Showcase: B-wing

By Piscopas, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Greetings, Galactic Citizens!

It's time for our next Showcase thread, and this week we'll be looking at the Slayn & Korpil A/SF-01 B-wing Starfighter . Designed to be a replacement for the Y-wing, the B-wing sports heavy weaponry and sensor packages allowing for coordinated strikes against capital ships. Let's see your take on these unique ships!

Back to the Showcase: Index

Prototype B-wing from Star Wars Rebels. Painted for my daughter using glimpses of the ship in pre-season 2 teaser clips as a guide. I was hoping for a reaction when HER b-wing appeared on Rebels. Didn't get one.

Rebels%20Season%202%20B-wing_zpsjld9qdtp

Beautiful paint job. If you adopt me, will I get custom painted ships too? I don't eat much!

Viridian Starfighter Group -- Callsign: "Junior"

32175921571_d4cec6c10f_o.jpg

32146155312_2a28f5a46d_o.jpg

Edited by Piscopas

Very creative! I love them.

Some of the first ships I ever painted. Definitely due for some updated paint jobs but it's cool to see where I started painting!

Cool! That last one reminds me of these guys:

NeonTetra.jpg

19 minutes ago, Piscopas said:

Cool! That last one reminds me of these guys:

NeonTetra.jpg

I derive alot of my colors from things I see in nature and I can definitely see the colors matching with this little guy!

Love me some B-Wings.

Qdosrp4.jpg

this is my first mod that I have tried to do so far

levi1.jpg

levi2.jpg

levi3.jpg

all b-wing pieces except for the engines

Cool work @Liviticus15 ! You should start your own thread & show us the other stuff you've got.

My two B-wings. While I magnetized them, I did not feel skilled or lucky enough to make their cockpit rotate as well, so no increased comfort for those pilots :D

Xwing24_zpsvawk48di.png

Xwing68_zpsupt1ztii.png Xwing69_zpsq8dx75k6.png

Some very Nice B-Wing re-paints here.

Very Impressive !

Here is a more simple one for the collection, my New Republic Squadron colour scheme.

X%20Wing%20Repaints%201_zpsd9i0hddh.jpg

X%20Wing%20Repaints%204_zpss0nquldx.jpg

All the best,

Barry.

Barry, do the s.foils on that move? If so how's it done! Lol always nice work by you ..

18 minutes ago, JediRush24 said:

Barry, do the s.foils on that move? If so how's it done! Lol always nice work by you ..

Ha Ha no they are glued in place.

the wing hinges are the masts from the GW Battle Fleet Gothic imperial & Chaos Cruisers :D

I like the closed wing position of the B-wing as it gives it a nice cross section profile......a flying wing.

All the best,

Barry.

Been one of my fav ships since I first saw it on screen .. always great stuff done by everyone on this side of the forums, and always nice constructive criticism .. I've enjoyed lurking over here looking at others work ...

So, anyone mod this ships wings, or done the rotating cockpit? Show us!

I modified mine by using a razor saw to cut the cockpit and the "bulb" at the rear off, leaving the "collar" area in place. I drilled a hole through the collar big enough for a piece of styrene rod (the axle). Then I drilled holes in the cockpit and the bulb to match the one in the collar. Glue the cockpit on the axle, push it through the collar, and carefully glue the bulb on and its done. The tricky part is drilling the holes to line up with each other, but if you do it right, it works like a charm.

Here is my B-wing. Painted it for my Heroes of the Aturi Cluster character.

image.jpeg

Beautiful work guys!

Now with 100% more magnet! Not as cool as what's on the way from the factory, but not bad for my first try at magnets. And I even kinda like the repaint.

SPJnJgI.jpg

d6afX8a.jpg

Edited by Kleeg005
fix links...again

DOne some time ago, my dirty veteran:

jQVDoxC.jpg 4dG4aD2.jpg

Uon9Pco.jpg

Nice freehand scorpions. That's tiny!