Tannhäuser Tuesday - 12.9.08 - Hyenas and Monkeys

By Doc Savage, in Tannhauser

VISIT SAVAGE TALES FOR THE BEST IN TANNHAUSER CUSTOMS

I have posted the Tannhäuser Tuesday entry on my blog.

This week is Jackal's Hyenas 2-page character spread and the Rustung Fallhammer character card.

I also ask this question:

What would you like to see next?

1. Hellboy and the BPRD full faction all finished.
2. Eastern Dynasties or Rising Sun faction. Full of Kung Fu and eastern magic. Which name do you like better?
3. Creatures from Beyond Time and Space.

Let me know!

Dec 2, 2008 - Tannhäuser Tuesday - Sergio Ramirez Delastillas translated

Nov 25, 2008 - Tannhäuser Tuesday - Daedalus and Field Ops news

Nov 18, 2008 - Moeller's Hermetics M.U.R.08 Tokens are posted!

Nov 11, 2008 - Moeller's Hermetics Revised M.U.R.08 Character Sheet is up!

Nov 4, 2008 - U-Chronic Token of the Month - Secret Entrance + 3-player scenario

Oct 28, 2008 - Moeller's Hermetics Rüstung Fallhammer Character Sheet is up!

Oct 21, 2008 - Moeller's Hermetics M.U.R.08 Character Sheet and Tokens

Oct 15, 2008 - Moeller's Hermetics Revised Jackal Character Sheet

Oct 14, 2008 - Moeller's Hermetics Jackal Tokens and Character Sheets

Oct 7, 2008 - littlewars U-Chronic Token of the Month - The Mummy Strikes!

Sept 23, 2008 - Moeller's Hermetics Lady Kataryna Fürstenstein 2-page character sheet and Tokens for Twin Daggers version.

Sept 16, 2008 - Moeller's Hermetics Doktor Moeller Tokens and revised 2-page character sheet.

Sept 9, 2008 - Moeller's Hermetics The 2-page Doktor Moeller character sheet is up!!!

Sept 2, 2008 - littlewars updated tokens for plageman's Ikarus Faith

Aug 26, 2008 - Moeller's Hermetics Doktor Moeller's bio and card v.2

Aug 12, 2008 - Tannhäuser Tuesday - Map!

I have the official first draft of my map up!!! It is an indoor / outdoor map with 4 entry points and more circles than a bowl of Cheerios!!!

Aug 5, 2008 - Tannhäuser Tuesday - U-Chronic Token of the Month Hellboy Special - Hellboy Summer pack

Read my blog here:

http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/

Here is an exclusive sneak peek...

cagealcatraz_cell_ape.jpg

docsavagepu8.png?t=1228897930

Cool!

I am almost ready to play the Hermetics. Just one thing... Are there tokens for the Rustung Fallhammer apes and the Jackal's Hyenas? Did I just miss them somehow?

Thanks for all your work!

Don

Oh, and I'd like to see the Hellboy / BPRD faction finished, since I already have the miniatures ;-)

Don

I still owe the Tokens for the Rustung Fallhammer and the Hyenas. I also need to redo the card for the Hyenas with the artwork instead of the photos of the minis.

Here's the voting:

BPRD - 1

Eastern Dynasties / Rising Sun - 0

docsavagepu8.png?t=1228888688

Yeah, this is really efficient... I made a small error in my blog post earlier today. I had forgotten to turn on the big Jackal logo layer on the Character sheet. I have replaced this with a fixed one...

Woot I use Jackel a lot Doc amazing character for sure not as much as Tala though :) hopefully only a few more weeks until Novgrod and the other two new mini expansions

Jackal wow yeah finals this week goin off 6 hours for a total of 3 days lol me and spelling

i would like to see the rising sun faction next gran_risa.gif

Complete Hellboy and BPRD first if you can Please.

Creatures from Time and Space sounds interesting ? Is that more in a SciFi or Cthulhu direction ?

