 VPs. If the figure is a Force User, he gains 8 VPs.

28885692-5f1f209f9f766-5f1f209f9f767Mala

Only a Force-User can claim the Holocron from the obelisk. When the Sith Holocron is placed on the obelisk, a Force User controlling it can use a special action to choose a hostile figure on the map and roll 1 red die. If the Force User belongs to the Rebel faction, she must pay 2 VPs to do so. The chosen figure suffers damage equal to the rolled damage results.

Edited by Fourtytwo

@ Fourtytwo Thank you! This looks uber awesome. Looking forward to printing.

Can you please edit your post to include a download link and a lower resolution image as it takes a long time to load in the forum post at full scale.

I've started working on custom tiles with imperial architecture, which I plan to put together to form a new custom skirmish map representing an imperial flight academy. Here's the first example of a finished tile - a hangar section. All graphical elements are created by myself. The TIE fighter is based on a photograph of Bandai's 1/72 scale TIE fighter model kit, doctored up to make it clean. I'm also making sure these new imperial tiles will be compatible with the official ones by making the doorway-connections the same.

97013096-HangarComposited001.png

Here's a variant of the hangar from my previous post with ambient lighting - the evening sun shining through the hangar opening. Please tell me which one you prefer - I like this one better because it brings some variety to the otherwise cold white interior light of imperial facilities.

45241625-HangarComposited001-AmbientLigh

@Fourtytwo the tile looks great. I prefer the clean look of one. While the sun detail may look cool on a computer screen such colouring makes a print looks like it is fading

@Fourtytwo Clean one for sure. It matches the lighting on the rest of the tiles of that type much better.

Work on my completely custom-created imperial tiles is making good progress. I'm slowly but steadily adding to my ever-growing library of graphics assets. I've finished all tiles required for connecting rooms and other tiles now, some of them even with some variations to choose from. I've also increased the size of the hangar by one row of spaces, which makes it look much more satisfying (an alternative with clean cold-white lighting also exists). All elements which you can see exist as individual elements - floors, walls, doorways, wall details, lighting, even the light-reflections on the floors. This allows me to easily re-arrange, alter and combine different elements to create new visuals. I'm constantly in the process of creating new elements - like the control terminals or the new wall texture you can see in the two work-in-progress-pictures below.

I'm basing all graphics on reference material from the movies and the shows - official renders of digital sets for REBELS have proven to be an eye-opener on structures, details and colours.

More is to come!

Imperial_Architecture_Preview2X.png.903f

2133261765_ImperialArchitecturePreview3T

1734739168_ImperialArchitecturePreview4L

Edited by Fourtytwo

The first 4 rooms are finished. Now I have to create some smaller 2x3, 3x3 and 3x4 ones with varying arrangements of exits.

RoomTiles_Preview.png.399ca2157c3f0773bd

Edited by Fourtytwo
5 hours ago, Fourtytwo said:

The first 4 rooms are finished. Now I have to create some smaller 2x3, 3x3 and 3x4 ones with varying arrangements of exits.

RoomTiles_Preview.png.399ca2157c3f0773bd

these would be great for a scarif themed skirmish map.