Terminal Directive Campaign!

By The Mick, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Holy crap this is exciting! Sure, it doesn't add anything to the tournament world of Netrunner, but as a fan of the Legacy format, I can't believe this wasn't implemented sooner! This product cannot come soon enough! And yeah, sure its price tag is a little hefty, but since you'll probably be playing the game with the same opponent, and no one will really get to "keep" the game once its done, you can both split the cost of one box!

Edited by The Mick

Sure, it doesn't add anything to the tournament world of Netrunner

even as the expansion provides a massive infusion to your standard, tournament-legal Android: Netrunner matches with 163 new cards (86 Corp and 77 Runner) divided between the Criminal, Shaper, Haas-Bioroid, and Weyland Consortium factions, as well as neutral

Although I love the theme of Netrunner and have got the core set, I haven't really played it very many times. If this plays well with just itself and the core set I may have to pick it up.

This thing costs twice as much as a deluxe expansion ($60) while not adding more cards than a traditional deluxe. In addition, it's a Legacy style game, so you can only play the campaign once and the cards are all tournament legal so if you're a serious player, you're forced to buy it.

Seems like a massive cash grab to me.

I wish the makers of these Legacy Style games would start creating these character sheets within a digital App. That way it could be replayed. Sure the Story is one of a kind but certainly there are other paths to follow within it that could be reconstructed.

The stickers just seem like such a hassle and usually get all buggered up when you're trying to place them.

Especially for a perfectionist like me!

IT MUST BE STRAIGHT OR ELSE. HAHA. *Thrusts trusty ruler into the air*

This thing costs twice as much as a deluxe expansion ($60) while not adding more cards than a traditional deluxe. In addition, it's a Legacy style game, so you can only play the campaign once and the cards are all tournament legal so if you're a serious player, you're forced to buy it.

If i read it correctly it contains 163 new individual cards in playsets, so excluding identities/unique cards it should be ca 450 physical cards. Could anyone confirm this?

I wish the makers of these Legacy Style games would start creating these character sheets within a digital App. That way it could be replayed. Sure the Story is one of a kind but certainly there are other paths to follow within it that could be reconstructed.

The stickers just seem like such a hassle and usually get all buggered up when you're trying to place them.

My current plan is to turn the stickers into magnets. Never been particularly crafty, but it seems like an easy solution.

If i read it correctly it contains 163 new individual cards in playsets, so excluding identities/unique cards it should be ca 450 physical cards. Could anyone confirm this?

As I read it the box contains 163 cards (which includes playsets of each new card). The 163 cards are in line with the recomended FFG sleeves (4packs x50 sleeves). While I think it is a nice idea. The pricing for tournament players is horrible. Less content for twice the amount of cash they want from you...

Edit: I hope though that there was a miscommunication internally and you are right kempy...

Edited by sharoth

I got Shadowrun Crossfire as a present, but still didn't play it because of the sticker stuff. I'm not into legacy games at all.

Too bad because it sounds fun.

It's alright but not what I have hoped for. I would like to see a Runner vs Runner format where they are going against an NPC corporate set up and can move ice to other runners side. and what not. Corperate vs corperate could be somethign interesting but that is best when using a runner as its own server but the runner could be flatlined. However when a runner gets another runner it could trash an asset or add a tag.

As I read it the box contains 163 cards (which includes playsets of each new card). The 163 cards are in line with the recomended FFG sleeves (4packs x50 sleeves). While I think it is a nice idea. The pricing for tournament players is horrible.

Yes, I think that's 163 tournament-legal cards total. I compared the phrasing on this with a sample of other Netrunner products, and the number of sleeves required confirms it. Depending on what other components there are, it seems a bit pricey, and just as an expansion for tournament players it's nasty. Won't be buying at RRP if avoidable!

I am confused, how do you get 163 cards in playsets of 3? 163 doesn't divide by 3 evenly and 489 doesn't fit in 200 sleeves.

Either way legacy games are fun. Really enjoying Seafall so I will buy this either way.

Don't forget that there's going to be ID cards. They may or may not be 3x copies.

If you assume the IDs are 1x each, then corp gets 28 cards by title, runners 25 by title, 3x apiece.

