I've lost my will to live....

By Professor Tanhauser, in Deathwatch

I just saw something so ghawdawful I think it would disgust Nurgle himself.

http://www.avclub.com/article/peta-wants-fictional-warhammer-vikings-stop-wearin-249386

That's it, I've officially lost the will to live. Won't someone here please come and shoot me in the head with a bolter already? And I don't mean one of those wimpy "civillian" bolters, dammit. I mean a Marine bolter, preferably leaded with those micronuke Vengeance rounds.

Ahh, never mind. With my luck the guy doing the shooting would roll a 99 on his to hit and the shell would blow up in his gun instead. Make it a missile launcher, yeah, loaded with a krak missile. Even better,....a plasma cannon, and I definitely want it set on maximal !

So yes, if someone could kindly drop by and shoot me directly i the head with a plasma cannon set on maximal I'd appreciate it greatly. I just can't stand the idiocy of this world anymore...

Some people got way to much time on their hands. :(

Tanhauser, why must you just constantly post this stuff looking for similar reactions?

I've just got to ask. I mean you've got plenty of other contributions, abut the actual game, but there are plenty of other times you just post controversy looking for affirmation it'd seem in your own opinion on the matter.

2 hours ago, ThenDoctor said:

Tanhauser, why must you just constantly post this stuff looking for similar reactions?

3 hours ago, Gurkhal said:

Some people got way to much time on their hands. :(

It's just right that.

12 hours ago, ThenDoctor said:

I've just got to ask. I mean you've got plenty of other contributions, abut the actual game, but there are plenty of other times you just post controversy looking for affirmation it'd seem in your own opinion on the matter.

The pnly time you reply to a post of mine is to rip on it, and frankly I'm sick of it and you . I'm going to see if thos board offers a block function. Well, it doesn't. Too bad.

I suppose the only good thing about these forums closing soon is I don't have to worry about being banned for telling you I'm sick of your flaming. Since you find my posts so unworthy you could stop reading them. If you insist on ripping on every one of them don't go crying to a mod when i trollslap you. Since this board's going to bwe gone soon I have little to lose.

Edited by Professor Tanhauser

What in the hell was that escalation? You okay there man? If anything that post should be reported to a mod because that's just an infantile response.

17 minutes ago, Professor Tanhauser said:

The pnly time you reply to a post of mine is to rip on it, and frankly I'm sick of it and you . I'm going to see if thos board offers a block function. Well, it doesn't. Too bad.

I suppose the only good thing about these forums closing soon is I don't have to worry about being banned for telling you I'm sick of your flaming. Since you find my posts so unworthy you could stop reading them. If you insist on ripping on every one of them don't go crying to a mod when i trollslap you. Since this board's going to bwe gone soon I have little to lose.

I guess you missed the part where I said you have plenty of other posts that have some actual thoughts concerning the game. And if you think discussing the ideas of actual content containing posts is "ripping" then I can't really do anything about that. Positing a differing opinion in contrast to your ideas is not flaming, or ripping, it's simply disagreeing with your interpretation of the setting or mechanics. It's what discussion boards are for.

And don't worry, I assure you that this outburst has not hurt my feelings in any way shape or form.

See you in the archives if you show up there.

The professor has a point. The BS that PETA pulled should be called out. I mean how far from reallity do you have to be removed to - I can't even... Take it away Arch, you tell them:

13 hours ago, ThenDoctor said:

If people/organisations didn't do batsh*t insane stuff like this he wouldn't have something to complain about. And I'm with him on this. Is this what PETA has become? A bunch of lazy dolts removed from all reality that spedn all day playing games and then complain about nintendogs and spacewolves?

15 hours ago, Professor Tanhauser said:

I just saw something so ghawdawful I think it would disgust Nurgle himself.

http://www.avclub.com/article/peta-wants-fictional-warhammer-vikings-stop-wearin-249386

That's it, I've officially lost the will to live. Won't someone here please come and shoot me in the head with a bolter already? And I don't mean one of those wimpy "civillian" bolters, dammit. I mean a Marine bolter, preferably leaded with those micronuke Vengeance rounds.

Ahh, never mind. With my luck the guy doing the shooting would roll a 99 on his to hit and the shell would blow up in his gun instead. Make it a missile launcher, yeah, loaded with a krak missile. Even better,....a plasma cannon, and I definitely want it set on maximal !

So yes, if someone could kindly drop by and shoot me directly i the head with a plasma cannon set on maximal I'd appreciate it greatly. I just can't stand the idiocy of this world anymore...

I know how you feel. I'm charging up my squat cyclops' Hellfury canon...

It is related to 40k and it deserves to be exposed to ridicule. I'm glad some folks here saw that. Also it's kind of fun to hold this level of idiocy up to mockery. People shou7ld know if they inflict stupidity on the 40k community it will return fire.

Edited by Professor Tanhauser

You know, guys, I'll tell you one grim, dark secret: 90% of the world don't know that the hell this PETA is. And from the last ten percent - 90% don't worry about PETA at all. Don't waste your nerve cells, join the majority.

They still deserve to be dumped on. Plus some people take 4-0k way to seriously, having some fun with it keeps that from happening too much.

6 hours ago, Jargal said:

You know, guys, I'll tell you one grim, dark secret: 90% of the world don't know that the hell this PETA is. And from the last ten percent - 90% don't worry about PETA at all. Don't waste your nerve cells, join the majority.

It's this guy right?

I'd still like to know how GW responded. Maybe by doing a new SW landraider covered in pelts I hope.

9 hours ago, Professor Tanhauser said:

I'd still like to know how GW responded. Maybe by doing a new SW landraider covered in pelts I hope.

Probably like this:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor jameson gif

9 hours ago, Professor Tanhauser said:

Actually:

The Eldar are starting to wear fur now:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor ynnead

Take that PETA!

16 hours ago, Jargal said:

You know, guys, I'll tell you one grim, dark secret: 90% of the world don't know that the hell this PETA is.

Well, to be fair, 99.9% of the world don't know what Warhammer 40,000 is... ;)

I bet 4ok has more followers than peta does.

I was thinking of a necron flayed one standing over a skinned body, wearing it's fresh bloody skin and next to the skinned body is a "PETA" protest sign. BUHWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

1 hour ago, Professor Tanhauser said:

I was thinking of a necron flayed one standing over a skinned body, wearing it's fresh bloody skin and next to the skinned body is a "PETA" protest sign. BUHWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Much like when you celebrated Jack Chick's death, it's still uncool to desire or be happy about others deaths.

Regardless of how much you disagree with their ideas.

*mouthful of popcorn, watching fireworks*

10 hours ago, ThenDoctor said:

Much like when you celebrated Jack Chick's death, it's still uncool to desire or be happy about others deaths.

Regardless of how much you disagree with their ideas.

You can hardly compare those two. Verbaly dancing on some guy's grave is not the same as calling out some completly-divorced-from-reality PETA request to remove plastic fur from minature soldiers.

^He's got a point.

This seems to be personal between the two of you. I think you guys (assuming your both dudes) should just make out and make up. Some good old fashioned bro-kissing.

1 hour ago, Robin Graves said:

You can hardly compare those two. Verbaly dancing on some guy's grave is not the same as calling out some completly-divorced-from-reality PETA request to remove plastic fur from minature soldiers.

No it is not and that mentality is a serious issue with humanity as a whole.