Showcase : Jumpmaster 5000

By NilsTillander, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Original JM5K from FFG article ( https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/3/14/reports-from-the-docking-bay/ ) :

punishing-one-600px.gif

Back to showcase Index!

Hei!

So I know everybody loves to hate it, but then also everybody has like 3 of them, so I'm guessing there's plenty of repaint of the JM5K out there! Also, I couldn't find a showcase topic for it, so I took it upon myself to make this one ^^

Anyways, I'm a super noob painter, but here's my white and gold, stolen and dirty parade JM5K!

ParadeJM5K.jpeg

Edited by NilsTillander
Added link to index and Unpainted gif

I will take a better photo at some point later (I am very bad at following through on these promises to post things later, so if it doesn't happen...you've been warned) but here's my repaint, currently borrowing the turret from the VCX-100 but that's just cause I have them magnetized and switchable (they also magnetize to the side of one of my G1a Starfighters).

q6Eld29.jpg

And here is my JumpMaster 5000's turret, mounted onto the VCX-100:

IHx0V3S.jpg

Manaroo, or more commonly Dengar these days.

8tFpWvAl.jpg

Complete with mobile turret and Unhinged Astromech.

Here's mine :D

BCD3B806-BBF0-4FE4-8429-B52CA814E5B2.jpg

Just repainted my jumpmasters

jumpmasters1_zpsbk8chjlr.jpg

Love those dial covers.

Kept these ones simple. I only have a nice picture of one of them. 26101276635_5f018c42bf_c.jpg

hMXUafP.jpg

Edited by Polda

Me: *Looks at board state.*

Me: "LOL, poor HWK."

Me: *Goes to close tab.*

Me: *Looks at board state again.*

Me: "What the...did that contracted Scout use a burnout slam followed by advanced slam to cluster mine the HWK?!?!"

1 hour ago, ZealuxMyr said:

Me: *Looks at board state.*

Me: "LOL, poor HWK."

Me: *Goes to close tab.*

Me: *Looks at board state again.*

Me: "What the...did that contracted Scout use a burnout slam followed by advanced slam to cluster mine the HWK?!?!"

Yup. AND YES I ALSO PLAY TRIPLE K-WINGS, DON'T JUDGE ME! :D We have an unhittable ace-heavy meta to this day...

Edited by Polda
7 minutes ago, Polda said:

I ALSO PLAY TRIPLE K-WINGS, DON'T JUDGE ME! :D

I am judging you positively, who wouldn't want to fly Triple K-Wings???

m09SXIhl.jpg

qnFOSzhl.jpg

aEFP6o4l.jpg

iMAnHqol.jpg

zlvIfN3l.jpg

MzaiTjxl.jpg

Edited by Vindicare101

Just the one. It was fun to paint, though, I'm going to get another sooner or later.

8VAp5Kb.jpg

w7HbBmU.jpg

MtrF6mm.jpg

These look awesome guys; I love repaints.

Still the ship's OP and most hate the ship stats and maneuver dial; but play the d*** things anyway; like me....but you guys made quite a gang-ly and unattractive ship look cool; congrats!! :-)

16 hours ago, clanofwolves said:

These look awesome guys; I love repaints.

Still the ship's OP and most hate the ship stats and maneuver dial; but play the d*** things anyway; like me....but you guys made quite a gang-ly and unattractive ship look cool; congrats!! :-)

You don't give up do you? :D

1 hour ago, Polda said:

You don't give up do you? :D

Haha, how can you not?

It's akin to being a baseball team owner a few years ago; everyone knows your star player takes steroids, but he wins you games. You tried for a while to defend his claims that he doesn't do it, but everyone knows. But you're winning; other teams players do it too....so? We all throw good after bad and play him until no one else can have one either; when the lights and cameras are on us, honor and fairness don't measure up to our pride.

The Ship every body on the general X-wing forum loves to hate :D

Well I like it..............just didn't like the way it looked !

soon sorted that out.

L3Hmxu.jpg

ZMPsqP.jpg

yYkOSx.jpg

NksfTC.jpg

All the best,

Barry.

LED...

5qNdQuz.jpg cEq0OdL.jpg

Really love the gradient effect and light sources on this one. Good work!

This ship got neutered in my opinion, but hey, they can always give it some love some time down the line.

swz51_ship-art.png

An oldie but a goodie

8F72AE6A-FB58-458D-825C-7BBE8C100368.jpeg

2565D260-231C-4C0F-8326-96D389EE3EE4.jpeg

B96AE75D-DCBC-49B3-A26C-046A788EA0B3.jpeg

I only ever had the one. And since the supernerf, I don't see myself picking up any more. I have put it on the table a couple times in 2.0, though.

zqwxncw.jpg

Manaroo? Banana-Roo! 

IMG-1148.jpg
 IMG-1149.jpg

Another Jumpmaster. 

IMG-1150.jpg
 IMG-1152.jpg