Finished SoC

By ChanceRiley, in Road to Legend

Woah. That was amazing. I played one full campaign of SoC by myself.

Encountered Mirklace. Tristayne, Verminous, And Eliza as Enemies. Rylan as an Ally.

Finished at Legendary(54). It's real easy to get Fame in this one. Of the story quests that I played, Labyrinth of Ruin, The Trollfens, and Lair of the Wyrm created alternate map set ups. There were a lot more puzzles.

Relics are stupid common. Reynhart as Champion equipped with Spirited Scythe is really good. Lots of advantage there.

Edited by ChanceRiley
I forgot one lieutenant.

Poking around tells me you can also get alternative layouts from Manor of Ravens, Mists of Bilehall and one last one that requires both Mists and Chain that Rust.

I finally got to play last night and finished the first stage.

WOW! So many options. It's going to take a few replays to fully explore all the possibilities of the first stage alone.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed Kindred Fire, but if SoC keeps this up it's going to leave it for dead.

Agreed. Seeds of Corruption is easily the most "RPG" of all the campaigns descent has had yet.

And it feels good.

I just want to know how we can go up from here.

I just finished the first quest, It was a blast, really. Lot of dialogs and a really nice background. I needed a dictionary to help me with some words due to the rich and literary vocabulary, but it was pretty cool !

I had Mists of Bilehall tiles for the right wing of the map, and ended up beaten by a major peril with Queen Ariad. Lot of possibilities and many tiles not explored, I can not wait to do the following quests tomorrow ... and to do it again at a later time with new heroes and choices. :)

Great to hear... I'm still wondering if I should give this a shot solo, or if it would spoil subsequent playthroughs with a gaming group.

Great to hear... I'm still wondering if I should give this a shot solo, or if it would spoil subsequent playthroughs with a gaming group.

I think you should. The multiple choices and result of the campaign makes it worth to play 2-3 times minimum anyway.

I'm really amazed by it so far, running it side-by-side with 2 groups, haven't completed it yet, but really impressed. Miles ahead of Kindred Fire.

I was also surprised to make use of some Mist/Chains content right from the first main quest. So even main quest seems to adapt slightly. Plus the side quest, for someone who owns the full collection (minus Belthir and Eliza Farrow), it's very satisfying to make full use of it.