On average how many hours does the Delve take?

By FrogTrigger, in Road to Legend

I understand you can't predict the exact time, but given your experience with the Delve on average how long does it take to complete in terms of hours?

I play by myself, and I'd say the fastest I've been is an hour and a half. Average I'd say is 2 hours. This doesn't include set up time before starting.

This might sound crazy, but I never even once came close to finish a "The Delve" adventure in one sitting. Usually we manage to beat the first boss by the 3 hour mark where we stop the game. This is with 3 or 4 player groups.

It takes me 3.5 hours solo, not including general setup but including setup and pack up of each stage. 3 Players takes us around 5 hours.

I really don't understand how 1.5 hours is possible. That is 15 minutes per stage which has to include fetching tiles, assembling map, fetching monsters, packing the board and mini/tokens up, dealing out and picking items and picking class abilities, before you even play the game! Would be easier perhaps with just the base game, less monsters/tiles to go through but still sounds very rushed to me and solo means you have to do all of that yourself plus manage multiple heroes.

1 hour ago, BruceLGL said:

It takes me 3.5 hours solo, not including general setup but including setup and pack up of each stage. 3 Players takes us around 5 hours.

This matches my experience also.

I can't possibly fathom someone completing a full 6 levels in the Delve in 1.5 hours. I don't even think that is possible if you somehow had every single map pre-assembled. Now, if you meant 1.5 hours for a single quest in Delve, that I can see.

Depending on the amount of social interaction we have while playing, we have taken 5-10 hours to play with 4 people.

Edited by any2cards

with two players it took us 2 hours, with 4 players it took us 3and a half hours to complete all 6 stages. But we are descent veterans :D

I have played more than 1,000 hours of D2e. I actually think the more you play, the more you know and understand the rules and all of the various interactions, the longer it ends up taking to play the game.

This is especially true if all of your players have approximately the same experience playing the game (and/or other games of a similar nature). The group of 5 people I play with have all been playing games of this nature together in excess of 50 years. We are also all former military personnel, with extensive background in tactical and strategic thinking.

The depth of people's thought processes, the strategy used, the discussions that occur to optimize an overall turn, etc. tends to make the game take longer to play any given quest.

Edited by any2cards

In my solo games I always play very slowly as I love to pounder over the challenges and want to be absorbed into the story.

To me games are almost never about "the win" but all about the adventure and gaming fun.

So in my first Delve quest, I played around 5-6 hours for the first 3 stages ... and then died :).

Loving this game, just like the Mansions of Madness2 epic story telling of Lovecraft Lore. Both games are still quite different and have their merits !

Enjoy the ride!

54 minutes ago, MMOfan said:

In my solo games I always play very slowly as I love to pounder over the challenges and want to be absorbed into the story.

To me games are almost never about "the win" but all about the adventure and gaming fun.

Wow! If you feel this way about The Delve, Seeds of Corruption is going to blow your mind!

Thanks for the info, much appreciated all. And this post wasn't about just seeing how much we can power game, it was seeing how much we can fit into one session. Time is a precious commodity that everyone has in different amounts and for us we generally don't get a lot of play time so when we do I want to maximize it.