I'm also voting BPRD with Creatures From Time And Space a close second.

I'm hoping this could be an interdimensional type faction. I really loved the re-based lobster monsters you used from the Dreamblade game. I want those guys! A lot of those minis could be a goldmine for Creatures From Time And Spac e.

UPDATED

Next Tannhauser project tabulations:

Hellboy and the BPRD- 4

Rising Sun - 1

Creatures From Beyond Time and Space (Cthulhu-ish figures from D&D minis and Dreamblade)

Zombies - 1 (write in) - an idea that has occurred to me, but I do not have the figures for it. I only do customs that I have the figures for. I am also trying to make it easy on others to get the figures... in most cases happy.gif

docsavagepu8.png?t=1228464428

As far as zombies go, I have always wanted to do use the Irradiated Zombie from Horrorclix for Tannhauser:

HRLA_046.jpg

Shock Wave goggles, Union Colors!

Yep, there are some good zombies in Horrorclix, but they might be a bit big or Tannhauser. There are also Heroscape Zombies ($14 for 6 prepainted). There are also many metal zombie figures, but they are not painted and will not be used by me for a custom... Probably...

docsavagepu8.png?t=1228464428

I vote for creatures from the future theme. I also think that zombies (vampires,vodoo mages, and weres) might be a good faction for adventures in the dead-lands.

Dear Doc,

I have printed Moeller's Hermetics and ordered the figures, but I have a few questions about the character sheets.

I assume Lady Furstenstein's "Twin Daqggers" are a Hand-to-Hand Weapon, but it doesn't say so. Is this true?

Lady Furstenstein's "Parry & Reposte" refers to a Katana. What Katana?

M.U.R. 08's "Severe Malfunction" refers to Lady Furstenstein's love for Moeller. What text was supposed to be here?

The Jackal's card refers to a 10 circle distance between him and the hyenas, while the hyenas' card refers to a 5 circle distance. Which is correct?

There is text for the hyenas' "Hunter" token that appears to go with the "Bloodthirsty" token. Is there some text missing?

How do the hyenas attack? They have no weapon.

I do not understand "Follow the Scent" at all. Could you please explain some more?

How do the Apes attack? They have no weapon.

Thanks for your work on this,

Don

I already mentioned the idea of zombies in the old forum and created stats and tokens...

no one was interested. =(

Don Frew has gone and done it - he's actually paid attention to my stuff. Now he has a bunch of very valid questions and noticed that all this stuff still isn't finished. I will help him out here as best I can.

Lady Furstenstein:

Refer to the latest version of the Lady, here .

Lady%2BFurst%2Bdouble%2Bcharacter%2Bpage

Q: I assume Lady Furstenstein's "Twin Daqggers" are a Hand-to-Hand Weapon, but it doesn't say so. Is this true?
A: They are a hand to hand weapon. Good catch. I will have to fix this.

Q: Lady Furstenstein's "Parry & Reposte" refers to a Katana. What Katana?
A: There is to be a second Lady card using a different figure that has a Katana and a pistol. I thought I did that... I'll post it... soon...

M.U.R.08:

Q: M.U.R. 08's "Severe Malfunction" refers to Lady Furstenstein's love for Moeller. What text was supposed to be here?
A: Another good catch. That should just be some unwritten flavor text... No game play material.

Q: The Jackal's card refers to a 10 circle distance between him and the hyenas, while the hyenas' card refers to a 5 circle distance. Which is correct?
A: The Hyena character sheet is correct and I will have to go back and fix the Jackal character sheet. I decided that the 10 circle distance was too much and dialed it back, while allowing a greater distance if you have the combat pack power Follow the Scent which really should say, "Instead of their normal rule, the hyenas can move and attack on Jackal's path or any path adjacent to Jackal's path."

Q: There is text for the hyenas' "Hunter" token that appears to go with the "Bloodthirsty" token. Is there some text missing?
A: Arrggg. The red box on Hunter belongs to Bloodthirsty. There is no additional text for Hunter.

