Milton Keynes/Northampton/Aylesbury/Daventry/Stevenage UK

By Ginkapo, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

So to get us of the main page I have started this thread. In here we can keep everyone updated on the going ons in the area. It appears that there are a lot more players in the area than I was led to believe, which is fantastic.

@Dazgrim @Barney @D503 @HoundsTooth @Wilko215 @Dr alex

I think its wise if we all click "follow" on this thread. I see a few of you were already doing this on the previous thread. Just click the follow button and follow the instructions (top right on a computer, on the bottom with a mobile).

Hobbit Hole, Chatteris Peterborough have a store tourney 11th March.
Shadow Games, Rugby have a store tourney 18th March. SOLD OUT
Lost Ark, Stevenage have a store tourney 18th March. Tickets online

Do we know what night game night is at Wargames Workshop? I am interested as that would cut my trip to MK in half. On investigation it appears to be, book a table on their game nights. Barney/Dazgrim/Wilko? do you want to play Thursday to check it out?

So happy, lets get organising matches!

Top idea Ginkapo! :)

Great idea.

I'm signed up for the Lost Ark tourney on 18 March.

Edited by Wilko215

Maybe we could even get a cc campaign going!

I am in town from the 15th June to the 27th July, and during that time I am not working so am relatively flexible on time, with the exception of a few days. I don't have a car while in the UK, so will be mostly MK based.

My ability to play games in China has declined rapidly since wave 2 days, so am eager to catch up.

Hi everyone, I've been playing the game for about a year with a very small group of friends in Leicester. I'd really like to branch out and get some more games in against other opponents (although from having a small family I don't think I'd be able to commit to anything like a campaign)

which wargames workshop is it as I found 2 one in Milton Keynes and one in Northampton ? Or is it both?

Looking forward to hopefully arranging a game

I'm only passing through the area for those two weeks, but would be very much interested in a game on one Thursday or other.

Barney have you got a link for Peterborough?

My attendance to Stevenage is in jepardy as I might be working an inspection shift that day. Its really important one of my grads gets the experience and that might require my attendance sadly.

I will be at Lost Ark in Stevenage Saturday. It should be a good tourney, normally a decent turnout.

Dont worry shop is right next to the car park so no need to linger in Stevenage...

13 hours ago, Ginkapo said:

I will be at Lost Ark in Stevenage Saturday. It should be a good tourney, normally a decent turnout.

Dont worry shop is right next to the car park so no need to linger in Stevenage...

I'll be there on Saturday too... look forward to meeting you IRL.

This will be my first Armada tournament - so go easy on me... ;)

6 hours ago, Wilko215 said:

I'll be there on Saturday too... look forward to meeting you IRL.

This will be my first Armada tournament - so go easy on me... ;)

How much experience do you have outside of tourneys?

My ships have orange edging so introduce yourself, I'll look out for you. There are 4 or 5 players who could win the tourney and they will all play friendly if they know your new.

I've played casually and occasionally in my local historical wargames club for the last two years, probably only about 15 games in total, but only actually played using objective cards in the last month!

I'll look out for your Orange edged ships.

I'm based in MK and started going to the Wargames Workshop. It's pretty much book a table, bring a mat, pay £3 each for the space, knock yourselves out. They run from 6:30 to 10:30. Open game days are Monday's and Thursday's but you'll want to book a couple of days early as they get fully booked quick. There's a lot of X-wing there too if you're into that sort of thing...

I'm not looking to play anyone at the moment because I'm running a campaign with a mate and we both suck ^^ I don't want to get too much practice in while we're playing and then get better so it's unbalanced but come the summer I'll definitely be looking to expand the scene in the MK area and play new people.

Shadow Games in Rugby are holding a Q2 Kit tournament on Saturday May 20th if anyone is interested...

https://www.shadow-games.co.uk/whatson

I've already booked my spot so if anyone in the Northampton/Daventry area is looking for some practice games feel free to PM me! ;) :D

I'm in, ticket purchased. Time to start list building!!

As a side note, would anyone here be interested in or use a Facebook group dedicated to the Northants/MK/Bedford area?

Hi All,

I am moving to Bedford in May so am leaving my regular Armada buddy in London behind so need to find a new opponent or two... my wife and I have a brand new baby so I won't have vast amounts of time but would be good to get a game in every so often rather than have the fleets gathering dust.

Are there any stores or clubs for playing in Bedford or will I need to drive to MK etc?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

17 hours ago, GeneralAntilles said:

Hi All,

I am moving to Bedford in May so am leaving my regular Armada buddy in London behind so need to find a new opponent or two... my wife and I have a brand new baby so I won't have vast amounts of time but would be good to get a game in every so often rather than have the fleets gathering dust.

Are there any stores or clubs for playing in Bedford or will I need to drive to MK etc?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

There's a new one opening tomorrow I believe. It's called Saxon Games (they've got a Facebook page!). I don't know anything other than that as Northampton is my neck of the woods but my regular Armada opponent lives in Bedford so I can ask for you when I see him on Tuesday.

@Barney

How far are you from Great Denham. Saxon Games is a great location for me!

Probably a similar distance for you to Stony. Could maybe do an occasional week night or if we could get a small group together maybe a weekend, either cc or a mini tournament?

1 minute ago, Barney said:

Probably a similar distance for you to Stony. Could maybe do an occasional week night or if we could get a small group together maybe a weekend, either cc or a mini tournament?

:D

You really need to do CC. Its great fun. TFingers Crossed Saxon stores is decent.

23 hours ago, HoundsTooth said:

There's a new one opening tomorrow I believe. It's called Saxon Games (they've got a Facebook page!). I don't know anything other than that as Northampton is my neck of the woods but my regular Armada opponent lives in Bedford so I can ask for you when I see him on Tuesday.

Thanks! May be an auspicious time to be moving then! Glad for any further info from your friend.

Looks like shadow games is all sold out now, anyone get to Saxon games yet to check it out?

is there any store champs happening round here?

Hey guys.

There's a charity games day happening in Tring on 17 June.

http://www.gamesfest.co.uk/events/2017/6/17/gamesfest-presents-charity-rpg-ttg-day

Although Armada isn't specifically advertised, I spoke to the organiser, and if we wanted we could put on our own casual games, mini tournament, or first few rounds of Corellian Campaign there.

James