Runewars data files for BattleScribe (Army List building software)

By Cultiststeve, in Runewars List Building

Hi all.

I have created a set of Battlescribe data files for Runewars which can be found here .

Battlescribe is a awesome army-list building app, with the data files created by the community. I aim to keep the Runewars data files I have created up to date with all the new releases. The data files are kindly hosted by an open source project, using github to keep them up to date. The github repo for these files is here .

If you notice any mistakes or want to contribute please do. Creating an issue on the github page is the best way to ensure it is recorded.

Edited by Cultiststeve

Ok this is pretty nit pickey but people keep making lists that say wave 0 but are actually wave 1 due to upgrades. Wave 0 is really just the core. Wave 1 is the first round of expansions.

Yea. My thinking is that its wave 0 at the moment because that is the only complete wave. Once the complete spoilers for wave 1 are on the internet and added to the data files then I will change the name to wave 1.

Great Job

Wow !

Thanks , Ive just been fiddling around with it.

Here is my base list from two starters , just need to work out magic items and what points limit for each force , this will be great for our first games.

+++ 200 Undead (Runewars) [155 Points] +++

++ Standard Army (Waiqar the Undying : Wave 0 (2017)) [155 Points] ++

+ Infantry [125 Points] +

Ardus Ix'Erebus [37 Points]: 1 Tray [37 Points]
. Ardus Ix'Erebus - Melee Ability, Brutal 1, Host of Crows, Steadfast [Doubt, Fear]
Profiles:
. Ardus Ix'Erebus: Defense:3|Wound Threshold:4|Ranged Die:-|Melee Die:2 White

Reanimate Archers [18 Points]: 2x1 Trays [18 Points]
. Reanimate Archers - Ranged Ability
Profiles:
. Reanimate Archers: Defense:1|Wound Threshold:1|Ranged Die:1 Red, 1 Blue|Melee Die:1 Red

Reanimate Archers [18 Points]: 2x1 Trays [18 Points]
. Reanimate Archers - Ranged Ability
Profiles:
. Reanimate Archers: Defense:1|Wound Threshold:1|Ranged Die:1 Red, 1 Blue|Melee Die:1 Red

Reanimates [26 Points]: 2x2 Trays [26 Points]
. Regenerate [Natural Rune], Steadfast [Doubt]
Profiles:
. Reanimates: Defense:1|Wound Threshold:1|Ranged Die:-|Melee Die:2 Red

Reanimates [26 Points]: 2x2 Trays [26 Points]
. Regenerate [Natural Rune], Steadfast [Doubt]
Profiles:
. Reanimates: Defense:1|Wound Threshold:1|Ranged Die:-|Melee Die:2 Red

+ Siege [30 Points] +

Carrion Lancers [15 Points]: 1 Tray [15 Points]
. Carrion Lancers - Melee Ability, Carrion Lancers - Skill Ability, Steadfast [Doubt]
Profiles:
. Carrion Lancers: Defense:3|Wound Threshold:3|Ranged Die:-|Melee Die:1 Red 2 Blue

Carrion Lancers [15 Points]: 1 Tray [15 Points]
. Carrion Lancers - Melee Ability, Carrion Lancers - Skill Ability, Steadfast [Doubt]
Profiles:
. Carrion Lancers: Defense:3|Wound Threshold:3|Ranged Die:-|Melee Die:1 Red 2 Blue

++ Selection Rules ++

. Ardus Ix'Erebus - Melee Ability: This attack is treated as having the Surge abilities (both melee and ranged) of allies at range 1-3.

. Brutal 1: While attacking, a unit with this keyword has its threat increased by X.

. Carrion Lancers - Melee Ability: 1 Surge : Add mortal strike if the defender has a blight token.

. Carrion Lancers - Skill Ability: Choose 1 unengaged enemy unit at range 1-5 and in line of sight. That unit recieves 1 blight token.

. Host of Crows: Each unit in your army is treated as having the available upgrades in the row of its costing table with the next highest cost.

. Reanimate Archers - Ranged Ability: Two Surge : The defender receives 1 blight token.

