Armor question

By geek2785, in Deathwatch Rules Questions

Hello there thanks for answering. Brand new to this game and RPG. I'm using FaceBook to run a play by post 'Ark of the Lost Souls'. My question has to do with the mark VII armor. What is the range of the vox? Is the armor able to locate fellow Kill Team members within a certain range, if so whats the range?

Thanks again

The range of the Vox-Link inside Power Armor is described as being similar to that of a full Vox-Caster, namely around 100km. It is also capable of reaching ships in low orbit if thse are close by. As for locating others... there are no rules to back this up, although it is described that the Vox systems used by Astartes can be used to transmit video, bio-monitor readings, and ammo status among other things. It may not be too far a stretch to think they can be used to locate other KT members, but it would need to be down to housruling.

If the planet in question had a satellite array in orbit you could use GPS to locate buddies. If not you could use triangulation to get a general fix on a buddy by having two guys stand some distance apart and check the direction his signal was coming from.

The range of the Vox-Link inside Power Armor is described as being similar to that of a full Vox-Caster, namely around 100km. It is also capable of reaching ships in low orbit if thse are close by. As for locating others... there are no rules to back this up, although it is described that the Vox systems used by Astartes can be used to transmit video, bio-monitor readings, and ammo status among other things. It may not be too far a stretch to think they can be used to locate other KT members, but it would need to be down to housruling.

Waitwaitwait. If that's the case, what's the point of Requisitioning a Voxcaster? Is it just so non-Astartes around you can link their voxes in and stuff, or is it more for when you're in Scout Armour? And if you have one, could I grab a page reference, so I can show my GM, please?

Ah nvm, I am mistaken. It seems the Vox systems in Power Armor are described as "short-range voxes" in Deathwatch. To reach a starship you do need a full Vox-Caster. My bad, seems I had it messed up in my head.

Ah nvm, I am mistaken. It seems the Vox systems in Power Armor are described as "short-range voxes" in Deathwatch. To reach a starship you do need a full Vox-Caster. My bad, seems I had it messed up in my head.

Ah well, no problem - woulda been cool, though.