The Pale Legion - Another Undead army

By Uthoroc, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

Hi folks! Thanks for all the gorgeous images of minis and scenery on this forum. It is a great inspiration for my own Runewars painting. My Undead - tentatively dubbed the Pale Legion - is getting close to the finish line, only the archers need to be completed. Here are the paint jobs so far...

The Carrion Lancer

Undead_CarrionRiderSm.jpg

Ardus Ix'Erebus

Undead_ArdusIxErebusSm.jpg

And the Reanimates

Undead_ReanimatesUnit.jpg

Nice work, I have only finished a carrion + 1 tray of reanimates.

I Love the prurple eyes and that carrion lancer is looking great. I will stay tuned for the archers

My favorite isn't even one of the units, it's the base for Ardus. That looks really spectacular. Nice work.

Thanks, guys! Interestingly there is really nothing special done with Ardus' base - it is straight out of the box with just a bit of grey on the steeper rock sides, a wash over everything and a little bit of dry-brushing. I even forgot to highlight that skull at the back! :D

Well, the Undead are complete. Behold the Pale Legion!

Undead_ReanimateArchersSm.jpg

Undead_ReanimateArchersUnit.jpg

Undead_Army.jpg

Next up are the Daqan Lords, with the Rune Golem already on the table. I hope I get those as quickly done as Waiqar's troops.

Time to start on the future reanimated soldiers - ehm, the Lords of Daqan. Here's the Rune Golem. Surprisingly easy to paint, following Sorastro's methods. Only on the swords did I go a new route: Obsidian blades. That's a material I've never tried before and I'm very happy with how it came out.

Daqan_RuneGolemSm.jpg

The seems and cracks that are glowing with runic energy are very crisp. Impressive work! I'm digging the purple stones in the hilts complement the obsidian blades nicely. Such a beautiful figure!

Yeah, purple seemed to be the perfect match for the black blades. Continuing with Kari Wraithstalker. She's not exactly my favorite model in the box (least favorite actually), but she turned out good enough...

Daqan_KariWraithstalkerSm.jpg

The Oathsworn cavalry is complete and with only the spearmen to go, I'm on the homestretch. Yay!

Daqan_OathswornCavalryASm.jpg

Daqan_OathswornCavalryBSm.jpg

Perhaps the best Oathsworn I've seen. Really great. Love the scheme and the shields.

On 2017-5-5 at 2:59 PM, TallTonyB said:

My favorite isn't even one of the units, it's the base for Ardus. That looks really spectacular. Nice work.

Seconded. Love the dead ground around him!

They look great and I love the different designs on the shields

Aaaaand done. Well the base set, that is. Expansions will be available shortly here in Germany ... :)

Bild

Bild

Great work, love the colour scheme on the carrion and the shields. Excellent

As you can see in the anove image, I've also started on my first terrain pieces. This is fairly new territory for me, but proving a lot of fun. :)

Terrain_01.jpg

Terrain_02.jpg

Passing the time while waiting for the first expansions to arrive.

Markers_Objectives.jpg

And I got my first expansion boxes. The necromancer was the first to go on the painting table - he just needs another coat of matt varnish to be done!

Waiqar_NecromancerSm.jpg

To stand out among the pale-shrouded reanimates he got a nice purple cloak.

Nice!

Thank you! :) Here's the next one: little drummer boy!
Waiqar_DrummerSm.jpg

More Waiqar leadership, including the feared Blood-drenched Banner!

Waiqar_ChampionSm.jpg

Waiqar_BannerSm.jpg

god just... just god these are beautiful.

1 hour ago, Uthoroc said:

More Waiqar leadership, including the feared Blood-drenched Banner!

Waiqar_ChampionSm.jpg

Waiqar_BannerSm.jpg

Wow. The blood soaked effect on that banner is awesome. I may have to try to steal that... Not sure I can do it justice though.

Feel free to steal. It was a suggestion on the Facebook group by someone else, so it's not mine anyway. :D And it was dead easy to paint.

Back to the human scum... eh the glorious Daqan army. Here are the banner bearer, champion and musician. The wizard had to wait in line, since he's getting a separate color scheme.

Daqan_BannerSm.jpg

Daqan_ChampionSm.jpg

Daqan_MusicianSm.jpg

I'm very proud of my star-studded banner, it's probably the best freehand I've managed to do so far, and it really pops on the table!

Excellent banner is excellent.

Love the banner there, nice work