. Regenerate [Natural Rune]: At the end of the Activation Phase, if a unit with this keyword has any empty slots in its trays, slot X new figures corresponding with that unit's card in the empty slots.

. Steadfast [Doubt, Fear]: While a unit with this keyword is suffering a mooral test, the cards of the type specified by X are treated as having one additional moral icon.

. Steadfast [Doubt]: While a unit with this keyword is suffering a mooral test, the cards of the type specified by X are treated as having one additional moral icon.

Created with BattleScribe

Edited by Keithandor

Are you planning to do an update with the new command figures ?

12 minutes ago, Keithandor said:

Are you planning to do an update with the new command figures ?

Absolutely. The upgrades from ffg spoiler should already be in. Once someone scans the rest in the box I'll post them in as well.

OK thanks :)

Just done a big update with all the new spoilers and released content.

As usual, please let me know if I have missed anything or made any mistakes (no matter how small), I still want to keep this as up to date and accurate as possible.

1 hour ago, Cultiststeve said:

As usual, please let me know if I have missed anything or made any mistakes (no matter how small), I still want to keep this as up to date and accurate as possible.

First off, thanks for all of your work on this, I appreciate it greatly, as does my local community.

I did find a couple of small issues in Waiqar.

1. Ardus can equip the Lingering Dead training under his unique slot, which is incorrect.
  2. The Reanimates unit is missing 4 of the Waiqar specific champion options. (Deathcaller, Necromancer, Executioner, Mistlands Saboteur)
  3. If you take the Fallen Hero in a Reanimates Unit, it does not add the Artifact slot to choose from.

Keep up the good work!

33 minutes ago, Armament81 said:

First off, thanks for all of your work on this, I appreciate it greatly, as does my local community.

I did find a couple of small issues in Waiqar.

1. Ardus can equip the Lingering Dead training under his unique slot, which is incorrect.
  2. The Reanimates unit is missing 4 of the Waiqar specific champion options. (Deathcaller, Necromancer, Executioner, Mistlands Saboteur)
  3. If you take the Fallen Hero in a Reanimates Unit, it does not add the Artifact slot to choose from.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for your comments, it is really encouraging. As for the first two points I they were small fixes and I have made them and pushed up a new version.

For the third, I have tried to add his condition but Battlescribe doesn't seem to recognize the change. But it could be my mistake rather than a bug in their system. Ill keep looking into it.

3 hours ago, Cultiststeve said:

Just done a big update with all the new spoilers and released content.

Bless you my child!

21 hours ago, Cultiststeve said:

For the third, I have tried to add his condition but Battlescribe doesn't seem to recognize the change. But it could be my mistake rather than a bug in their system. Ill keep looking into it.

So I know Armada file set have a few upgrades that do this, you could check out the BattleScribe file for that and see how its done maybe?

Minister Tua, an officer upgrade for the Imperials adds an additional Defensive Retrofit slot. (As an example of where it happens.)

You should check out this Army builder site . It seems to have the special rules working correctly and feels better than battlescribe.

It's possible I have an out of date file, but the Lord Hawthorne contents look to have some issues. The man himself has champion and equipment upgrades instead of artifact, the shield of margath shows 0 points instead of six, and the dawnblade is a unique instead of artifact upgrade.

Battle scribes biggest advantage is that its a mobile app, so I can just whip my phone out, set up my list then put it away. And it works for ALL of the wargames I play, so I definitely don't mind helping someone figure out how to get the tool going.

On 5/30/2017 at 7:00 PM, whiteferret76 said:

You should check out this Army builder site . It seems to have the special rules working correctly and feels better than battlescribe.

Hey I have have a look and it looks cool, its nice there is a choice for people. But as Armament said, having a mature multi-platform program like Battlescribe is better for myself.

21 hours ago, Bhelliom said:

It's possible I have an out of date file, but the Lord Hawthorne contents look to have some issues. The man himself has champion and equipment upgrades instead of artifact, the shield of margath shows 0 points instead of six, and the dawnblade is a unique instead of artifact upgrade.

Thanks for the catches. I have made the fixes and the new version should be hosted within 24 hours.

