Organized Play info available

By JerusalemJones, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

Looks like Paul has spelled out the start of the 2009 OP system -- even if he keeps calling us the Knight's Watch (which bugs me, alot).

The Hedge tournaments we're completely spelled out, and he refers to Classic events at one point, but I guess it is safe to assume (at least at this point) that LCG and Legacy (aka Classic Highlander) are still the only approved formats.

The last I checked, we still cannot actually sign up for GoT events on the Op page (which looks like it is still part of the "old" web format), so we also don't know how many Hedge events we can run each month. But, we are closer to OP than at any other point in the last year, and I am looking forward to registering for and hosting these events.

Here's the website link, in case you missed it: http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=285

Jan 7th baby!!

yeah, 'knight's watch' irks the crap out of me too.

The misnaming/spelling of the Night's Watch is just ghastly. Really, If I was brand new, looking into this game because I was a fan of the books and I read that, it would pretty much end my inquiry.

Er, that article does need some polish, as some of the links in it are absent, wrong, or take you to a page with no info.

What makes me a little sad is that with Neutral Ground closing in NYC, I don't think I'll be able to realistically participate since there isn't another brick-n-mortar game shop I have access to that carries AGoT that I'm aware of, so won't be able to satisfy the requirement. I doubt I would have been able to do all of the tournament activities, but it would have been nice to do them occasionally since I expect some of the fellows I play with would have been interested in doing them as well.

Wow, that article really wasn't ready for prime time -- very poorly done. Does anyone have an actual link to the Regional Championships site?

*very poorly done.... much like these unthinkably horrible new forums

LetsGoRed said:

What makes me a little sad is that with Neutral Ground closing in NYC, I don't think I'll be able to realistically participate since there isn't another brick-n-mortar game shop I have access to that carries AGoT that I'm aware of, so won't be able to satisfy the requirement. I doubt I would have been able to do all of the tournament activities, but it would have been nice to do them occasionally since I expect some of the fellows I play with would have been interested in doing them as well.

each store can order 2 kits so maybe Stag can get two for the L.I. store and bring one over to you guys.

So it looks like we're still going to have promos along with a ton of other loot being handed out with the story line events.

Please, please, please tell me there will be a way for those who are cold and lonely without metas to get their hands on this stuff (other than ebay).

Deathjester26 said:

Please, please, please tell me there will be a way for those who are cold and lonely without metas to get their hands on this stuff (other than ebay).

Which brings up a point here: The deadline for signup for league creation is Dec. 29th. Is 18 days, over the Christmas holiday, enough time to get commitments and launch a league, especially if it involves finding new players and enticing back the disillusioned?

FFG Paul is being responsive; page has been cleaned up to fix Knight's/Night's and the link to the Regionals page is corrected. Although I must point out that the Regionals page is remiss in failing to mention Black Friday. :-)

LetsGoRed said:

page has been cleaned up to fix Knight's/Night's

I wonder if my obnoxious post in the support thread had any impact on that :P

LetsGoRed said:

Er, that article does need some polish, as some of the links in it are absent, wrong, or take you to a page with no info.

Wow, that's the first I head about Neutral Ground shutting down--I was looking forward to spending more time there once I move to NYC in another year and a half.

So am I the only one that, despite the errors, is actually a bit jazzed up about tournaments and the like again? Sure, the cardpool blows, but we've got a store totally willing to support the game down here, and it looks like we should be able to stay busy with all manner of tournaments.

Aside from the (as usual) Standard/LCG thing, the only thing that bothers me is what is likely to be the turnaround time on the story line related cards. If the final points and decisions for those won't be made until the end of the 2009 season, we likely won't see those cards for another six months at least from then. So we're looking at what, a possible 18 months from now? It's kinda tough to get really excited about that.

Definitely agree...

even if the story line thing could be fun, if we had not to wait a lot of time...

I'd add that the thing I do not understand is the Fourth Campaign...What's the sense in giving a powerful/broken card to the house that is already strong?

Kennon said:

So am I the only one that, despite the errors, is actually a bit jazzed up about tournaments and the like again? Sure, the cardpool blows, but we've got a store totally willing to support the game down here, and it looks like we should be able to stay busy with all manner of tournaments.

Oh, I'm jazzed up. I just have nothing to do, or no where to go with all my jazziness.

Kennon said:

Aside from the (as usual) Standard/LCG thing, the only thing that bothers me is what is likely to be the turnaround time on the story line related cards. If the final points and decisions for those won't be made until the end of the 2009 season, we likely won't see those cards for another six months at least from then. So we're looking at what, a possible 18 months from now? It's kinda tough to get really excited about that.

Oh, I'm totally Jazzed! Super JAzzed, in fact.

As for the card choices, I'm willing to bet that the cards are already designed, and that when the first league ends at the end of February, they'll throw the winning cards into the set database for the late 2009 set. The next two leagues will probably be part of the early 2010 sets, and so forth.

As for promo cards, I'm willing to bet promos wil be something that will appear in a later Chapter Pack.

Kennon said:

So am I the only one that, despite the errors, is actually a bit jazzed up about tournaments and the like again? Sure, the cardpool blows ...

i like most of it. only this thing about having the players decide about the direcion of future storylines doesnt convince me.

most importnat; there finally IS a OP program. that shows, that there is a future for AGOT tournament play as well.

Right it´s good to have finally a OP program, well i don´t care about needles and pins and deciding about future storylines, but the announcement about future promo cards sounded interesting.

I have re-signed up as a Night's Watch member again but have not received confirmation as of yet on the approved status. Hopefully it comes soon so I can register my local store as a venue in preparation for the storyline tourneys starting in January!

jscifert said:

I have re-signed up as a Night's Watch member again but have not received confirmation as of yet on the approved status. Hopefully it comes soon so I can register my local store as a venue in preparation for the storyline tourneys starting in January!

I have also re-applied as Night's Watch and have not been approved yet. has anybody signed up and been approved this week or last week?

Thank goodness the link to the article is in this thread. Now that the main article has rotated off the home page, how else are we supposed to find the links to get to the OP site?

Or am I just missing something?

Deathjester26 said:

Thank goodness the link to the article is in this thread. Now that the main article has rotated off the home page, how else are we supposed to find the links to get to the OP site?

Or am I just missing something?

NM. I found it stuffed away on page whatever in the archives.

Has anyone have his form approved?

I have mine pending for some days and I don´t know if it´s that it has been denied or still being studied.

Thanks

Yeah, I'm pending as well. Ironic. i wonder if it is revenge for being the first to point out Knight's Watch?