The wording:

...with 163 new cards (86 Corp and 77 Runner) divided between the Criminal, Shaper, Haas-Bioroid, and Weyland Consortium factions, as well as neutral. With its four new identities and a complete playset of each new player card ...

seems to suggest it will be about 3x163 cards

i wish they would be a bit more exact with their wording. There is no need for all this guessing, Just mention the total number of cards in the box as well and be done with it.

i wish they would be a bit more exact with their wording. There is no need for all this guessing, Just mention the total number of cards in the box as well and be done with it.

I hear ya. Pretty much every other product specifies something like "sixty new cards (three copies each of twenty cards)" - why can't they do something similar here? :(

I wish. But the card sleeves limit the total card count to between 150-200, so we do have a high degree of certainty, even if it wasn't explicit.

The price has dropped to about $40. Guess they found a bean counter who could actually count ;)

The wording:

...with 163 new cards (86 Corp and 77 Runner) divided between the Criminal, Shaper, Haas-Bioroid, and Weyland Consortium factions, as well as neutral. With its four new identities and a complete playset of each new player card ...

seems to suggest it will be about 3x163 cards

FF seems to do an exceptionally poor job of describing their products, i was looking at the two player netrunner mat and it doesnt even state the dimensions! 4 paragraphs of puffing up how immersive it will make me feel, and not a single sentence describing particulars of the product. Concerning the card distribution in this set, though, it seems that the answer is obtuse but available.

We know that the set with have " With its four new identities and a complete playset of each new player card "

We also know that the set will have, " 163 new cards (86 Corp and 77 Runner) "

And we agree that a playset of identities is 1 copy of the card, and a playset of other cards is 3 copies.

So we will have 2 cards from each pool as the new identities, leaving 84 for corp and 75 for runner, both of which are divisible by the 3 for the playsets. This would equate to 28 new cards + 2 identities for corp, and 25 new cards + 2 identities for the runners.

This result would jive with their suggested sleeve numbers as well.

I think it's about time they released more information about this.

Is this supposed to be played just like normal Netrunner games? If so, what are the stickers supposed to do?

Why are there four identities? Can this be played with 4 players?

Or is it meant to be a solo game, since according to the news article you have to pick either the Runner or the Corp side at the beginning?

Looks like they already have plans for at least a second Legacy set, featuring the factions missing from this first set.

I'm really not sure what to think of this...

I think it's about time they released more information about this.

Agreed. Get hype!

Is this supposed to be played just like normal Netrunner games? If so, what are the stickers supposed to do?

Why are there four identities? Can this be played with 4 players

It's played out over a series of matches against an opponent. The identities are there to provide you options and presumably they're legal for normal play. The stickers go on a player board and track ongoing developments in the campaign.

I don't know that there's any evidence that there are other Campaign Expansions in the works, other than the fact that the factions being focused on in this box are generally not regarded as being terribly dominant at this point in the metagame. There's no guarantee that there'll be another featuring Anarchs, Jinteki, or NBN. (and quite frankly I think lots of people are sick of Orange and Yellow getting cool stuff.)

The rulebook from the German-language version leaked online and should give you some more info about setup: http://pastebin.com/0eBh6JQm

Also, the campaign imposes certain deckbuilding rules, specifying specific cards that will be included in your deck or removed based on the story progression. You can also make deck changes between games.

Has there been any confirmation that the new player cards will come in 3x or is people just assuming it based on the LCG format?

It feels kinda weird that an "independent" game would come with what we know to be full playsets instead of a mix and match of cards for more variety of gameplay. I don't discard seeing some player cards at 1x or 2x to create some balance within the campaign game.

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

Even while it adds four new identities and 159 other tournament-legal player cards to Android: Netrunner (three copies each of fifty-three different cards)

So the speculation can't stop I guess.

Edit 2: So is this a standalone product or will it require you to own the Core set?

Edited by xchan

Damon gave an interview the other day and said while it might be theoretically possible to build legal decks out of just Terminal Directive, there would be few if any meaningful deckbuilding choices, and you'd also be without the rulebook and tokens. But it's a great second purchase.

I will say I notice one thing. FFG seems to now have a thing for stickers and I don't know why? Is there a way they could make them reusable or give use a fresh sheet and we can just use a marker (red/blue) to cross off task.