On 5/23/2017 at 8:08 PM, Armament81 said:

So I know Armada file set have a few upgrades that do this, you could check out the BattleScribe file for that and see how its done maybe?

Minister Tua, an officer upgrade for the Imperials adds an additional Defensive Retrofit slot. (As an example of where it happens.)

Thanks, thats a good idea and I will check it out when I get the time. I moved house recently so have been too busy in the last couple of weeks, but I will check it out when I am able to for sure.

I would also say to everyone, the data files are open source and can be found at https://github.com/BSData/runewars . Anyone who fancies a go is able to download the files and make changes, then reuplolad the files to me, or create a merge request into that repository.

19 minutes ago, Cultiststeve said:

I would also say to everyone, the data files are open source and can be found at https://github.com/BSData/runewars . Anyone who fancies a go is able to download the files and make changes, then reuplolad the files to me, or create a merge request into that repository.

I decided I would give it a go. I happen to also be a professional developer so I figured I would actually lend a hand instead of just things of note. I will get it all forked and set up this weekend.

A short note, The Waiquir are missing one of their musician model upgrades option, the Tactical Drummer. I will try using that as a toe in the water deal. Then one of the things I want to look at aside from the artifact upgrade dudes, is maybe changing how the heros work? So that if you put one out, it won't let the upgrade be select, and also make it so you can't add the hero more times. This will be good to look at now, as they have said down the road their will unique units as well that are not just heros.

5 minutes ago, Armament81 said:

I decided I would give it a go. I happen to also be a professional developer so I figured I would actually lend a hand instead of just things of note. I will get it all forked and set up this weekend.

A short note, The Waiquir are missing one of their musician model upgrades option, the Tactical Drummer. I will try using that as a toe in the water deal. Then one of the things I want to look at aside from the artifact upgrade dudes, is maybe changing how the heros work? So that if you put one out, it won't let the upgrade be select, and also make it so you can't add the hero more times. This will be good to look at now, as they have said down the road their will unique units as well that are not just heros.

Awesome, it will be good to discuss the development with someone.

In terms of the hero and upgrade constraint, I believe I have it setup so it will warn you that its not a valid option. The choice of displaying a warning vs hiding invalid choices is a design decision, I guess but I welcome your input.

I am mostly used to that style of UI from the X-Wing and Armada sets, as they have character collisions with say, Vader as a commander, and Vader as a unique squadron. But yea, I get the free form flow of it too. I know that that style is popular in the 40k community to which I also hang with.

@Cultiststeve I was using the app yesterday and when I built a daqan force my 3x3 spearmen unit didn't have the heavy upgrade slot... for something happen?

Just done a bunch of stuff to bring these files back up to date, and crush a few bugs. Apologies for being busy lately, I know these got a little out of date.

Should have everything up to date and no glaring errors. Elves army expansion is also included now. New release should be online within the day as always.

On 6/8/2017 at 4:06 PM, jek said:

@Cultiststeve I was using the app yesterday and when I built a daqan force my 3x3 spearmen unit didn't have the heavy upgrade slot... for something happen?

Thanks for that catch, fixed in latest release.

Edited by Cultiststeve
Forgot a line

I have added all the currently released units, including the Uthuk! (Should be hosted within 24h)

Also fixed a few minor bugs. Please let me know if you spot any more.

Also, consider helping out if you would like to add new releases faster when I don't have the time :). It is pretty straightforward to set up.

Edited by Cultiststeve

Hi guys,

Seems the latari option is “broken”.

The upgrades aren’t available when I choose units and the archers isn’t upgrade able at all.

Is it only my BattleScribe that’s broken or is yours doing this as well?

On 07/01/2018 at 10:36 AM, Sial said:

Hi guys,

Seems the latari option is “broken”.

The upgrades aren’t available when I choose units and the archers isn’t upgrade able at all.

Is it only my BattleScribe that’s broken or is yours doing this as well?

Looks like the archers are ****** on my end as well, I'll have a look at the data file later. I can take upgrades for other lateri units, which ones do you see as missing?