Atlach-Nacha's Cultist

By alboy, in General Discussion

I thought i would as this here as there are differing opinions on Board Game Geek.

When you draw a Cultist while playing with Atlach-Nacha can you place it in your space if there is no Gate or Monster there?

2 minutes ago, alboy said:

I thought i would as this here as there are differing opinions on Board Game Geek.

When you draw a Cultist while playing with Atlach-Nacha can you place it in your space if there is no Gate or Monster there?

The opinions differ in completely different matter Alan.
As for your question, i don't understand your dilemma. The Cultist effect absolutely doesn't care if he would move to your space or another one, as long as the no-gate, no-monster criteria are met.

It matters if it stops people arguing for 15 minutes as they did in the last game i played which to say was not enjoyable to me.

I sent FFG a email on the 30 March asking the same question and so far all i have received from them is a acknowledgement of my email.

8 hours ago, alboy said:

It matters if it stops people arguing for 15 minutes as they did in the last game i played which to say was not enjoyable to me.

I sent FFG a email on the 30 March asking the same question and so far all i have received from them is a acknowledgement of my email.

Did you use this page to get to customer service? There is actually a specific line for Rules Questions there. They usually get back within a week. If you used the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forum, it somehow seems to get chewed up and lost in time and space.

I agree with tsuma though. Nothing on the card says that the monster cannot spawn in your space as long as it meets the criteria that there is no gate there. I feel that they would have text that reads 'gate, monster, or investigator.' But if you are looking for an absolute I'd wait for an answer from them and then post it here for all to see!

Edited by LordPyrex

I can't think of any reason why it couldn't spawn in a space with an investigator. It's not like they have to immediately be encountered.

At last a reply from FFG to my question, When you draw a Cultist while playing with Atlach-Nacha can you place it in your space if there is no Gate or Monster there? The answer is yes.