Terminal Directive Campaign!

By The Mick, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Looks like it.

On 4/27/2017 at 6:30 AM, Robin Graves said:

We used Blutack to hold the printed stuff on the board for our Risk legacy game. It worked really good. Sticks solid, left no stains.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor blu tack

This post is not sponsored by Blutac. :)

Nice idea.

I got my copy on Thursday. I read the rules, it seems like it would be fun.

On 1/27/2017 at 10:01 AM, Grimwalker said:

Applying nonremovable stickers and destruction of game elements is pretty standard in Legacy games.

That said, I'll be VERY surprised if it ever asked you to deface or destroy any tournament-legal card. Stickers look to only be applied to the campaign board

They have netrunner cards you have to put the stickers on, but they're not tournament legal.

I'm just going to print out the changed text stickers, then put them in the sleeve. I'm not putting stickers on anything.

Edited by Kaijudo

They really should make these "legacy" style games a lot cheaper, so we can buy two copies. One to keep mint and one to write on, tear up and slap stickers on.

2 hours ago, Robin Graves said:

They really should make these "legacy" style games a lot cheaper, so we can buy two copies. One to keep mint and one to write on, tear up and slap stickers on.

Yeah agreed.

I think it's the tournament legal cards that made it the price it is, cause everything else in the box is not worth 40 bucks.

On 11/11/2016 at 9:47 PM, Minute said:

This thing costs twice as much as a deluxe expansion ($60) while not adding more cards than a traditional deluxe. In addition, it's a Legacy style game, so you can only play the campaign once and the cards are all tournament legal so if you're a serious player, you're forced to buy it.

Seems like a massive cash grab to me.

It's only that if the legacy game sucks and the cards are tournament staples. Otherwise it is at worst a non-ideal price point for the tournament player who isn't interested in anything but meta tourney play which while not terrific I think is rather forgivable especially as the legacy gamers are likely to dump the cards on the secondary market when they are done with their legacy play.

3 hours ago, Kaijudo said:

Yeah agreed.

I think it's the tournament legal cards that made it the price it is, cause everything else in the box is not worth 40 bucks.

It isn't what is in the box. The design of the campaign took time and effort. The Armada campaign box isn't full of its worth in paper either, but designing campaigns isn't free.

On 4/4/2017 at 7:24 AM, Paine said:

From the latest preview :

So...is it not a Legacy game? The campaign can actually be fully replayed without creating your own components? I wish they'd be clearer on this point.

I would guess since there are 2 runner and 2 corp factions if you and a friend both have a copy there are 4 unique playthroughs available so long as you and your friend don't spoil any secret info for each other. If the stickers are faction unique then you could just blackout the old ones and lay new stickers. Got mine yesterday so I need to play it and find out what's what.

2 hours ago, Jetfire said:

It isn't what is in the box. The design of the campaign took time and effort. The Armada campaign box isn't full of its worth in paper either, but designing campaigns isn't free.

Yes the game had a lot of time put into the design, but you're paying for the content inside not how much time went into it. Don't misunderstand me, I read the rules and I know I'm going to have fun with it. Damon Stone is a great designer. I just think it was priced kinda high because it has a lot of tournament legal cards, its almost like a deluxe set. If you took those cards out and left the stickers and text cards, it would only be about 25 dollars.

2 hours ago, Kaijudo said:

Yes the game had a lot of time put into the design, but you're paying for the content inside not how much time went into it. Don't misunderstand me, I read the rules and I know I'm going to have fun with it. Damon Stone is a great designer. I just think it was priced kinda high because it has a lot of tournament legal cards, its almost like a deluxe set. If you took those cards out and left the stickers and text cards, it would only be about 25 dollars.

Maybe FFG was worried it would sell less if it had no tournament legal cards in it.

12 minutes ago, Robin Graves said:

Maybe FFG was worried it would sell less if it had no tournament legal cards in it.

