Jailbird and the Desperatos IC

By TheShard, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Dex is wary, but also weary of the hunt. Picking up the pace, he follows their new guide through the winding dusty streets, glancing back to see if their tail is still with them.

Try to keep up; we should be to the shop soon. Any idea why anyone would be following your group? Daska asks as if he's known everyone for quite some time, even though he doesn't even know their names yet. He slows down after making a few more turns, losing the tail as if doing so was regular event; as natural walking home from work in this town. It should be safe for now for a couple questions before we arrive. What business do you have with the Jawa? I must confess that I just met the him not long ago myself.

Edited by TheGuardian118
Typo

"For your first question I have a variety of ideas as to why someone might be following us, but I'm not sure which one of those reasons is the right one. Your second is an important question, however before I answer it I have one of my own, why were you following us, who do you work for?" Caess said casually as the group continues walking towards their destination, still looking out for their tail, while keeping an eye on the newcomer talking with them.

I wasn't following you exactly; I was waiting for you. You've been expected for some time now. I'm not working for someone per say; more like with. I approached the Jawa we are meeting and offered to facilitate bringing you to him. He has a job for you as you are aware of. I simply hope to be of use while we complete this task. Once the job is completed I don't have any permanent ties to him. Daska answers cryptically.

"Then you should know that we were told that he needed transportation, so I suggest that we continue onwards, I don't plan to spend my entire life on this dust ball." Caess replied, quite done with this planet.

Meandering through a handful more streets, Daska leads the group to a small alley that has a couple shops. At the end, it opens up into a repair yard and the storefront reads "Zamf's Repair and General Store." Ah, here we are. Our host has some goods if you need to purchase some basic supplies, but once you're ready we should head to the back room for some privacy. When you are talking to him, make sure you are talking to him, and not his little friend. He doesn't take kindly to that, even though he's already agreed to help out.

Dex enters the shop. Anyone who has ever heard of a Jawa, knows at least the one word in their native tongue- he uses it to greet the diminutive fellow, and immediately regrets it.

"Dran! Utinni! How's it hangin'?"

Dex has the distinct impression that the Jawa wants to shoot him. He reaches down to extend a hand, nonetheless, peering into the cowled visage.

"Dex Stryker, pilot extraordinaire."

The diminutive creature climbs from behind a pile of scrap and glares at Dex and chitters at him like a rabid squirrel. Before tapping at a droid sumerged in an oil bath. A primitive astromech with a protocol droid head welded on top rises from the black goop and starts to flicker and stir.

”Greetings, I presume you are Sir Erra-Dran's taxi service?

Edited by TheShard

Even the frekkin' droids on this rock have been decraniated, or recraniated, or..?

Dex bows low. "At your service, Sir." Sooner the better!

His is ready to depart at your earliest convenience.

"Alright then lets head to the spaceport." Caess said, turning to walk towards the door.

Dex follows. I guess we'll find out if we managed to shake that tail..

"So.. Sir.. Is that part of your name, or is it actually a title..? Wait! You fancy yourself some kind of knight?"

Walking as you talk...

Well he is in fact! He descends from a long line of jawa nobility. Hid cousin twice removed is considered Lord over the Eastern Expense and all of that scrap that falls within that territory. However a dispute with the most farmers has distabilized the old feudal system. So the family and power hierarchy is currently in flux.

Dex listens to the Jawa's story as they go, wondering if the peculiar noble is truly so loquacious, or the overzealous proto-mech just likes the sound of its own voice.

Arriving back at the hangar, Dex remembers the Skyhoppers inside, and regrets he will probably miss his opportunity to thread the needle with the kid. Beggar's Canyon did sound like fun!

"Cue-ball, report. Everything five-by-five?"

The Hijinks ended (for now) and with the sun literally setting on their mission to recover a wayward mechanic, the crew boards the stolen shuttle and leaves. Soon familiar streeks of light extend and the ship is momentarily safe in hyperspace.

As you travel to the rendezvous coordinates a few things roll around in your minds.

The cyborg abominations and their twisted creator you encountered and the suprise mission he suckered you into my accepting.

What do you do with the last hour before your meet up?

Edited by TheShard

Daska spends his last hour meditating in preparation for what's to come. It's been a while since I've been offworld. Lets hope I'm not too rusty.

"No, no, remember that we need to get in too." Caess chided ω1, and the droid responded with a few disgruntled beeps, followed by another suggestion the translation of which popped up on the screen, Caess read it, ignoring the first part of the droids message as it was not constructive, Caess responded "That sounds much better, lets do that."

As Caess begins to re-encrypt the computer he stubbles upon a piece of fragmented data.

You can read only a few "uncorrupted" lines.

5✓[6fcc''has been akssure!;d5-. We are doubling production to meet thexjo ne°=w dea+ddffline, howe°ver we require m✓ore }\\=^labor.&$4!!!'5fiOoour πsSuppl;-+y chain is a:;;7 choke point, we need to diversify aqusitio*-ns of qu~al^ity duraste∆∆el manufact`||[urin%g, 5+-;:'h'"+)eavy forg¶ing, a∆°ndD 9high q(uali776ddzty Ky"be&(?*r Cccccrys6+(tal¡11s.

k

..{.. S°°ee yyy^yy

Ds-1|

Without further work its all you manage to pull up.

"Omega one, can you save this file for later? I don't think we'll be able to fully analyze it before our rendezvous." Caess asked the droid, intrigued by the mysterious file.

You arrive at the designated coordinates and a large freighter emerged from the nearby asteriod field. Your com's go off as it's signing you.

Dex acknowledges the com, and opens the channel. "Hey, fellas. How ya wanna do this?"

"Docking I suppose..." A familiar Ithorian smiles though the coms.

The freighter angles to present it's side port.

"I'll come aboard to finish the final reboot of your transponder, with the help of my friend... You did find them yes?"

"Indeed we did, They're aboard safe and sound. How long do you think this final reboot will take? Caess responded.

"Quickly... Just a couple tics on the chronometer..."

Edited by TheShard