Showcase: B-wing

By Piscopas, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Just added to my fleet: Popper aboard the Filthy Varlet.

gf1q8Cf.jpg

Edited by Force Majeure

sorry @Force Majeure that is all I have done so far except for a n'druu shaluk re-paint

Here's another one: call-sign Tip-Toe. He seems to bee good at missing every bomb laid before him.

sdIKgNa.jpg

Edited by Force Majeure

SphN8NO.jpg?1

The B-wing Prototype from Rebels. The ship rotates on the peg. The cockpit spins and the wings fold.

As a result it feels fragile as f**k. :D

26784389124_b6c4fca79a_c.jpg

25440456602_da0d575d40_c.jpg

Edited by Polda

That gold cockpit!

Great looking ship all around.

On 6/12/2017 at 7:25 PM, Force Majeure said:

That gold cockpit!

Great looking ship all around.

I also tried painting some B-Wings red, with white lines and a yellow line on one of the ridges behind the cockpit. Then blue effect on the cockpit. As a result they LOOK LIKE FIRE ENGINES :D. Which I only realized later.

All right people - here are the accidental fire engine B-Wings :D

h8xkKKF.jpg

l2ZWvSa.jpg

1 hour ago, Polda said:

I don't get a fire engine vibe - even after your suggestion of it.

They look great!

@Polda what did you use to cut the wings off? When I tried I just ruined that piece of the model :(

On 15.6.2017 at 10:26 PM, Polda said:

h8xkKKF.jpg

l2ZWvSa.jpg

Those look stunning!

But, where are the blinking lights? Consider a siren mod obligatory. ?

EDIT: Inspired me to do a police TIE Interceptor and a SWAT TIE Shuttle someday.

Edited by SOLAR FLARE
12 hours ago, nitrobenz said:

@Polda what did you use to cut the wings off? When I tried I just ruined that piece of the model :(

Just one of those knives you can break bits of whatever it is called in English. You need to pull the top and bottom halves of the model apart first. The wings are slotted in the middle between the two pieces. Put it in the freezer for a while, the superglue should crack before the plastic does.

http://www.rule37.net/2014/12/x-wing-showcase-dagger-squadron-b-wing.html

(Looking for this link made me want to punch pinterest right in the c*ck. What a useless piece of s... search result spam.}

Edited by Polda

Awesome, thanks @Polda :)

Rebels Prototype B-Wing

z42jfFD.jpg

15pPo4E.jpg

NeZVgxa.jpg

The B6 Prototype, a.k.a. the Bladewing:

PK0i7vy.jpg

I see the infamous incomplete mining guild TIEs @ZealuxMyr , otherwise nice job on the bladewing prototype

My B-wing:

BCknVsS.jpg

The B is back!

Wave 4

Rebel Alliance

• A/SF-01 B-Wing

swz42_ship-art.png

And get this, it includes "a fully re-sculpted A/SF-01 B-wing ship miniature—now featuring folding wings, a spinning cockpit, and a body that can rotate on the peg"

!!!

Edited by Force Majeure

scorpion repaint cyih9I5.jpg aOgb29g.jpg

Edited by bobafett1228
mis-type

Woohoo. I love the B wing. I was going to paint mine this weekend and I am glad someone else is still out there painting B wings. Going for a blue and yellow scheme...

Edited by Amc879

Laid up in bed with a back injury at the moment and so looking for some old pics I haven't uploaded yet. Here is a B-wing from a few months back. I would like to get around to painting another one with the sky blue and a navy blue ala UNC's colors.

I have since done a lot of edge highlighting on the panels and cleaned up some of the wash. I intend to repaint the cockpit and then hopefully will get an updated pic.

IMG_20190211_001252.jpg?width=635&height

IMG_20190211_001245.jpg?width=555&height

Ah, the B-Wing. The ship I hate most in the game--because my brother loves to pound me with it. Ne'ertheless, I present Stinger Squadron:

3vPGfFR.jpg

4lmfh9A.jpg

c8SMMBc.jpg

And in action:

FySnBl2.jpg

mTAPU9e.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 3:26 PM, Polda said:

h8xkKKF.jpg

l2ZWvSa.jpg

Nah.

Image result for red arrow aerobatic team