Showcase: TIE/ln Fighter

By Piscopas, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

1 hour ago, Dngrmonkey1420 said:

...and heres my concept for Ezra. Not sure if i like this one. It may be a little too on the nose.

Thoughts anyone?

ezra concept.JPG

Ezra is a non-trained teenager who beats everybody at everything, even Palpatine on Force shenanigans. Plus he has a gun-saber. Only though about Ezra is that Ezra never existed and to mention him is blasphemy.

On the other hand, that paint scheme is very nice for some unnamed and generic rebel guy.

18 hours ago, Minaith said:

Ezra is a non-trained teenager who beats everybody at everything, even Palpatine on Force shenanigans. Plus he has a gun-saber. Only though about Ezra is that Ezra never existed and to mention him is blasphemy.

On the other hand, that paint scheme is very nice for some unnamed and generic rebel guy.

Man.

You clearly haven't watched any of Rebels. Like at all.

Easily the worst take on the forum. GG bruv.

19 hours ago, Dngrmonkey1420 said:

...and heres my concept for Ezra. Not sure if i like this one. It may be a little too on the nose.

Thoughts anyone?

ezra concept.JPG

I'd say just painting his helmet on isn't terribly representative, but it is identifiable and very cool..!

1190536471_phoenixtie.JPG.d686decc24ed1944423cba3a0f730523.JPG This will be the design on the opposite side of the Zeb and Ezra Ties

477606831_thrawncolor.JPG.448a3371422dda6986f25ff068ae6cc4.JPG My 7th fleet/Thrawn concept (Im thinking of a Base color of Greyish-white for the whole Tie 1370184838_fisttie.JPG.a8e6828f3825a88c5f9af40a4bc11481.JPG My Emperor's Fist concept (Same base coat as the Thrawn on this one.)

2 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

I'd say just painting his helmet on isn't terribly representative, but it is identifiable and very cool..!

Yeah that's kinda what worred me. The Zeb one is representative of him but also abstract. I MAY cut the image and focus on the color scheme, possibly throw a hidden Jedi symbol in there as well. Sadly its one that took me the longest and im the least happy with it

Maybe some version of the image on the back of his jacket. Although its a birs so that with the other side might be too much...

Maybe ill freehand airbrush that one....

If you sculpt some of Ezra's hair onto the ball-shaped cockpit with some Greenstuff or Miliput, and painted the ship orange like his jumpsuit then you'd REALLY be on the nose.

Dang it! Someone make this mod before I ruin a perfectly good TIE/ln!

6 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Easily the worst take on the forum. GG bruv.

Where is my badge. šŸ¤©

17 hours ago, Dngrmonkey1420 said:

Sadly its one that took me the longest and im the least happy with it.

Biggest mood that ever mooded, dude. I super get that feeling, been there a million times.

13 hours ago, Minaith said:

Where is my badge. šŸ¤©

I'm literally too lazy to make it. Just know it exists in my heart.

On 9/16/2019 at 5:58 PM, Dngrmonkey1420 said:

Thoughts anyone?

ezra concept.JPG

Well none of these Rebels TIEs look like they go with Sabine's TIE. What were you really going for? The logos are interesting but they're just logos. It looks like an Ezra Tribute TIE and not a Ezra got into Sabine's paints and painted the thing so he didn't get shot by the good guys. The ships don't look like the character stole a TIE and painted it themselves. Or like Sabine painted the stolen TIE for Ezra or Zeb. They don't really look Spectre TIE Squadron or Phoenix TIE Squadron.

And it also looks like you've hijacked the thread.

On 9/18/2019 at 8:46 AM, Frimmel said:

And it also looks like you've hijacked the thread.

Because there's so many other TIE repaints.

My first try at painting ships. Next time ill primed them first. Feel free to criticize and sharing your opinions with me, i want to get better at this.

Edited by shodan1972

@shodan1972 Looking good; nice uniform squad. Your paint jobs are solid!

If possible, next time try and have a neutral background. The spines of your Dragonlanceā„¢ novels kind of play games with the eyes. Also--if you can--have some bounce light from a second source or diffused lighting, it would help your ships show up better.

2 tips:

1. Tape a blank sheet of copy paper over that desk lamp and your shadows won't be so harsh.
  2. instead of bringing your camera in close to take the pic, keep the subject at arm's length (or further) and zoom in for the pic. More of your ships will stay in focus this way. Just be sure to steady the camera on the desk or a book so you minimize camera shake.
14 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

@shodan1972 Looking good; nice uniform squad. Your paint jobs are solid!

If possible, next time try and have a neutral background. The spines of your Dragonlanceā„¢ novels kind of play games with the eyes. Also--if you can--have some bounce light from a second source or diffused lighting, it would help your ships show up better.

2 tips:

1. Tape a blank sheet of copy paper over that desk lamp and your shadows won't be so harsh.
  2. instead of bringing your camera in close to take the pic, keep the subject at arm's length (or further) and zoom in for the pic. More of your ships will stay in focus this way. Just be sure to steady the camera on the desk or a book so you minimize camera shake.

This is fantastic. While my painting abilities are rapidly approaching average, my photography skills are well below par.

Thank you,

5 hours ago, Whalers on the moon said:

This is fantastic. While my painting abilities are rapidly approaching average, my photography skills are well below par.

Thank you,

Same here lol :)

On 11/3/2019 at 7:06 AM, shodan1972 said:

On 11/5/2019 at 5:15 PM, Force Majeure said:

If possible, next time try and have a neutral background. The spines of your Dragonlanceā„¢ novels kind of play games with the eyes.

I just figured they were Bronze Dragon Squadron. šŸ˜‰

At that point, it kinda works.

That TIE has seen better days!

I just did 2 more. Ill put some pictures up later.

Edited by shodan1972

Batman !

Start of my series of super heroes šŸ™‚

Batman_X-Wing-ssq-mini.jpg

... my League of Justice ...

Flash - Batman - Spiderman - Hulk (from left to right)

p.s.: I'm not an expert on comics, but I fear I mixed the Marvel and DC Universe heroes... don't know if this was a taboo, but anyway, I play those four as my inferno squad (usually with a tie reaper as honeypot).

League-of-Justice-X-Wings-s-mini.jpg

Inferno Squadron Tie. A very subtle paintjob.

42095875_10156925159072280_3597163263634