At a shipyard near you!

By Kaashifar, in Star Wars: Armada Painting and Modification

My background before Armada is in hexmaps and cardboard unit markers, not miniatures, and I can honestly say seeing these pictures is the first time ever I wished I could paint something. Those MC80s - both the Home one and the Liberty - is extraordinary, and unlike a lot of beautiful color schemes in Armada, they don't feel out of place at all.

On 9/8/2020 at 5:55 PM, Indecisive Mogwai said:

My background before Armada is in hexmaps and cardboard unit markers, not miniatures, and I can honestly say seeing these pictures is the first time ever I wished I could paint something. Those MC80s - both the Home one and the Liberty - is extraordinary, and unlike a lot of beautiful color schemes in Armada, they don't feel out of place at all.

Wow! Thank you so much for such kind words! And in all honesty i think most anyone can pull this off. I'll make a tutorial for the next one!

On 9/8/2020 at 1:59 PM, Kaashifar said:

Thank you! Yes they are! I have another one primed and ready to go, debating my options... my friend suggested a Fire&Ice duo haha

In Legends, I believe I recall reading that the nodes or "bumps" on larger MC ships were themselves mobile spaceships. I've always wanted to see a version where the nodes don't match the paint scheme of the larger hull, to indicate that they are transplants from another ship. (For example, if the MC80 is blue, perhaps a couple of the nodes could be brown or tan.)

HclN0RrbtWCofGfnrF2F1KR1RRBUAFNhr0xs7csb

Edited by Rmcarrier1
I was right! I found a visual reference.
3 hours ago, Rmcarrier1 said:

In Legends, I believe I recall reading that the nodes or "bumps" on larger MC ships were themselves mobile spaceships. I've always wanted to see a version where the nodes don't match the paint scheme of the larger hull, to indicate that they are transplants from another ship. (For example, if the MC80 is blue, perhaps a couple of the nodes could be brown or tan.)

What is the source of that image? Thanks!

1 hour ago, thestag said:

What is the source of that image? Thanks!

One of the many Star Wars: Incredible Cross-Sections books released over the years (for example, Star Wars: Complete Vehicles ). Note that Lucasfilm is releasing an updated version , featuring the complete Skywalker Saga, in November of this year.

b3485312dd545acf2fcce624fa7f0a36.jpg

Not mine but it seems to be somewhat what you had in mind? (Original artist's post:

I like the idea!!

On 9/22/2020 at 2:05 PM, Rmcarrier1 said:

Edited by Kaashifar
48 minutes ago, Kaashifar said:

I like the idea!!

Me too. Looks good!

October Blue on the hunt

FB_IMG_1602688053597.jpg

FB_IMG_1602688058518.jpg

New Squadrons reporting for duty

l7k7hjfkr3w51.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg

bulwxlkn8gv51.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg

1zr7ygen8gv51.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg

Edited by Kaashifar

great painting, except it's a bit unhealthy for so many rebel squadrons to be that close to a raider 😄

wish I could paint thus

Too much?

HiuLKA6.jpg

Edited by Kaashifar
On 11/1/2020 at 7:07 AM, Kaashifar said:

Too much?

Heck no, looks great!

Kanan Jarrus' Hwk 290 with cloak keyword

vtqu5q9skww51.jpg?width=1352&format=pjpg

qo1kq7bskww51.jpg?width=1352&format=pjpg

7pw3mbcskww51.jpg?width=1352&format=pjpg

Nice idea!

30 minutes ago, Aahz 1 said:

Nice idea!

Thanks! haven't seen it done yet thought it'd be original!!

Here's the whole family together

rew8zmhep1x51.jpg

Mandalorians everywhere!

Work in progress on my first gauntlet

3g5zo3ohw3y51.jpg

The pair of Gauntlet fighters is done and ready for Clone Wars!

hf0pngx5z0z51.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg

39mvne36z0z51.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg

0y8oeok6z0z51.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg

2vdqwyq6z0z51.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg

A Decimator decided to steal Darth Maul's paint job..

ytuul89a0mz51.jpg

v9j4rk9x1vz51.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg

m60lwirx1vz51.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg

As written on Reddit- I love the striped ones. Of course, that's more of a personal preference, but they just feel like believable in-world military units, especially imperial ones.

6 hours ago, TheWampa said:

As written on Reddit- I love the striped ones. Of course, that's more of a personal preference, but they just feel like believable in-world military units, especially imperial ones.

Thank you! Yeah the more colorful ones I wasn't sure about but I figured I'd roll with it. So far I've only scrapped one single squad as completely unsalvageable haha I try to typically roll with it 🤷‍♂️ 😁 but yeah some ... Interesting things ensue haha

The Punishing pair

p3bprcqzhh061.jpg?width=2827&format=pjpg

hn4p2wuzhh061.jpg?width=3121&format=pjpg

On 11/17/2020 at 1:07 PM, Kaashifar said:

These look incredible. Wow.

On 11/19/2020 at 12:57 AM, Kaashifar said:

Thank you! Yeah the more colorful ones I wasn't sure about but I figured I'd roll with it. So far I've only scrapped one single squad as completely unsalvageable haha I try to typically roll with it 🤷‍♂️ 😁 but yeah some ... Interesting things ensue haha

That's the nice thing about acrylic paints: sometimes it takes a bit of try and error to "understand" a model, sometimes "good ideas" have awful results. Worst case this means "into the alcohol vat it goes" :)