How well does the app scale with # of heroes?

By Daverman, in Road to Legend

The app was the final push to get me to try out Descent. In reading about the core Overlord vs. heroes gameplay I gather many seem to think the game plays better with 4 heroes and was curious if the app (campaigns and/or Delve) handles 2-3 heroes better. Anyone have an opinion?

Edited by Daverman

Works fine in the campaign (in my opinion), but I feel that delve is broken with 2 heros. Three attacks at the start of each stage with all monsters usually starting in range means the at least one group is dead before even activating.

I've started playing with the wife for the first time with only 2 heroes. I'm playing Avric and she is playing Jain. We've found playing on normal doesn't seem overly challenging after our first few missions.

The extra attack you get for only playing 2 heroes has allowed us to dish out some rather intense damage bursts.

So if a person were to try solo, you think controlling 1 hero is better balance and game than 2 yes? Thanks.

Edited by alexbobspoons

Two is the minimum heroes in all current campaigns and also in the Delve. Solo, you would need to run two heroes.

You lose the bonus attack if you play three or four.

I've found a better way to handle 2 heros is to only allow one hero per turn to have the additional attack. Otherwise it's a cake walk. Three heros is a lot harder

Ah thanks :)