Terminal Directive Campaign!

By The Mick, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Lol, complain and you shall receive ;) a.k.a. yay, another preview article!

Thanks Grimwalker for the overview and the link to the translated rulebook - very helpful!

Applying nonremovable stickers and destruction of game elements is pretty standard in Legacy games.

That said, I'll be VERY surprised if it ever asked you to deface or destroy any tournament-legal card. Stickers look to only be applied to the campaign board

Ill scan all that sticker and other nonsense and make my own stuff...

On 1/27/2017 at 7:01 AM, Grimwalker said:

Applying nonremovable stickers and destruction of game elements is pretty standard in Legacy games.

That said, I'll be VERY surprised if it ever asked you to deface or destroy any tournament-legal card. Stickers look to only be applied to the campaign board

On 1/27/2017 at 6:27 PM, Kentares said:

Ill scan all that sticker and other nonsense and make my own stuff...

I think scanning sounds like the best idea.

Now if only there was a way to remake draft packs so you can keep playing draft without having to buy a whole new deck.

I love Netrunner if I had a better income I'd have a holy heck lots of em. (I just gotta buy Data and Destiny and Honor and Profit my fave Corps!!)

Now I have a question... My favorite Runner faction is Anarchs (they get the cooler looking programs) and my favorite corps are NBN and Jinteki in fact Netrunner is inspiration of my username here. But to my question: Can I be any faction when I play or am I forced to be somebody? I imagine a I forget green faction name.. And I really don't wanna play as a Haas-Bioroid goon.

EDIT: Also serious uber giant concern here... What if I play this as a Corp and then wanna play it as a Runner? They better have extra packs or allow me to buy new sets of sheets and sets or I'm so not buying something literally made to be played ONCE. A video game is one thing but a board game?!?!

Edited by CEOWolf

Look at it this way: both you and whoever you play the campaign with will both want the regular cards for your own collections, so if you each buy one then that's two full sets of campaign materials.

the rulebook leaked online does specify you should use TD IDs, so that means your options are Criminal/Shaper and HB/Weyland.

39 minutes ago, Grimwalker said:

Look at it this way: both you and whoever you play the campaign with will both want the regular cards for your own collections, so if you each buy one then that's two full sets of campaign materials.

the rulebook leaked online does specify you should use TD IDs, so that means your options are Criminal/Shaper and HB/Weyland.

Minor issue is I don't play with anyone into Netrunner just friends I convince to play it.

So if it is going to be 1 runner and 1 corp (and not a team like Armada's CC) what happens when the corp flatlines the runner? Game over?

You just go on to the next match in the campaign. They wouldn't include Weyland and an ID which brutally punishes direct damage if a flatline would end the story.

6 hours ago, Grimwalker said:

You just go on to the next match in the campaign. They wouldn't include Weyland and an ID which brutally punishes direct damage if a flatline would end the story.

Kind of removes the tension of flat lining though. But in the same time there is no real way to bankrupt a mega-corp. They would just get federalized and bailed out.

gotta start suspending disbelief somewhere.

Has anyone heard how long the Campaign will take to play? As in number of hours or number of games or some other metric to get a feel for it?

I am wondering if it could be finished in "a long day" or "a long weekend" or if it will require numerous evenings of play.

The recent articles indicate that it's four games long, but that may be keyed specifically to the achievements of the Release Event.

From the latest preview :

And while you'll uncover many of the campaign's secrets the first time you play it, there's plenty of reason to REVISIT it for multiple plays.

So...is it not a Legacy game? The campaign can actually be fully replayed without creating your own components? I wish they'd be clearer on this point.

Because each box has a full set of tournament legal cards, it's assumed that interested players will buy a copy for themselves. Each copy of the set comes with a set of campaign materials for both the Corp and the Runner. So after you have played through the campaign as one side, you still have the stuff to play through as the other side.

There are secret packs to open, stickers that get permanently applied to your PAD, and campaign-only cards that will get unsealed/altered/destroyed during the course of play, so you probably can't roll back your used campaign materials back to the initial state without some serious workarounds.

I've never been a fan of legacy games. I remember the first one I ever heard about was a RISK gamer that used it. When I heard it was a one trime play game and it was like over 20 bucks, I was like huh, what?!.... I love board and card games cause of the reputability.

I'd buy TDC just for the cards. When it comes to the stickers, can't you just print them out so they won't be so sticky; then just place em on the board that way?... I know it would be hard to play with the windows open, but I'd rather that then putting stickers on a board. Or better yet, you can use a program like vassal... make a digital board and just stick all you want on to it :P

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 3:43 AM, Marinealver said:

Now if only there was a way to remake draft packs so you can keep playing draft without having to buy a whole new deck.

How about putting the sticker on the card sleeve? Maybe double sleeve, so the stickers don't rubb off during shuffling.

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:33 PM, Kaijudo said:

I've never been a fan of legacy games. I remember the first one I ever heard about was a RISK gamer that used it. When I heard it was a one trime play game and it was like over 20 bucks, I was like huh, what?!.... I love board and card games cause of the reputability.

I'd buy TDC just for the cards. When it comes to the stickers, can't you just print them out so they won't be so sticky; then just place em on the board that way?... I know it would be hard to play with the windows open, but I'd rather that then putting stickers on a board. Or better yet, you can use a program like vassal... make a digital board and just stick all you want on to it :P

We used Blutack to hold the printed stuff on the board for our Risk legacy game. It worked really good. Sticks solid, left no stains.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor blu tack

This post is not sponsored by Blutac. :)

Edited by Robin Graves
On 1/30/2017 at 6:43 PM, Marinealver said:

6 hours ago, Robin Graves said:

How about putting the sticker on the card sleeve? Maybe double sleeve, so the stickers don't rubb off during shuffling.

Or better, stickers where the adhesive is on the side of the word similar to the ones you use for parking permit decals that you put on the inside of your windshield. That way you can put the sticker inside the sleeve instead of doubling it. The only question would be the cost.

Anyone else confused/ticked off about the massive box size?*

It's 4 packs of cards, 2 packs of post it stickers, a sticker sheet, two flimsy boards and the rulebook...

...almost suspened in midair by the box insert inside a massive box.

The content would have fit inside a standard deluxe expansion box if they changed the shape of the boards and rulebook a little. So why is FFG using a box the size of the Warhammer 3d ed RPG?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor netrunner terminal directive unboxing

It's making the core set look like an expansion!

* first world problems, I know.

At first I though there will be a rule book inside, with the same dimensions of the box. This is not the case. It is just a silly big box, one that can't even use the 3rd party storage solutions for the standard netrunner box. The must have had a bunch of left over boxes of this size.

They buy box stock in enormous lots so "leftover" is just a way of saying "stock on hand."

Well it is a nice box, anybody know of any 3rd party storage solutions that will fit that box? Doesn't necessarily need to be for cards.

18 hours ago, Mep said:

At first I though there will be a rule book inside, with the same dimensions of the box. This is not the case. It is just a silly big box, one that can't even use the 3rd party storage solutions for the standard netrunner box. The must have had a bunch of left over boxes of this size.

I'm wondering if it's the same size as the one for Warhammer rpg 3d edition.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor warhammer fantasy rpg 3rd edition box