How do most people play with the Mythos Card - Difficulty

By eagletsi111, in General Discussion

Must just be overlooked/misinterpreted rules then.

Hate to be rude, but perhaps the problem isn't with how I play, but how you play. House rules can make a game harder as well as easier.

apparently he's found the secret to winning the game without fail, every single game. we would do well to learn a lesson from him.

maybe one of those players who knocks the die roll of 4 into a 5, or if he gets a hard mythos, he just ignores the text. maybe all easy?

I admit, sometimes I play the game over-efficiently, like a machine, all based on statistics, and yes I remove easy, but unless you are a dice rolling ancient one of the deep, you're a fraud, and now with your claim of winning every single game you've ever played, it's just getting silly, even if you're stacking your mythos deck with easy cards. I think my games are a lot darker than most, as of course I've gotten kickback from people I play with, who initially, are scared when the turn ends and do NOT look forward to the mythos phase, but in the end it makes the game more enjoyable, especially with a nice victory squeaked out against all odds..

*just wanna point out that most of what I was saying was in jest, and none of it is personal ^_^ everyone can play exactly how they want and whatever is most fun for them, and it doesn't make me any more of or anyone else less of a man/woman for doing so

Edited by iGniGhted

None of it is personal, yet you call out folk specifically? Sounds a little dissonant. Perhaps you aren't as efficient as you think.

But I mean nothing by it. As I've said before, play as you please, provided you do not cheat.

of course there is always room for improvement. no plan survives contact with the enemy after all.

still, playing without easy cards will innately make you a better player, and make your decisions more effective, as that's the only way to win with the odds stacked against you.

on the other hand, losses are more frequent and games can easily steam out of control.