The Pale Legion - Another Undead army

By Uthoroc, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

Amazing job! Love the colours and the bases are incredible! The Scions are really inspiring!

Loving the Autumn colors. Well done!

Incredible work.

Here's the second elven hero: mighty sorceress, queen, half-elf and daughter of the cursed traitor Malcorne, Maegan Cyndewin.

Latari_MaeganCyndewin.jpg

REALLY dig the colors on her robes. So good!

Your Elves and thier mounts look beautiful!

Thanks for all your kind comments, guys. I'm glad you like my minis. :D Here's the second (alternate sculpt) scion. Just one more to go, then I'll have all my Latari forces painted (though I don't expect it to last very long.

Latari_AymhelinScionB.jpg

And here's the third and final (for the time being) scion. I didn't vary the base scheme from the first but, but changed up my fungus colors.

Latari_AymhelinScionA2.jpg

Latari_AymhelinScionA2b.jpg

And here's a group shot of my Latari forces. They can make up a 200 point army, but without much flexibility.

Latari_Army.jpg

Excellent work!

Brilliant ideas on the Scions for sure.

Any idsa where the rest of the painting threads went?

nvm fixed

Edited by Jabby

I'm pretty unsure about how to paint my Uthuk. Here's a first test model. What do you think?

UthukConcept.jpg

6 hours ago, Uthoroc said:

I'm pretty unsure about how to paint my Uthuk. Here's a first test model. What do you think?

UthukConcept.jpg

Looks great to me!

Really like the darker skin tone. Not something I would have thought of

That Uthuk color scheme is fantastic!

After their disastrous showing at their first tournament, the Pale Legion sorely needs some reinforcements. Good motivation to get some Death Knights done!

Waiqar_DeathKnights.jpg

Love those death kinights, i like the mask. The armor also looks awesome with the gold/Bronze and iron combination. ?

White horses with a purple wash? Totally dig it!

Thanks guys! :)

And yeah, I wanted something really unnatural for the horses. The idea was inspired by some descriptions of the Hounds of Annwn from Welsh mythology. They're Ghost Grey (Vallejo) with a wash of Carroburg Crimson (Citadel).

My unit of Uthuk Berserkers had been sitting around half-painted far too long. I finally managed to finish them up over the weekend. I think the color scheme of dar skin and bright red clothing combines very well with the bone spurs and weapons.

Uthuk_BerserkersUnitSm.jpg

Flesh Rippers will be next for my Uthuk.

4 hours ago, Uthoroc said:

I think the color scheme of dark skin and bright red clothing combines very well with the bone spurs and weapons.

I think you are absolutely right. They look great!

Celebrating the announcement of the new Waiqar hero and proving that you can never have enough Death Knights...

Waiqar_DeathKnights1.jpg

Waiqar_DeathKnights2.jpg

Waiqar_DeathKnights3.jpg

On 1/30/2018 at 6:28 AM, Uthoroc said:

Here's the second elven hero: mighty sorceress, queen, half-elf and daughter of the cursed traitor Malcorne, Maegan Cyndewin.

Latari_MaeganCyndewin.jpg

This was the same idea I had with her!!! I'll share mine when it's a little more complete. I went a little more neon in mine...

Yours is gorgeous

On 2/8/2018 at 3:25 AM, Uthoroc said:

And here's the third and final (for the time being) scion. I didn't vary the base scheme from the first but, but changed up my fungus colors.

Latari_AymhelinScionA2.jpg

Latari_AymhelinScionA2b.jpg

**** get out of my head dude! I also have my cat-riders with neon/multicolored fur to blend in with all the bright mushrooms I imagine in their forest.

My Aliana-Cat is albino with rainbow fur. Man I need to get these things done but I just got distracted again by changing my undead paint scheme lol.

Finally here are the flesh rippers ... took they had to wait a long time to get their final polish. Now they are really angry and hungry!

Uthuk_FleischfetzerSm