I think you're right. It makes a lot of sense. This is how they get fans of the game to buy something new. Do you have any idea how well Android: Mainframe did?.... Mainframe doesn't have any tournament legal cards. It's a fun game, I love it.

2 hours ago, Kaijudo said:

Yeah, no... you are definitely paying for the design time of what's in the box as it is just a few dollars worth of cardboard and art. Otherwise they could just release card packs with random gibberish at $15 a pop and you would buy those too. An LCG/CCG is almost entirely design cost with some paper, ink and shipping rolled in. So if you buy a box with more design time, it costs more for the same volume of paper.

Edited by Jetfire
On 4/27/2017 at 2:17 PM, Robin Graves said:

Anyone else confused/ticked off about the massive box size?*

It's 4 packs of cards, 2 packs of post it stickers, a sticker sheet, two flimsy boards and the rulebook...

...almost suspened in midair by the box insert inside a massive box.

The box, with an insert from go7gamming or similar is late enough to offer 3 lanes of cards in a portrait format. Even with acrylic dividers this is room for several cores and a few cycles. Could this be a new size for LCG cores? I know we have seen a square box for L5R but it was for demo only, a piece of art pasted to the top and bottom of an LCG core box. This would be a reasonable box for people to collect an LCG, unlike the currant core and deluxe books used for Conquest and AGoT2e.

2 hours ago, Tekwych said:

The box, with an insert from go7gamming or similar is late enough to offer 3 lanes of cards in a portrait format. Even with acrylic dividers this is room for several cores and a few cycles. Could this be a new size for LCG cores? I know we have seen a square box for L5R but it was for demo only, a piece of art pasted to the top and bottom of an LCG core box. This would be a reasonable box for people to collect an LCG, unlike the currant core and deluxe books used for Conquest and AGoT2e.

Cores for what LGC?.... I haven't heard any talks about a new LCG, I think they have their hands full with the current ones. I do like the box though, I'm going to use it to keep my core cards and legacy carsd in it.

10 hours ago, Kaijudo said:

Cores for what LGC?.... I haven't heard any talks about a new LCG, I think they have their hands full with the current ones. I do like the box though, I'm going to use it to keep my core cards and legacy carsd in it.

L5R? Maybe they feel like another one after that? You don't know.

2 hours ago, Grimwalker said:

L5R? Maybe they feel like another one after that? You don't know.

Yeah I think you're right. I didn't know FF was behind the L5R reboot. I was watching BP Live they other night, they did a show on it.

Just got the box at my local FGS.

Positive : lost of cards and a narrative campaign sounds fun.

Negative #1 : as said above they could have used the same box as for the other expansions.

Negative #2 : I can't escape the impression they could have achieved the same campaign by replacing the stickers with extra cards. Ah well, sleeves, bluetack and the local copy shop will help with replayability:-)

On 5/17/2017 at 8:56 AM, fritsk said:

I can't escape the impression they could have achieved the same campaign by replacing the stickers with extra cards.

The point of a Legacy game is that you make permanent alterations to game components and destroy others which are either done with or which you pass up on. If you're just selecting A over B and setting the B components aside then you don't really have a Legacy game.

On 5/19/2017 at 7:08 PM, Grimwalker said:

The point of a Legacy game is that you make permanent alterations to game components and destroy others which are either done with or which you pass up on. If you're just selecting A over B and setting the B components aside then you don't really have a Legacy game.

Yup, I understand the concept. But in this case it just seems to be a campaign with builtin changes/destruction of components so you can't replay it again. It's not like you end up with a boardgame with a permanently altered game world in which you can keep playing with the remaining pieces. The legacy bit doesn't add anything. It just ensures that you can play the campaign only once.

How many Legacy games keep getting played after they get to their final state? Seafall is essentially a different game once all its boxes are opened. The point of Legacy games is not the destination, it's the journey, and IMO you cheapen your choices if you don't make them irrevocably.

Let's just disagree:-)

I just feel that changing/destroying game components is a waste.

If it is just about a single journey then that journey better be worth the price of admission.