Q: How do the hyenas attack? They have no weapon.
A: They have the Hand to Hand Combat Skill on their character card.

Q: I do not understand "Follow the Scent" at all. Could you please explain some more?
A: As I said above, "Follow the Scent" should read "Instead of their normal rule, the hyenas can move and attack on Jackal's path or any path adjacent to Jackal's path."

Q: How do the Apes attack? They have no weapon.
A: They have the Hand to Hand Combat Skill.

Thanks for your work on this,

Don

You're welcome, Don. Thank you for proofing my work :) I will try to get a blog post up with all the current Hermetics stuff (minus these fixes) tomorrow.

Arrgghh. This site doesn't handle the big graphics well, does it. You can just copy the graphic off to your desktop. It should all be there...

I'd like to jump in and elaborate on the difference between HtH skill vs HtH weapons in the Tannhauverse:

•A character must have the Hand-to-Hand skill to attack in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

•Hand-to-Hand weapons allow characters with the Hand-to-Hand skill to avoid having to use a worse-than-normal Combat Value when engaged in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

•If an attacker has a Hand-to-Hand weapon use the Combat Value from his current row of Characteristic Values to determine their dice pool for the attack.

•If an attacker does not have a Hand-to-Hand weapon use the Combat Value from his lowest row of Characteristic Values to determine their dice pool for the attack.

•If a defender has a Hand-to-Hand weapon he uses the Combat Value from his current row of characteristic Values to determine the attacker's Difficulty Score for the attack.

•If a defender does not have a Hand-to-Hand weapon he uses the Combat Value from his lowest row of characteristic Values to determine the attacker's Difficulty Score for the attack.

Sorry to be dense, but I'm still not clear on this.

The Hyenas have to stay with 5 circles of the Jackal. Their Movement value is 7. As I understand it... If they have "Follow the Scent" and a foe is on the same path as the Jackal, they can move to attack that foe even if the foe is more than 7 circles away from their current circle, as long as the foe is within 5 circles of the Jackal. Also, they can do this even if the foe is on a path that the Jackal is not on, but that has a circle adjacent to the Jackal's circle, e.g. through a doorway? Are these correct?

Thanks,

Don

One more thing...

Why are there Katana and Gold-plated .45 tokens for the non-Magdalena Lady when they are not part of her Packs?

Thanks again,

Don

DHFrew3 said:

Sorry to be dense, but I'm still not clear on this.

The Hyenas have to stay with 5 circles of the Jackal. Their Movement value is 7. As I understand it... If they have "Follow the Scent" and a foe is on the same path as the Jackal, they can move to attack that foe even if the foe is more than 7 circles away from their current circle, as long as the foe is within 5 circles of the Jackal. Also, they can do this even if the foe is on a path that the Jackal is not on, but that has a circle adjacent to the Jackal's circle, e.g. through a doorway? Are these correct?

Thanks,

Don

The intention of "Follow the Scent" is that the Hyenas are permitted to attack any foe on Jackal's path or a path adjacent to Jackal's path. The Hyenas must still abide by the normal movement rules to move around the board. With "Follow the Scent" the Hyenas do not have to stay as close to Jackal.

docsavagepu8.png?t=1231232524

DHFrew3 said:

One more thing...

Why are there Katana and Gold-plated .45 tokens for the non-Magdalena Lady when they are not part of her Packs?

Thanks again,

Don

This is to allow you to play either set of packs no matter which figure you have for the Lady...

docsavagepu8.png?t=1231232524

Great work - do you also have figure suggestions for Ikarus Faith?

Heroscape Red Skull, rebased, and optionally touched up with grey and green paint, I included an example in the PDF - first page, lower right corner.

I found a Heroscape Red Skull on eBay for $4 and rebased it. I still need to paint the mask grey.

I like the gameplay, and am very interested in seeing how you have adapted the world of Hellblazer to it!

Fezzwick